Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2016 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Originally posted by Blue View Post
    If this was Brett Favre, the media would be crucifying him for holding Denver hostage and so would most of you.
    Probably. If it was the tenth year in a row that he made the team to wait until June for him to decide whether or not he wanted to play football again.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

    Lol

    Comment


    • #47
      Sam Bradford's contracts have to have amounted nearly $100 million up to this point. 60 his rookie year, 36 right now... incredible, given his lack of performance in his career.

      Originally posted by Blue View Post
      As Alex Marvez puts it:



      To add to that, Bradford averages almost 1 interception per game played, and has missed 33 of a possible 80 games played over the past 5 years. He has thrown for 3500 yards three times in six years, and never passed for 4000 yards in a season. He had a career-high 7 YPA last season and set his single-season high for touchdowns in 2012 with 21.

      There is no way in hell Bradford was getting over $15 million a year outside of Philadelphia and that's probably generous.
      Holy ****, it's even more than I realized. Insane.

      Comment


      • #48
        Terrance Knighton Verified account @MisterRoast98 1:35 PM - 1 Mar 2016

        Sam Bradford winning man lol.
        ~

        Comment


        • #49
          I don't understand how he got that big of a paycheck.

          Comment


          • #50
            Bradford wasn't even that bad last year. He's done pretty well with what he has had as a supporting cast and played very well as the season went on

            It's unleash the dragon time yall

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
              Bradford wasn't even that bad last year. He's done pretty well with what he has had as a supporting cast and played very well as the season went on
              He wasn't bad if you listen to PFF instead of actually watching football.

              It's always that pesky supporting cast that holds Bradford back, isn't it? Almost like he can't function as an NFL starter unless everything is perfect around him.
              Originally posted by jepg
              I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

              I should be put on an island and nuked.
              Originally posted by jepg
              Blue is right

              Comment


              • #52
                Originally posted by Blue View Post
                He wasn't bad if you listen to PFF instead of actually watching football.

                It's always that pesky supporting cast that holds Bradford back, isn't it? Almost like he can't function as an NFL starter unless everything is perfect around him.
                Name the best receiver he has played with in his career

                And his OL has always been mediocre at best.

                I've watched all the Philly games like the Chip fanboy that I am, and Bradford for the most part threw accurate passes and made good decision that the receivers just dropped

                It's unleash the dragon time yall

                Comment


                • #53
                  Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                  Name the best receiver he has played with in his career

                  And his OL has always been mediocre at best.

                  I've watched all the Philly games like the Chip fanboy that I am, and Bradford for the most part threw accurate passes and made good decision that the receivers just dropped
                  Zach Ertz, who just got paid $40 million dollars (unless you want to split hairs all of a sudden over a tight end not counting as a receiving weapon). He had a potential Hall of Fame running back in St. Louis with Steven Jackson. Jordan Matthews, who for all the talk about his bad hands, came 3 yards short of a 1000 yd season despite averaging a new quarterback throwing him passes every 10 games. There comes a point when Bradford's "poor supporting cast" is the result of opposing defenses showing Bradford zero respect on downfield passes and his total inability to make them pay.

                  Alex Smith just put up the second-best passer rating of his career, and a significantly higher YPA than Bradford, while getting killed behind his OL this season. Alex freaking Smith. That was also with Charcandrick West and Spencer Ware at running back for a majority of the season.

                  Blaine Gabbert had a nearly identical passer rating to Sam Bradford-Blaine Gabbert! Sam Bradford completed 65% of his passes because 4 out of every 5 of his completions were within 10 yards of the line of scrimmage, tied for the worst mark in the league.

                  Bradford doesn't make anyone better. He can't be successful unless everything around him is perfect, apparently. He doesn't care of the ball (1.2 turnovers per game for his career if we count both fumbles and interceptions, according to Pro Football Reference). He doesn't challenge defenses downfield (25th in YPA last season, despite posting a career-high in that category). Even the completion percentage was inflated, as I pointed out above and as we should all know by know from watching other QBs in Chip Kelly's system. People who still think Bradford is anything more than a journeyman on par with Trent Dilfer are like unicorns or Trump supporters to me at this point.
                  Originally posted by jepg
                  I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

                  I should be put on an island and nuked.
                  Originally posted by jepg
                  Blue is right

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Ertz is above average, and literally everybody else he's throwing to other than maybe Matthews (with his 100 drops) is trash. We're talking about the likes of Mardy Gilyard, Laurent Robinson, Austin Miles, Greg Salas, Mike Sims-Walker, Mark Clayton, Danario Alexander here.

