Random Carl Nicks thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Random Carl Nicks thread

I've been thinking, is Carl Nicks out of Nebraska more of a left tackle or right. He has the massive figure and pure strength that is more common at right, but he has quickness and mobility to be left, along with crazy long arms.
    Last edited by huskers3333; 04-03-2008, 12:48 AM.

He simply made it look easy at the combine. I think he has the hips and short speed to play LT.

Charley Casserly (who I have a great respect for) said on NFL Network that he has some serious character issues.

The next Winston Justice?
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

i dont think his issues are as bad as winston justice, justice sat out a whole year, and the only thing i know of (there could be more) for nicks is some party problem

Comment

Casserly talked about how he has been divorced and he has heard he isn't easy to coach (think Travis Johnson or Justice like I said.)

I love Nicks' talent but his character needs to be looked into.

Comment

ok i didnt really know about the divorce thing. Another nebraska guy, cory mckeon, is way overrated, ive been reading that he is some late round sleeper who could be solid, what are your thoughts

Comment

One thing to be small (225 pounds). But it is one thing to be small, sluggish, and not much of a playmaker because I can't recall many plays he made for Nebraska from the 2 tapes I have on them from last season.

Comment

I dont like him at all. He is a huge BABY. he went on a post game press conference, crying and saying that the big mean coaches made it no fun, i was just wondering why he was considered a sleeper.

Comment

and on top of that he is a terrible linebacker

Comment

Originally posted by huskers3333 View Post
                  I dont like him at all. He is a huge BABY. he went on a post game press conference, crying and saying that the big mean coaches made it no fun, i was just wondering why he was considered a sleeper.
                  If you aren't in the first 2 rounds you are a sleeper. lol

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    i guess, i just dont think any team should spend more than a late 7th or free agent try on him

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      Not really. If a guy is flying under the radar, and you like him, then he is a sleeper.

Comment

I'm still questioning the knock on Carl Nicks having character issues. The only real thing that he has done is get a ticket for attending a disorderly house while at a party. The new Nebraska coach who banned him from the Pro Day wasn't even his coach - Bill Callahan was, and he's now the Asst. HC for the Jets charged with improving the running game. Callahan was enthusiastic about Nicks all last year and even moved him to the LT spot so he could develop further. The fact that he was divorced means nothing - lots of people get divorced for lots of different reasons and it doesn't mean they have character problems. The biggest real knock on him, imho, is that he will be 25 years old this year, thus shortening his useful life as a football player.

If the Chargers don't take Nicks at #27, the 9ers will have a shot at him with #29, but I can't see any way he gets past the Jets and Callahan in the early 2nd round.

Comment

oh crap there's another ninerfan. this is weird.

Comment

Yeah, I posted something about that in the off-topic forum. Finally, another person who gives a **** about the niners.

Comment

Working...
                            X