The most blind homer **** I've ever read in my life

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
    Doesn't take much to upgrade on him though does it?
    No, it doesn't. I guess my point is that they've made the correct decisions so far given the situations they've been presented with, and that they're not a whole lot worse off compared to last year. There wasn't really any decent free agent receivers for an acceptable amount of money this offseason.

Unfortunately for Chicago, they have much more pressing needs, like their Offensive Line, and running game. If they get those two fixed, the passing game will open up. Maybe they'll find a receiver in the 3rd or later rounds.

Comment

What do you guys mean, I snatched Malcolm Kelly in the second round, got Mendenhall in the first, a new franchise leader to be in the 3rd, 2 rounds of OL to go, and the rest of the draft to take the BPA!

Oh the real Bears? Ya they suck.

Comment

I think the WR core is bad but not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. We dont run a lot of 3 or 4 WR sets. We have one of the better twin TE set in the league and that will most likely be our base set. Rashead Davis is a decent slot guy. Booker is better than Moose and that is an upgrade not a huge one but still an upgrade. Berrian is not worth the monster contact he got. Mark Bradley and Hester are both good deep threats and we'll see how they pan out as starters. We obiously have no #1 but Booker is a capable #2, and Bradley/Hester are good #3's and deep threats.
        Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

The Bears OL is garbage and it won't be fixed overnight. Okay Kreutz is good, but he's just a center.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            The Bears OL is garbage and it won't be fixed overnight. Okay Kreutz is good, but he's just a center.
            I completely agree the Oline was the worst I've ever seen for the bears and probably the worst in the league last year. It can be fixed (to an extent) imo with one upgrade. At #14 we can get a good LT. We can go Chris Williams or hopefully trade up to get Clady. That would give us Clady/Williams, St. Clair, Kreutz, Garza, Tait. imo that would be better than what we had last year.
            Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

LT is a hard to position to come in and learn right away. Only the elite do it (Pace, Jones, Thomas, etc.) at left tackle.

Comment

LT is a hard to position to come in and learn right away. Only the elite do it (Pace, Jones, Thomas, etc.) at left tackle.
                That is my main concern also, The NFC north puts a lot of emphsis on getting to the qb with the DL. Most RE's are smaller quicker which he would be able to handle quicker than later imo. I'd prefer him to struggle at LT than to have im play slightly better and an unnatural position when Tait could still be real good at RT. Both ways have pros/cons.
                Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Well you have to be looking long term with the Bears draft because they know they won't be a playoff contender this year.

Then again they did spend draft picks on players like Dan Bazuin, Michael Okwo, and Garrett Wolfe.

And when you draft like that, then you don't deserve to make the playoffs.
                  Last edited by Matt McGuire; 04-07-2008, 12:22 AM.

Comment

I like the Wolfe pick. (now not then)
                    Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                      I like the Wolfe pick. (now not then)
                      You probably like the Cedric Benson pick also.

Comment

You probably like the Cedric Benson pick also.
                        Not so much lol, I did have faith in him though. Wolfe has looked good in his limited PT.
                        Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

I still (stupidly) have faith that Benson can be a better back if we actually give him a decent OL. LT wouldnt be productive behind our OL last year.
                          Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

I don't think Benson runs with much heart. I've never seen it, which is why I think he is a bust.

Then again, who was Ryan Grant before last season?

Comment

Working...
                            X