No announcement yet.

2016 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Also, in America we generally put the $ in front of the numbers. Kids these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by JLash View Post
      Can't hate on what the Raiders are doing this offseason.
      It's shockingly good.

Comment

• Apparently the Jets were in the bidding with the Giants and Jaguars for Olivier Vernon. I didn't think the Jets could afford him even at $14M, but I was wrong.

WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
        Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

• Originally posted by Ragnarok View Post
          I think that Green going to Pittsburgh is the best signing of the offseason. Very talented, athletic player who didn't have a massive price due to being behind a future first ballot, maybe second ballot, HOF. Plus they got him for a solid value and he replaces their recently retired Hall of Damn Good level TE. When you look at the spot he will fill based on Miller retiring and the skill sets of their current WRs(outside of AB, they have scary athletic deep threats), coupled with the cost and his abilities, I think it's the best move so far this offseason and one I wish the Packers had made.

Feel free to disagree. But good luck.
          I think part of the reason he was overlooked was that even in the games he started this year he wasn't a big factor, even on a team in dire need of passing weapons.

Comment

• Anybody mentioned Osweiler to Texans yet?

e; Prescott to Broncos will happen

Comment

I think part of the reason he was overlooked was that even in the games he started this year he wasn't a big factor, even on a team in dire need of passing weapons.
              I would say that a horrendous OL and ineffective run game had as much to do with that as anything. He was the only real athlete on the field.

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                Think they'll get a Palmer successor in the draft?
                No. They just gave an extension to Stanton and a draft pick up for Barkley. I think theyre gonna go all in for these next 2 years, cross that bridge when they get there.

Comment

I would say that a horrendous OL and ineffective run game had as much to do with that as anything. He was the only real athlete on the field.
                  He works the short and intermediate part of the field, he's not relying on play action and great line play to get deep or anything. I think he's overestimated as a football player.

Comment

• Originally posted by SickPuppets View Post
                    Four year deal, 40M$ with 20M$ guaranteed
                    I think hes a better signing than Janoris and they ended up paying him about $2m/year less. cool.

Comment

• Love the Smith signing for Oakland.

Not sure if they'll have another big contract signing, although they could still afford one. I hope they can get Penn back at LT.

Once that's done, I'm guessing they do what they've done the last few years: wait to see which veterans aren't getting as much as they thought they would and offer them a decent looking number in a contract they can get out of in a year if it doesn't pan out. RB could be Foster or Morris, WR could be Harvin or Wallace, DE could be Long or Jones, S could be Weddle or Nelson. I'd be happy with paying either safety right away. They may get CJ Anderson at RB instead. Reggie's been great at structuring deals for these sorts of players to take advantage of their cap room without getting them stuck with guys just because of their names if they don't pan out.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Raiders the favorite to win the AFCW next year yet?

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                          Raiders the favorite to win the AFCW next year yet?
                          Don't know. KC is still pretty good. Also need to see if Denver can get a QB who won't lose them games, since their defense is awesome. I'd say they're getting there, though.
                          sigpic

Comment

He works the short and intermediate part of the field, he's not relying on play action and great line play to get deep or anything. I think he's overestimated as a football player.
                            It's so nice to discuss football with you again. I think that the lack of any real run threat plus their best WR threat being out half the year hurt his effectiveness as much as it would anyone. That's not even taking into account him being behind a first, maybe second, ballot HOFer.

But you make valid points that will only be disproven this year. I think the WR threats plus Bell will open up a ton of room for Green. I don't think it's a stretch to say he will have top 5 TE numbers.

Side note, I want to come back to Philly to visit yall. Been too long.

Comment

It's so nice to discuss football with you again. I think that the lack of any real run threat plus their best WR threat being out half the year hurt his effectiveness as much as it would anyone. That's not even taking into account him being behind a first, maybe second, ballot HOFer.

But you make valid points that will only be disproven this year. I think the WR threats plus Bell will open up a ton of room for Green. I don't think it's a stretch to say he will have top 5 TE numbers.

Side note, I want to come back to Philly to visit yall. Been too long.
                              Yea, there's no doubt he won't have much attention paid to him, we'll see if there's enough touches to go around for everyone.

I live in Upstate NY now, pretty close to Siena but I'd gladly make the short drive if you were coming back for sure!

Comment

Yea, there's no doubt he won't have much attention paid to him, we'll see if there's enough touches to go around for everyone.

I live in Upstate NY now, pretty close to Siena but I'd gladly make the short drive if you were coming back for sure!
                                We will see. I go back to school in August so it depends on where I go. But I plan on visiting again in the next year. Been waaaaay too long.

Comment

Working...
                                X