Kipers Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kipers Mock

Can't see the whole thing but someone says he has the Chiefs taking Branden Albert. Can someone confirm this and if so he just lost all credability with me. It seems like a Carl Peterson move though

yea that is true

Comment

I respect Mel for pioneering the tradition of draftniks, but he just lost a lot of cred right there. Albert is a borderline first round pick.

Comment

lol you're a guard hater.

Albert has probably more upside than any other lineman in this draft. I think that is a very innovative, logical pick ... I could see it happening.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I don't really know a lot about albert, and i know keiper is one of the best, but wouldn't 5 be too high for Any guard, just the position in general, and isnt albert supposed to be a guard, tackle tweener at 6-7?

Comment

Albert is a guard who some think can play tackle. Guards rarely go in the first round, and never in the top-20.

Comment

Didn't shawn Andrews go top 20 a couple years back, was he some phenominal prospect?

Comment

He was going, I think, to play tackle, although that didn't work out.

Comment

Yeah, i figured something was up, cause on that NFL Network Path to the draft commercial he said he hoped he was going top 6 and there is no way in hell a guard will ever go top 6, and you can hold me to that

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                    Albert is a guard who some think can play tackle. Guards rarely go in the first round, and never in the top-20.
                    Why do you keep ignoring the fact that 3 have gone in the past 3 years? WHY? WHY?

Comment

Because teams don't value guards much in the draft. I know that Ben Grubbs was a first round pick last year, and there are other guards who went in round one. It just doesn't happen much.

Comment

I would mock him (****ty pun) but I had a guard going really high last year
                        Walter got PWN3D
                        Rams GM

Picks
                        2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
                        33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
                        65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
                        101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
                        137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
                        168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
                        180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

Because teams don't value guards much in the draft. I know that Ben Grubbs was a first round pick last year, and there are other guards who went in round one. It just doesn't happen much.
                          THREE YEARS IN A ROW.

Comment

I know, three years in a row. Someone needs to ask Matt that question on TDMMC (I will be in Philadelphia and can't listen live, unfortunately).

Comment

even though they don't, i think that guards and good centers need to get more attention, because the o-line is only as good as it's worst guy, and that's all it takes to screw up the play

Comment

Working...
                              X