Gholston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gholston

Am I crazy in thinking Miami might take Gholston? I could see Parcel's invisioning a new aged LT with him. I dont know why but when putting my mock together, I kept thinking Parcels takes Gholston. lol

Its possible. He does fit their scheme. I think Chris Long is a more complete player, and Gholston does "take some plays off".

Comment

Gholston #1 overall, no way. Huge reach with so much other better talent to choose from.

Comment

How is it a huge reach?

Comment

There is a chance. He is the best athlete on the board and has great skill. However he isnt the best player (Chris Long is) and I dont think it will happen.
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Couldn't have said it better myself Joey. Long is just more complete.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
              How is it a huge reach?
              There are so many other better athletes to choose from. Depending on who you believe there are anywhere from 4 to 7 better players.

This is the #1 overall, and a really big deal. You gotta go with someone who is the most talented, has done more and proven more that Gholston.

Comment

I don't think it's a reach whatsoever. Gholston is a realistic No. 1 pick, though I'd put him behind the two Longs... for now.
                2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

If I am Jeff Ireland then Gholston would be#2 on my big board.
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

I don't see it happening, but it definitely wouldn't be a huge reach. Gholston is an absolute monster.

What I was most impressed with is that he is the only player to get a sack against Jake Long. Also he tied Jake Long for most bench reps with 37 at the combine.

I wouldn't be totally shocked, but I agree Chris Long is a more complete player and a more safe pick at 1 overall.

Comment

Yeah but Gholston got owned by Ciron Black in the national championship game. He didn't do crap...I feel like the only person that watched this game.

And no offense to you bbix1134, but I absolutely hate the two words "safe pick."

I have a serious disdain for this word and I think anyone that thinks it is a means to determine who to draft simply has no idea what they are talking about and if I am saying 99% of the draft world doesn't know what they are talking about then thats what I think and I have no problem saying it.

If you draft one player over the other because he is "safer" that means you are scared. If you are scared that means you don't have confidnece in yourself as an evaluator to determine talent between players.

NFL front offices do not lack confidence especially in the new era of the NFL draft where scouting is better than it ever has been in the sport.
                      Last edited by Matt McGuire; 04-04-2008, 04:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        Yeah but Gholston got owned by Ciron Black in the national championship game. He didn't do crap...I feel like the only person that watched this game.

And no offense to you bbix1134, but I absolutely hate the two words "safe pick."

I have a serious disdain for this word and I think anyone that thinks it is a means to determine who to draft simply has no idea what they are talking about and if I am saying 99% of the draft world doesn't know what they are talking about then thats what I think and I have no problem saying it.

If you draft one player over the other because he is "safer" that means you are scared. If you are scared that means you don't have confidnece in yourself as an evaluator to determine talent between players.

NFL front offices do not lack confidence especially in the new era of the NFL draft where scouting is better than it ever has been in the sport.
                        I agree with this "safe pick" opinion of yours, but I guess I'm alone in thinking that Gholston is the 5th or 6th best athlete of the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post

I agree, their is no such thing as a safe pick
                          Walter got PWN3D
                          Rams GM

Picks
                          2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
                          33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
                          65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
                          101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
                          137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
                          168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
                          180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal

Comment

Walter said it last year in his draft blog too.

I just think people talk about it for the sake of hypotheticial discussion but it is a theory I strictly oppose.

Are some players more risky than others? Yes, but there is a difference between being cautious/objective and then making a statement that you draft a player because he is "safer."

I think those are two different things and you don't assess value by "safe picks."

Comment

I think the definition of a safe pick is baring more and more weight on their legal troubles and in that case doesn't influence the confidence of an evaluation at all. I do see your point though.

Comment

Working...
                              X