No announcement yet.

2016 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's actually a pretty apropos. Agree with Cast, though, the agent will want more considering Cousins got 20 mill for a year, and Bradford's crazy contract.

Comment

• Sigh. So much for getting a better safety. 14 million dollars for Andrew Sendejo? This about sums up my feelings:

Oh, and I just read it's actually 16 million dollars. Ugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
        I think we're officially at the point where any QB who shows the slightest starting ability is getting $15M/year.

Tyrod has to be seeing this and not feeling pleased.

Comment

• You still have an elite Secondary (Smith, Waynes, Munnerlyn, Rhodes) Zimmer will probaly coach up Waynes into a decent no.2 CB.
          Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leelee View Post
            I think we're officially at the point where any QB who shows the slightest starting ability is getting $15M/year.

Tyrod has to be seeing this and not feeling pleased.
            He'll get franchised next off-season if he plays at least 80% as good as this past season and or the bills get a winning record/playoffs.

He signed the 2 year deal and he has to live with it, He'll get paid.
            Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

• Seems a tiny bit high for Osweiler, was hoping for 13M a year but if he accepts the deal (he should) I'll be interested to see the details on it.
              sigpic

Comment

• How far does this go before brady is the lowest paid starter in the nfl? I know he only made like 8 million one year
                JUST WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK I AM!?

Comment

• Originally posted by DenverTyrant View Post
                  How far does this go before brady is the lowest paid starter in the nfl? I know he only made like 8 million one year
                  http://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

The only starting QBs making less than Brady are either still on rookie contracts or Brian Hoyer, Ryan Fitzpatrick, and Tyrod Taylor.
                  Originally posted by Daniel
                  Me and my gun buddies aren't paranoid, but let me tell you about how Hillary's gun squads will come into your home to take away your God-given freedoms and guns, while forcing you to gay marry illegal immigrants and turn your home to Muslim abortion clinics.

That's how you sound.
                  lmao

Comment

• Dolphins released Greg Jennings and restructured Suhs contract. Once someone takes Vernon miami will have over 30 mil in cap space.
                    Legendarily swinging and missing on draft predictions since '10.

Comment

• Originally posted by vikingsteve26 View Post
                      Sigh. So much for getting a better safety. 14 million dollars for Andrew Sendejo? This about sums up my feelings:

Oh, and I just read it's actually 16 million dollars. Ugh.
                      You have got to be sh*tting me.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Lovie Smith apparently becoming the new Illinois head coach. For all his failings as an NFL HC, I think he's a great fit.
                        Originally posted by jepg
                        I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                        Originally posted by jepg
                        Blue is right

Comment

• So everyone is freaking out because a kid named Wendall Williams maybe broke the 40 yard dash record with a time of 4.19 seconds at a regional NFL combine, though it there is some dispute, as others say it was a 4.32, which is still pretty good. Dude is 5'10, 170lbs, and had a modicum of success because he was so fast. NAIA long jump champion, also came in 4th nationally for the 100 and 200 meter dash, and recorded a 45.0 vertical, which ties the combine record. Kid is a natural freakishly fast athlete, but doesn't have a lot of size on him.

Probably won't make it to the bigs, but has a nice potential cinderella story about him, considering he dropped out of college to work before his mom told him to chase his dreams.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                            So everyone is freaking out because a kid named Wendall Williams maybe broke the 40 yard dash record with a time of 4.19 seconds at a regional NFL combine, though it there is some dispute, as others say it was a 4.32, which is still pretty good. Dude is 5'10, 170lbs, and had a modicum of success because he was so fast. NAIA long jump champion, also came in 4th nationally for the 100 and 200 meter dash, and recorded a 45.0 vertical, which ties the combine record. Kid is a natural freakishly fast athlete, but doesn't have a lot of size on him.

Probably won't make it to the bigs, but has a nice potential cinderella story about him, considering he dropped out of college to work before his mom told him to chase his dreams.
                            If he was a DB I would say he would definitely make a team. But he had average numbers at WR. If he can go to a Pro Day and show he can move like a DB, he would definitely make a team. As of right now, its a longshot.

E; he had good numbers as a special teamer, he could make a team on athletic ability, but I still think he would more likely make a team as a Defensive Back.
                            Last edited by pssst; 03-06-2016, 12:06 AM.

Comment

• Overall, they weren't fantastic, but he didn't have a lot of playing time. He was averaging surprisingly good numbers, mostly because he had quite a few big breakaway plays.

Stealing from CBS "In case you're wondering about Williams the football player, he appeared in 10 games last season and hauled in 15 passes for 457 yards and eight touchdowns. He also rushed seven times for 205 yards and three touchdowns, and returned six punts for 141 yards and a touchdown."

So in a VERY limited sample, he averaged ~30 yards a reception, ~30 yards a carry, and 20+ yards a punt return. Basically every few plays he'd just out athlete everybody in his NAIA league for a big breakaway play, but again it's an incredibly small sample size.

Comment

• It takes more than just pure speed to succeed in the nfl. Can the guy play football?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X