Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire's Pre-Draft Analysis: Detroit Lions

http://walterfootball.com/mattpredraftdet.php

Matt, I'm gonna post your Arizona tomorrow to space it out.
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

The Lions should just draft a TE in like the 4th or 5th round as tight ends can be deceptively good when taken late.

Comment

Offensive Lineman or Running Back in Round 1. Middle Linebacker in Round 2. Defensive player in Round 3, Tight End in 4 or 5. Depth after that.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

So much depends on who is available when they pick, but I disagree on a couple of points.

What is forgotten is that the Lions have Dan Campbell returning as TE, who did well in 2006 especially as a run blocker. They also signed free agent Michael Gaines, so they're heavily invested financially at this TE position already.

As Walter has pointed out, DE is a focal point because Alaima-Francis is unproven and Dewayne White is mediocre. If Derrick Harvey is available they jump on him in round 1. This does not mean that they have given up on Francis, but you also need depth as well as quality.

If not, the cupboard is REALLY bare at RB and Mendenhall makes sense. They will definitely go RB in the first 3 rounds no matter what.

If they go offensive line it will most certainly be at OT. If Williams falls they could likely go there. They played OG Woody at tackle late last year and did better than anybody else they had.

Look for the Lions to make moves that help them control the line of scrimmage on both ends. That means both OL and DL, and RB. Mayo as an MLB would help, too, but it's questionable he'll be there when they pick at their current spots.
        Getting Campbell back they feel solidifies TE in this area, whether you agree with them or not.

Comment

we'll see who is right on draft day
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            Matt, that's the best answer I've seen you post since I've known you.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              Ice, Matt. Ice.

Comment

Originally posted by animal52 View Post
                So much depends on who is available when they pick, but I disagree on a couple of points.

What is forgotten is that the Lions have Dan Campbell returning as TE, who did well in 2006 especially as a run blocker. They also signed free agent Michael Gaines, so they're heavily invested financially at this TE position already.

As Walter has pointed out, DE is a focal point because Alaima-Francis is unproven and Dewayne White is mediocre. If Derrick Harvey is available they jump on him in round 1. This does not mean that they have given up on Francis, but you also need depth as well as quality.

If not, the cupboard is REALLY bare at RB and Mendenhall makes sense. They will definitely go RB in the first 3 rounds no matter what.

If they go offensive line it will most certainly be at OT. If Williams falls they could likely go there. They played OG Woody at tackle late last year and did better than anybody else they had.

Look for the Lions to make moves that help them control the line of scrimmage on both ends. That means both OL and DL, and RB. Mayo as an MLB would help, too, but it's questionable he'll be there when they pick at their current spots.
                Getting Campbell back they feel solidifies TE in this area, whether you agree with them or not.

I agree with most of that... nice post.
                sigpic
                WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Working...
                X