Opinion on the following players to the Jets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinion on the following players to the Jets

I was thinking there are A LOT of Jets fans out there who would take the below guys with the following players if Long, Long, Gholston, McFadden are off the board at pick #6.

R. Mendenhall
    D. Harvey

On a Jets board these 2 are more wanted than any CB on the board.
    I think most Jets fans are crazy when it comes to the NFL draft but hey I'm only so old and have lived through only so many drafts.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

They are crazy. Cornerback is a much larger need then running back or defensive end. You guys would be much better served with Leodis or DRC.

Comment

I think the Jets are one of the only teams in the top 10 with a legitimate reason, or chance to trade down. They will probably see one of the elite prospects (Ryan, McFadden, Dorsey, Long, Long, Gholston, Ellis) fall to them, with a team in the middle of round 1 looking to snatch them up. I don't really think there is alot of seperation from DRC-Talib, personally, even dropping to the early 20's I think the Jets could fill both needs, assuming they netted a 2nd rounder on top of the 1st rounder. If they want Mendenhall, and Gholston falls to them (I don't personally think that will happen, I think Gholston is the best prospect in the draft) they could garner a bunch of interest from teams in the mid round 1 range.
      www.5qsports.com, get some.
      "Relax, all right? Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic."
      -Crash Davis, Bull Durham

Comment

Honestly, if they wanted Mendenhall, they could probably trade down into the teens for someone who badly wanted McKelvin. I wouldn't waste #6 on him or Harvey.

Comment

I agree with Bluto. They should trade down with a team like New Orleans or Denver.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluto View Post
            Honestly, if they wanted Mendenhall, they could probably trade down into the teens for someone who badly wanted McKelvin. I wouldn't waste #6 on him or Harvey.
            Yea I agree with you guys on this. I guess the better way to phrase the original post is to say. If the Jets couldn't trade out of the spot lots of fans would prefer a Mendenhall or Harvey over McKelvin or DRC
            WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
            Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

If you weren't paying attention, I had the Jets take Mendenhall at #6 in my all new 5-rd shocker mock. I'm pretty much the man. no big deal though.

Comment

Yes, but that was a shocker mock. Also, it is a big reach there.

Comment

Thomas Jones can't run the ball successfully on his own and Leon Washington is a special teamer. The Vikings took Peterson and they already had Chester Taylor who is a better back than either of the two mentioned.

Theres no point in the Jets trading down when there is several players at that juncture who match value and need for them.

Comment

Honestly I don't think the Jets should pass on Matt Ryan if McFadden/Gholston/Chris Long is gone and Matt is available to them at #6. Kellen Clemens hasn't shown anything that should make anyone believe that he is definatly the franchise signal caller. I don't think they will end up taking Ryan but in that situation I think they definatly should.

Comment

they should trade down, although i dont know where, i wouldn't be surpised if they took harvey or mendenhall because (once again) teams copy the strategy of the champ, and the giants won it off pass rushing and running game

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                        I agree with Bluto. They should trade down with a team like New Orleans or Denver.
                        Hmm, I don't see this happening. New Orleans has pretty simple needs (a secondary) that can still be met well at 10, and jumping 6 places up to #6 seems a bit much for Denver, when getting in at #8 is all they really need.

Comment

McKelvin will be the pick if those 5 guys are off the board. Press man corners are so valuable and McKelvin is a very very good prospect.
                          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

i think that there is no chance of this happening, but the jets would be awesome if they picked a right tackle like clady with the 6th, and a running back in the 2nd. And ya i know that they need a corner and WR more, but it would be scary to watch them run

Comment

Yea. Jets would get better value for Mendenhall if they traded down. They would also pick up another Draft Pick which would come in handy.
                              If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                              Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Working...
                              X