Best Free Agency

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Free Agency

Which team do you think did the most to better themselves in Free Agency?

The Browns did a lot, but they signed players who need to re-prove themselves. I love what the Jets have done. They've become significantly better and I think can compete for the division with the Patriots.

probably the patriots because they unloaded a bunch of garbage but kept randy moss.

Comment

The Jets did the best, Vikings did the worst.

Comment

Bills, no doubt in my mind.

Worst free agency (besides Raiders cuz that is a given): Jets.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

yeah the queens really stunk it up. how can they possibly think berrian and williams aren't trash. wow. good for the packers, though.

Comment

Outside of Woody who they clearly overpaid on, I'd like to know your explanation as to why the Jets had the worst free agency?
            WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
            Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
              Outside of Woody who they clearly overpaid on, I'd like to know your explanation as to why the Jets had the worst free agency?
              Overpaid for Woody.
              Overpaid for Calvin Pace.
              Traded for an overrated/injury risk in Kris Jenkins.

Spent a lot of money on Faneca but I am not going to complain on that signing.

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                yeah the queens really stunk it up. how can they possibly think berrian and williams aren't trash. wow. good for the packers, though.
                I think the Vikings did a good job ... I mean what were their other options to improve S and WR? They did the best they could imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                  Overpaid for Woody.
                  Overpaid for Calvin Pace.
                  Traded for an overrated/injury risk in Kris Jenkins.

Spent a lot of money on Faneca but I am not going to complain on that signing.
                  They had to overpay to get Pace who was the best rush LB on the open market (Thank you Larry Fitz for taking the Cards out of it). I see no problem here. He was in high demand.

Kris Jenkins has been healthy since 06. We'll see how he does. I think he will thrive as a NT but we will see.

I'm not going to argue the Woody because I have no idea why they paid so much for him. I'm sure they coudl have pay less for him o well. As long as it doesn't effect our ability to see free agents next year I'm ok.

Comment

You didn't need to overpay for Pace though because there is the draft (Gholston or a mid round hybrid).

I have a problem with paying a one year wonder that much money. I just do. I don't like it and I think the Jets are in panic mode and this reminds me too much of Dan Snyder going on a spending spree with the Redskins earlier on ...how'd that work out for them?

The Jets will not make the playoffs and they are shelling around a bunch of money when they do not need to.

Comment

You didn't need to overpay for Pace though because there is the draft (Gholston or a mid round hybrid).

I have a problem with paying a one year wonder that much money. I just do. I don't like it and I think the Jets are in panic mode and this reminds me too much of Dan Snyder going on a spending spree with the Redskins earlier on ...how'd that work out for them?

The Jets will not make the playoffs and they are shelling around a bunch of money when they do not need to.
                      They were like almost $35 million under the cap before the start of free agency I don't see the huge concern for spending a few bucks. As long as they don't cap strap themselves down the run things will be fine.

Comment

Um yeah but you are overpaying a bunch of scrubs.

Tampa paid big for Faine who deserved it then they sign a bunch of good fits at inexpensive prices and filled a lot of needs. That's the way you do it. You don't have to spend big to be effective in free agency.

Comment

Um yeah but you are overpaying a bunch of scrubs.

Tampa paid big for Faine who deserved it then they sign a bunch of good fits at inexpensive prices and filled a lot of needs. That's the way you do it. You don't have to spend big to be effective in free agency.
                          I'm just happy that the Jets finally did something in free agency this year. Something they haven't done in the past 5 or so years that I have been following them closely.

Comment

And you like the Bills free agency, yet they traded for a injuried DT like the Jets. You didn't like Jenkins do you also not like the Stroud trade?

Comment

Stroud has been more productive I feel like in his career than Jenkins and I think he is a very good fit in their defense...I don't think Jenkins is an upgrade over Robertson honestly in the 3-4 ... I don't think Jenkins is a 2 gap nose tackle.

Comment

Working...
                              X