                    He also got 3 years of Jackson, who wasn't even good at that point.

                    His OL has been trash all his career

                    Passing stats are not an end all be all accurate judges of QB play, A good chunk of it takes into account the supporting cast (E.g. look at Cousins' stats).

                    For accusing me of not having watched the games, you sure are pulling up stats out your ass like you haven't

                    It's unleash the dragon time yall

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                      Ertz is above average, and literally everybody else he's throwing to other than maybe Matthews (with his 100 drops) is trash. We're talking about the likes of Mardy Gilyard, Laurent Robinson, Austin Miles, Greg Salas, Mike Sims-Walker, Mark Clayton, Danario Alexander here.

                      He also got 3 years of Jackson, who wasn't even good at that point.

                      His OL has been trash all his career

                      Passing stats are not an end all be all accurate judges of QB play, A good chunk of it takes into account the supporting cast (E.g. look at Cousins' stats).
                      It's amazing how suddenly all these players Bradford with aren't good as soon as they started playing with Bradford.

                      For example, it is just such a remarkable happenstance that Jason Peters, Lane Johnson, and Jason Kelce all went from among the top players at their positions from 2013-2014 to magically become trash as soon as Sam Bradford was behind center.

                      No one is saying that passing stats are the only thing that matters. I put out the other players' stats as a comparison, because none of them had good supporting casts either. Alex Smith was throwing to Dwayne Bowe as his No. 1 receiver in 2014 behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league-65% completion rate, 7 YPA, 3-1 TD/Int ratio, and more wins than Bradford has ever had in a single season with eight.

                      And then you pull out this trash-

                      For accusing me of not having watched the games, you sure are pulling up stats out your ass like you haven't
                      -like a bratty little child who refuses to acknowledge he's wrong. I didn't make up any of these numbers. I'm not even arguing with you. I'm literally just pointing out facts and watching you get angry over it. If you don't like that, then get better at evaluating players instead of complaining when someone posts actual data to back up their opinion.
                      Originally posted by jepg
                      I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

                      I should be put on an island and nuked.
                      Originally posted by jepg
                      Blue is right

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Blue View Post
                        It's amazing how suddenly all these players Bradford with aren't good as soon as they started playing with Bradford.

                        For example, it is just such a remarkable happenstance that Jason Peters, Lane Johnson, and Jason Kelce all went from among the top players at their positions from 2013-2014 to magically become trash as soon as Sam Bradford was behind center.

                        No one is saying that passing stats are the only thing that matters. I put out the other players' stats as a comparison, because none of them had good supporting casts either. Alex Smith was throwing to Dwayne Bowe as his No. 1 receiver in 2014 behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league-65% completion rate, 7 YPA, 3-1 TD/Int ratio, and more wins than Bradford has ever had in a single season with eight.

                        And then you pull out this trash-

                        -like a bratty little child who refuses to acknowledge he's wrong. I didn't make up any of these numbers. I'm not even arguing with you. I'm literally just pointing out facts and watching you get angry over it. If you don't like that, then get better at evaluating players instead of complaining when someone posts actual data to back up their opinion.
                        lol

                        Peters is 34 and was injured for majority of the season. Lane Johnson played pretty well. Kelce regressed hard for some reason (like idk maybe having two new guards next to him this season)

                        Putting Alex Smith's stats out there is garbage because of how Andy Reid constructed that offense. 0 shots downfield with a ton of screens and short passes for high completion percentage and low risk i.e. low interception counts.

                        Stats are meaningless without context, and if you actually have watched Bradford, then you'd realize that he's not the trash that you think he is

                        It's unleash the dragon time yall

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          You call bradford on par with Journeyman like Trent Dilfer, Dilfer is the king of Journeyman he won a SB, Bradford hasn't won more than (7?) Games in a season how dare you insinuate he can be as good as Trent "The Human Dildo" Dilfer.

