Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bears Draft

John Christ on NFL.com talking about the Bears Draft

Glad he isn't my backup GM in the Forum Mock. Talks about passing up on Brandon Albert and Drafting Colt Brennan in the 4th round.
    Last edited by NoNonsenseCoach; 04-06-2008, 08:27 PM.

i think you have the wrong link

Comment

The videos are on the bottom, just scroll over to PTD: Bears on the Clock. It's the 36th video.

Comment

in rd 4 or 5 i would rather have kevin oconnell or josh johnson NOT Colt Brennan

Comment

ummmm. Is that guy missing the part of his brain that holds draft knowledge?
          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

The Bears could do with an upgrade at every position on offense except TE, and on defense they need another starting DT and S.

They are a top 5 lock for the 09 draft.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
              The Bears could do with an upgrade at every position on offense except TE, and on defense they need another starting DT and S.

They are a top 5 lock for the 09 draft.
              Can you explain why they are a top 5 lock??? They could be the best team if the North with a few breaks.
              Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                Can you explain why they are a top 5 lock??? They could be the best team if the North with a few breaks.
                They are the worst team in that division, easily.

The Lions will get better with Leigh Bodden and Brian Kelly, plus more experience. Calvin Johnson will come into his own. The #15 pick will be a big boost. Martz's system is garbage. I think they will win 6-8 games.

Vikings offense will destroy everyone if a rookie can step in at QB or they trade for a veteran.

Green Bay is one of the most set teams in the NFL.

How much longer can Chicago's defense hold up? With no offense it is going to be a brutal season for Chicago.

I wouldn't say Chicago is a top 5 lock, but definately top 7 lock ... easy.
                2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                  This is true and applies to virtually every team, but based on practical standpoint the Bears looked poised to come in last.

BUT, I really hate when people try and tell me that the top 12 teams next year will be the 12 teams that went to the playoffs next year. The Bears could make the playoffs if they get lucky in the draft and Matt Forte becomes this incredible running back and let's say their first round offensive linemen turns out to be a Marcus McNeill and let's say that Rex Grossman plays like he did near the end of the season. That's why I love the NFL, the people who make these predictions look like idiots when the season is done with.
                  Last edited by PuppyPuncher; 04-06-2008, 10:40 PM.

Comment

I think the Packers will experience a few growing pains with Rodgers at QB, but beyond that, yeah. I agree fully with Matt's analysis of it.
                    - Also known as Dan.
                    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

The lions are still the worst team in the North. With the change at O coordinator and no D they will still come in 4th imo. The Vikings are a tough team to judge. I dont think AD will have the same kind of year he had last year. Tavaris Jackson is garbage. Packers should win the division if Rodgers plays at least half way decent. imo the bears have the 2nd best team in the north when healthy. Everyone keeps forgetting how many injuries we had last year.
                      Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

No we're not. We're just remembering your ancient O-Line, non-existent running game (Hi, Cedric Benson), horrible WR corps (Marty Booker's your #1? Great!), and your QB's are Kyle Orton and Rex Grossman.
                        - Also known as Dan.
                        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Well if the game was offense only then you made a good point.
                          Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Yeah it's pretty obvious that if Chicago is winning games, it's because the defense only gave up 10 points that day. Not the flashiest way to win, but still very effective.

Comment

It's not like Chicago is immune to injuries. You lose Tommie Harris or Lance Briggs and your defense is screwed. I know "what if Peyton Manning got injured" but this is different.

I think their defense will start to go downhill as well. Urlacher isn't getting younger.

The best thing that could happen to Chicago is that they get a top 5 pick to get some young ELITE offensive talent on their football team. They aren't going to the playoffs.

Matt McGuire's Bears Prescription: Michael Oher, who will in my opinion be the 2nd best tackle prospect in the history of the draft behind Orlando Pace (if we exclude Tony Mandarich since we didn't have a prototype) if he plays up to his capabilities (like Chris Long and Glenn Dorsey did last year).

If I am a Bears fan I'd be praying for the #1 pick. It's like the Celtics trying to land Tim Duncan.
                              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Working...
                              X