Leinart in trouble?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leinart in trouble?

Considering the suspension Chris henry got last year I find this rather interesting:

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...-investigated/
    Forgive me I'm Swedish!

My shocker pick: Matt Ryan to Arizona if he is available. Leinart looks like nothing but a malcontent bust.

Comment

Does Leinart even fit the offensive scheme they run in Arizona?
      Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

There are not many people in this world who I'd rather be than Matt Leinart.
        www.5qsports.com, get some.
        "Relax, all right? Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic."
        -Crash Davis, Bull Durham

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Fender View Post
          Does Leinart even fit the offensive scheme they run in Arizona?
          i don't think so, even though his entire thing coming out of USC was that he was "Pro-ready" and played in a "Pro-style" offense. What ever happened to that?

Comment

Leinart was a great fit for Dennis Green's WCO. Whisenhunt & Co. are probably going to try to convert to more of a smashmouth offense. Thus why I think that Jonathan Stewart doesn't make it past them, toe injury or not.
            "Relax, all right? Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic."

Comment

However, they could get a guy like Ray Rice or Matt Forte later and get a top-tier DE or CB in the first round.

Comment

Neither Matt Forte nor Ray Rice have 235 lbs packed into a 5-11 frame. Stewart is the closest thing that Whisenhunt will find to Bettis for a while. I'm not a Stewart fan, don't get me wrong. He even went to high school about 20 miles from where I grew up. He's a good fit though. I know there are other RBs out there, and I wouldn't be surprised to see them take a look at a guy like Steve Slaton (who falls into the list of "my boys") in the 4th, but I think Stewart is a lock at 16 if available.

On another note. Last year my boys were...
                Garrett Wolfe
                Steve Smith
                Robert Meachem
                Justin Blalock
                Trent Edwards
                and
                Manny Ramirez

This year they are
                Steve Slaton
                Jacob Tamme
                Josh Johnson
                Brandon Albert
                Carl Nicks
                Sam Baker
                Mario Manningham
                and
                Heath Benedict (RIP)

I like to look for guys who I think will be picked at a good value, by good teams, and contribute down the road.

Comment

Matt Leinart can still be a great QB. For whatever reason, Whisenhut just hasn't liked him from Day 1. I'm sure there are plenty of teams that would be happy to have him, and if Arizona doesn't want him, they should just cut him loose, because it isn't fair to him.

Comment

Whisenhunt never gets along with his QBs for whatever reason. I don't think his party was a big deal (wish I was there) and won't effect him being on the team at all. If Arizona drafts Matt Ryan I'll cut my foot off and send it to you in the mail because that won't happen.

Comment

The thing that people have to realize is that Ben Roethlisberger is a big play QB, while Leinart is a WCO QB.

Roethlisberger threw the ball about 100 times less than most starters this year, despite putting up very good numbers.

In previous years, under Whisenhunt, with any combination of Bettis, Parker and Staley the disparity was even greater.

Leinart is a decent QB, but a horrible fit under Whisenhunt.

Comment

the girls were not underage,
                        he was not doing any illegal drug,
                        he was not shooting people in night clubs,
                        he didnt get arrested...

what exactly are they up set with?

Comment

whisenhunt probably doesn't like leinart because he's a pretty boy. watch for a second/third round colt brennan pick, if he's still on the board. brennan could light up the desert with his precision and accuracy. the team could really use his moxie, as well.

Comment

I've been saying they will draft a 2nd tier QB in the 2nd-3rd round for a long time.
                            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

At least he was at his house. I could see if he was missing team meetings or conditioning, but as far as we know he hasn't. I'm sure there are plenty of other Cardinals drinking with pretty girls.

Comment

Working...
                              X