Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Matt McGuire's Pre-Draft Analysis: Minnesota Vikings

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    Absolutely. I had Vince Young at a high 2nd round draft grade. I have Woodson at a mid 1st.

    Vince Young's mechanics (Woodson only has 1 mechanical flaw...he doesn't have bad mechanics just bad mecanic ...singular) especially footwork was horrendous and this is the most important mechanical quality in my opinion.

    His football IQ was really bad he couldn't read defenses.

    BUT HE HAD ELITE POISE. Woodson has the best poise since VY.
    Sig Quoted!!!!!!!!!!
    Chi-Towns Finest!

    Comment


    • #17
      omg sig quoted.

      We'll see how good VY is with a new offensive coordinator next year with a much more complex offense.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

      Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

      Comment


      • #18
        The only thing I could say about this is that two years ago against Rutgers, Brohm was a pussy.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
          omg sig quoted.

          We'll see how good VY is with a new offensive coordinator next year with a much more complex offense.
          I bet he'll win.
          Chi-Towns Finest!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
            SEC and Brohm played in an easy passing offense. Dave RAgone, Stefan Lefors, Chris Redman.

            Redman shot was ****ed up by Brian Billick's inability to coach. None of these guys were drafted very high. If they were picked in the first round, you would have a valid argument.


            Two Words: Alex Smith. Wonderlics are overrated. Woodson showed a very good understand of an offense in protection schemes and calling audibles in his senior year (checked out of 50% of plays vs. LSU).

            Allegedly.

            Woodson got rid of his hitch at his pro day. I'd like to see how easy it is for Brohm to play in the SEC...the speed at defensive back in the Big East isn't in the same galaxy as the SEC ... or on the DLs. Plus Woodson's OL was garbage for most of his career.

            Good point! I'm putting Eric Ainge on the top of my draft board because like OMG, liek SEC forevs. I'd say 34 points against one of these god-like SEC defenses is pretty good.

            Coaches Tape...watch UCONN and Rutgers. Brohm has a below average arm, but an extremely accurate one.

            He isn't Chad Pennington. It's not going to derail his career.

            Did you see Tom Brady's 40 time? What do you think Peyton Manning would run in the 40?

            4.36


            Woodson didn't suck. He didn't play great but he didn't play bad imo. I want to see a QB manage himself and learn the offense at the Senior Bowl. Not throw every pick on the money...I don't need to watch a Senior Bowl to know how good a QB is...I WATCH GAME FILM.

            Then stop trying to use it against Brian Brohm. If Brian Brohm went to the Senior Bowl and sucked you'd be all over it.

            Hype? Most think he is a 3rd or 4th round pick. Time well tell. I think if a raw QB like Vince Young can do it, then Woodson can be much better than that.
            The only analyst that I have heard say anything good about Andre Woodson lately is Todd McShay. I ****ing love irony.
            Last edited by PuppyPuncher; 04-09-2008, 12:25 AM.

            Comment


            • #21
              Brohm is a pussy and he is not a competitive football player. I'd rather see Colt Brennan out there sucking ... at least he has the balls to play.
              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

              Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

              Comment


              • #22
                You're right he should be stoned for ignoring one of the timeliest traditions in all of the NFL, the Senior Bowl.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Brohm didn't play because he was scared. What did he do at Louisville that was so great? Beat up on the Big East? Are you kidding me? Brohm didn't play in the Senior Bowl because he isn't a very competitive football player. Let's glorify a QB coming from the same school that produced elite NFL QBs such as Dave Ragone, Chris Redman and Stefan LeFors (all picked in the 3rd round).

                  Brohm was in a wide open offense with very good talent his whole career going up against crappy defenses.

                  I have Brohm with a 2nd round grade...despite all the "hate" I think he is a very good QB prospect.

                  But yes I question his competitiveness. He doesn't play through pain and he doesn't provide what I want from him when the game is on the line. I don't think Brian Brohm is a mentally tough QB.
                  Last edited by Matt McGuire; 04-09-2008, 12:51 AM.
                  2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                  Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                    Brohm didn't play because he was scared. What did he do at Louisville that was so great? Beat up on the Big East? Are you kidding me? Brohm didn't play in the Senior Bowl because he isn't a very competitive football player. Let's glorify a QB coming from the same school that produced elite NFL QBs such as Dave Ragone, Chris Redman and Stefan LeFors (all picked in the 3rd round).

                    Brohm was in a wide open offense with very good talent his whole career going up against crappy defenses.

                    I have Brohm with a 2nd round grade...despite all the "hate" I think he is a very good QB prospect.

                    But yes I question his competitiveness. He doesn't play through pain and he doesn't provide what I want from him when the game is on the line. I don't think Brian Brohm is a mentally tough QB.
                    What does it matter where other Louisville qb went?? Brohm>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Woodson
                    Chi-Towns Finest!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      Brohm didn't play because he was scared. What did he do at Louisville that was so great? Beat up on the Big East? Are you kidding me? Brohm didn't play in the Senior Bowl because he isn't a very competitive football player. Let's glorify a QB coming from the same school that produced elite NFL QBs such as Dave Ragone, Chris Redman and Stefan LeFors (all picked in the 3rd round).

                      Brohm was in a wide open offense with very good talent his whole career going up against crappy defenses.

                      I have Brohm with a 2nd round grade...despite all the "hate" I think he is a very good QB prospect.

                      But yes I question his competitiveness. He doesn't play through pain and he doesn't provide what I want from him when the game is on the line. I don't think Brian Brohm is a mentally tough QB.
                      So what if they are all third rounders? It's not like every Louisville QB is manufactured genetically to become the same QB over and over again.

                      It wasn't exactly the ideal offense last year.

                      I think you need to look at some tapes of Brian Brohm against WVU and Rutgers.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        Let's glorify a QB coming from the same school that produced elite NFL QBs such as Dave Ragone, Chris Redman and Stefan LeFors (all picked in the 3rd round).
                        I'm sure you've been waiting for this.

                        But you'd rather glorify one from a school that produced Tim Couch and Jared Lorenzen?
                        www.5qsports.com, get some.
                        "Relax, all right? Don't try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic."
                        -Crash Davis, Bull Durham

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Its the fact that Matt saw him beat LSU, fell in love and refuses to rationalize that he is not an elite prospect.
                          Chi-Towns Finest!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Casey View Post
                            I'm sure you've been waiting for this.

                            But you'd rather glorify one from a school that produced Tim Couch and Jared Lorenzen?
                            Different offense Woodson runs...Brohm runs the same one.
                            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                            Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                              So what if they are all third rounders? It's not like every Louisville QB is manufactured genetically to become the same QB over and over again.

                              It wasn't exactly the ideal offense last year.

                              I think you need to look at some tapes of Brian Brohm against WVU and Rutgers.
                              He was pathetic vs. Rutgers in his Jr. year and Rutgers defense last season was awful.

                              Time will tell....Woodson outplayed Brohm twice in his career.
                              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

                              Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                                He was pathetic vs. Rutgers in his Jr. year and Rutgers defense last season was awful.

                                Time will tell....Woodson outplayed Brohm twice in his career.


                                Thanks for inflating my senior season stats, Andre.


                                Andre scored 40 points on a Big East defense. Ewww... icky. Brohm some how managed to score 34 points on an incredible lightning fast Speed Earns Championship defense. You can't tell me how ****ty big east defenses are, (Louisville had the ****tiest) and then try to act like Andre Woodson burning one is impressive.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X