                          But seriously he's just a league average QB (22th at worst 16th at best) Who's gotten some pretty sh**y luck. (I mean seriously I can't even name more than 3 decent rams players) Steven Jackson who was at the end of his career, Garbage O-line and Uh...Danny Amendola? Were his best weapons (yes I know you play well with a bad o-line but that's the EXCEPTION not the rule) most QBs will struggle without o-lines or decent WRs (Mark Clayton, Danny Amendola, Laurent Robinson etc.) Plus the two torn ACLs pretty much killed the dude rams career. Was he flat out garbage? Nope. Did he prove he was worth 36 million? Nope.

                          Now when we get to his Philly days, He had a decent 1-2 Punch in Ertz+Matthews, Sproles+Matthews+Murray was an OK backfield. The guards were flat out sh** and Kelce took a step back but Johnson+Peters were still decent (Though peters missing 3 games hurt) It wasn't a perfect supporting cast but it was decent enough to get a 10-6 record to win the NFC east, But then Chip blew up and we'll never know how good bradford could've been this year.

                          Now we turn to 2016, Full off-season of health+Time with his receivers and an offense suited to his skillset+ a young defense that should get some upgrades in FA/The draft. It's now or never for Bradford, My view on him is basically he's never been given a decent enough shot (I Mean no offense but No QB short of maybe Andrew Luck with an Invincible set of knees could've won in st.louis 2010-2013)

                          We'll see.
                          Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

                          Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

                          Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

                          Long May MD4L homer Florida players

                          May Rags always be drunk.

                          Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            I don't think Bradford is very good, and I'm not going to argue that.

                            What really boggles me is that somebody paid him 18 million a year when he hadn't played a full season since 2012. He's always hurt, and he's not especially good when healthy, either. Yet he's breaking bank somehow.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                              lol

                              Peters is 34 and was injured for majority of the season. Lane Johnson played pretty well. Kelce regressed hard for some reason (like idk maybe having two new guards next to him this season)

                              Putting Alex Smith's stats out there is garbage because of how Andy Reid constructed that offense. 0 shots downfield with a ton of screens and short passes for high completion percentage and low risk i.e. low interception counts.

                              Stats are meaningless without context, and if you actually have watched Bradford, then you'd realize that he's not the trash that you think he is
                              Peters played perfectly well when he was on the field and only missed a couple games. Again, how amazing that Kelce's "down" year coincided with Bradford being under center.

                              Dismissing Alex Smith's numbers because of the offensive scheme while ignoring that Chip Kelly had like four quarterbacks put up career-best numbers in his system in Philadelphia, lol.

                              Bradford played like **** and literally everyone with a worthwhile opinion agrees on that. I even put Bradford's stats in context for you, and you choose to ignore it because you're not man enough to admit when you're wrong. The man's been in the league 6 years and hasn't done anything worth a damn the few seasons he's actually been able to stay healthy long enough to be worth paying attention to him.

                              Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                              What really boggles me is that somebody paid him 18 million a year when he hadn't played a full season since 2012. He's always hurt, and he's not especially good when healthy, either. Yet he's breaking bank somehow.
                              Yup! Because apparently Philadelphia can't evaluate QBs any better than Rofl can.
                              Originally posted by jepg
                              I apologise to the entire Walter Football community for my bigoted views.

                              I should be put on an island and nuked.
                              Originally posted by jepg
                              Blue is right

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Originally posted by JoeLegend View Post
                                I love Miami giving OV the Transition Tag. They offered him 12 Mil a year and he wanted 15. I like OV I think he is a good player Honestly I dont think he is worth 12 Mil a year I thought he was around 10 MIl. His biggest asset is he is young and getting better every year. Thats the only reason I want to keep him for the right price. He has only reached double digit sacks once (11.5 in 2013). Maybe with a better secondary he gets more. I know he finished 2nd in QB hits or hurries to JJ Watt but still had 7.5 sacks.
                                You've got teams like the Jags with millions to spend just to meet the cap floor. Couple that with the growing cap and he is going to be sorely overpaid by someone because he is arguably the best FA edge hitting the market, or at least the best mix of age/talent.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X