X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire's Pre-Draft Analysis: Chicago Bears

http://walterfootball.com/mattpredraftchi.php
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Awesome Walter....but in the 4th paragraph 2nd line it is supposed to be "unlike" not "like" ... mybad on the typo
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 04-07-2008, 06:04 AM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Fixed
      2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Good write up. Hester sucks in the slot though. He shouldn't play there.
        Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Hester just started playing WR, he probably sucks at every spot, but he'll only get better.

I wouldn't be surprised to the Bears drafted a DT to play next to Harris or fill in for Harris if he gets hurt too. Not till later in the draft though of course.

Comment

A good read, except for the shot at Henne. A separated throwing shoulder cannot be labled as simply as an "excuse".

That being said, there are certainly other competent QB's to choose from, including Woodson.

Comment

Agree with Henne. He is the Derek Anderson of Collage Football. He would be good as a backup in the right system and a good possible starter with work. I compare him to a Brian Griese only he doesnt have the pocket presence or consistancy.
              If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
              Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by regoob2 View Post
                Good write up. Hester sucks in the slot though. He shouldn't play there.
                I agree with NNC. Hester obviously has great football instincts in avoiding players and top quality speed. If you give this guy some time to learn the underneath routes he could be phenomenal, like Wes Welker, but black.

Still though I just can't forget that one game last season (I forget who it was against), he was on a go route, had about 3 steps on the corner/safety, with a perfectly thrown ball. TD if he catches it and he lets in fall to the ground. He can be a huge play guy, but he needs to be able to be relied upon.

Comment

Okay so Devin Hester...what else is there at receiver? Mark Bradley? They got nothing.

Hester is a slot WR anyways.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    Okay so Devin Hester...what else is there at receiver? Mark Bradley? They got nothing.

Hester is a slot WR anyways.
                    No he's not a slot receiver. He was terrible in the slot. He has the frame of a slot receiver but is better on the edge.
                    Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
                      I agree with NNC. Hester obviously has great football instincts in avoiding players and top quality speed. If you give this guy some time to learn the underneath routes he could be phenomenal, like Wes Welker, but black.

Still though I just can't forget that one game last season (I forget who it was against), he was on a go route, had about 3 steps on the corner/safety, with a perfectly thrown ball. TD if he catches it and he lets in fall to the ground. He can be a huge play guy, but he needs to be able to be relied upon.
                      Ya that ball actually hit him in the back/shoulder pad. He looked like an idiot.
                      Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

lol I'm sorry but I don't see hester as an X or Y receiver. He has to play the slot and if he doesn't this offense will suffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                          lol I'm sorry but I don't see hester as an X or Y receiver. He has to play the slot and if he doesn't this offense will suffer.
                          They're gonna suffer anyway. I'm don't think he has the toughness to play the slot.
                          Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Working...
                          X