2016 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blue View Post
    Eagles and Rams could have a shot at one of the top two quarterbacks in the draft. Definitely should have the opportunity to draft the third.
    **** I shouldve reworded that. I meant might. I expect the Rams to trade up for the 2nd or 3rd QB, but in the event they don't want to trade up, go after Cousins.

BUT I also would like to see a Vernon Adams or Dak Prescott play for the Rams, I think that'd make them exciting to watch, regardless of how good they end up being.

Comment

Apparently I guessed wrong on who the Vikings like between their two starting tackles. They want Loadholt back, but are torn on Kalil because his cap hit is so high and his play on the field is so middling.

https://twitter.com/DWolfsonKSTP/sta...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Hear the #Vikings want Loadholt in 2016. Look for the 2 sides to talk $$ after the Combine. Current cap hit is $7.75M. Vikes want to lower. (con.) There was a meeting last night on the Loadholt front. ... Also hear that the #Vikings are torn on Kalil. $11.1M cap figure.

Comment

Originally posted by vikingsteve26 View Post
        Apparently I guessed wrong on who the Vikings like between their two starting tackles. They want Loadholt back, but are torn on Kalil because his cap hit is so high and his play on the field is so middling.

What's up with Kalil? Any particular reason for the suckage?
        sigpic

Comment

He's always hurt somehow. He plays through it, but his play suffers for it. Injury prone, basically. I also believe Kalil is actually a pretty soft player. He is not a tough guy. I believe this was one of his criticisms out of college too, but I think most people just figured scouts were exaggerating, because it didn't seem to affect his draft stock.

Comment

Mario Williams released

Comment

Jay Glazer
              & #8207;@UncleChaps
              #Broncos will officially release Peyton Manning later today. He's not retiring, per my sources.

Comment

Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
                Jay Glazer
                & #8207;@UncleChaps
                #Broncos will officially release Peyton Manning later today. He's not retiring, per my sources.
                Peyton has officially become "that guy."

Comment

If this was Brett Favre, the media would be crucifying him for holding Denver hostage and so would most of you.
                  Originally posted by jepg
                  I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

I should be put on an island and nuked.
                  Originally posted by jepg
                  Blue is right

Comment

Guapo got burned by a fake Twitter.

Comment

Originally posted by EL Guapo View Post
                      Jay Glazer
                      & #8207;@UncleChaps
                      You've got to be kidding.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue View Post
                        If this was Brett Favre, the media would be crucifying him for holding Denver hostage and so would most of you.
                        I agree
                        Legendarily swinging and missing on draft predictions since '10.

Comment

I love Miami giving OV the Transition Tag. They offered him 12 Mil a year and he wanted 15. I like OV I think he is a good player Honestly I dont think he is worth 12 Mil a year I thought he was around 10 MIl. His biggest asset is he is young and getting better every year. Thats the only reason I want to keep him for the right price. He has only reached double digit sacks once (11.5 in 2013). Maybe with a better secondary he gets more. I know he finished 2nd in QB hits or hurries to JJ Watt but still had 7.5 sacks.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeLegend View Post
                            I love Miami giving OV the Transition Tag. They offered him 12 Mil a year and he wanted 15. I like OV I think he is a good player Honestly I dont think he is worth 12 Mil a year I thought he was around 10 MIl. His biggest asset is he is young and getting better every year. Thats the only reason I want to keep him for the right price. He has only reached double digit sacks once (11.5 in 2013). Maybe with a better secondary he gets more. I know he finished 2nd in QB hits or hurries to JJ Watt but still had 7.5 sacks.
                            You can have Zero sacks and still be a top 10 pass rusher. Sacks just are the old fashioned way of saying "Dang he hit the QB he must be good as a pass rusher" Hits?Hurries/Pressures/Good run defense are just as valuable if not more.

He's worth 12 mil a year since Miami really doesn't have any options at DE.
                            Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

Panthers tag Norman

Comment

Originally posted by Xmadraven View Post
                                You can have Zero sacks and still be a top 10 pass rusher. Sacks just are the old fashioned way of saying "Dang he hit the QB he must be good as a pass rusher" Hits?Hurries/Pressures/Good run defense are just as valuable if not more.

He's worth 12 mil a year since Miami really doesn't have any options at DE.
                                There are options. And i know you can be a good pass rusher without sacks. But good without sacks arent worth 12 mil. If he gets it cool but i wouldn't be upset if he left

Comment

Working...
                                X