Matt Ryan> JaMarcus Russel?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Ryan> JaMarcus Russel?

"Both McShay and Kiper just said on NFL live that if both players were available in the '08 draft, they'd both draft Matt Ryan before JaMarcus Russell."

Saw this on a Chiefs messageboard. Thoughts?

Originally posted by titan_qb_3 View Post
    "Both McShay and Kiper just said on NFL live that if both players were available in the '08 draft, they'd both draft Matt Ryan before JaMarcus Russell."

Saw this on a Chiefs messageboard. Thoughts?
    I still am not a huge JaMarcus fan. His best quality is his big arm, not accuracy, and likes to eat a lot.

Comment

Disagree 100%. I think Quinn>Ryan. It's been said a million times before. This isn't a particularly strong QB class, it just has a lot of depth.

Comment

Originally posted by jimmyp View Post
        Disagree 100%. I think Quinn>Ryan. It's been said a million times before. This isn't a particularly strong QB class, it just has a lot of depth.
        I like brady quinn more than Russell.

Comment

If Russell dosn't eat himself out of the NFL I think he will be the most successfull of the three. Any guy who can throw 70 yards from his knees is defidenly special. I honestly think Ryan is a cut below both Russell and Quinn and would be 3rd on most teams boards had he come out with the other two.

Comment

out of the three i would rather have quinn

Comment

Originally posted by P.Manningfan102 View Post
              If Russell dosn't eat himself out of the NFL I think he will be the most successfull of the three. Any guy who can throw 70 yards from his knees is defidenly special. I honestly think Ryan is a cut below both Russell and Quinn and would be 3rd on most teams boards had he come out with the other two.
              You know who else did that "70 yards from the knees" bit? Kyle Boller. Look how he turned out.
              - Also known as Dan.
              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

That is a very valid point. Im aware that it takes alot more than arm strength to be successfull in the NFL but Russell showed a lot of poise in college and showed that he could preform on a big time stage at LSU.

Comment

Yeah, but look at his supporting cast at LSU. When you're throwing to two WR's who will go in the top two rounds (Dwayne Bowe, Early Doucet), it's easy to look good in college. They can do a lot of your work for you.

Steve Young and Joe Montana have a lot more yards than they actually threw because Jerry Rice could turn a 10 yard pass into a 40, 50 yard play with his feet. Good receiving corps can make a QB look very good.
                  - Also known as Dan.
                  - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                    You know who else did that "70 yards from the knees" bit? Kyle Boller. Look how he turned out.
                    50 yards from his knees.

Comment

Make that Dwayne Bowe, Craig Davis, and Early Doucet with Bowe and Davis both being picked in the first round.

I think Russel is a bust waiting to happen. He plays on the Raiders and lets be honest, a big arm is the most overrated asset in a QB. Whenever third down is played on your knees, I could give a crap less about JaMarcus's big arm.

Comment

I echo NoNonsenseCoach's sentiments. Russell had great players surrounding him and that offense had a lot of days where they scored few points. He should send half of his signing bonus to the guys who played "defense" for Notre Dame in the Sugar Bowl.
                        Jacksonville Jaguars GM

2008 WalterFootball.com Mock Draft Selections:

Round 1, (26) Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas
                        Round 2, (58) Roy Schuening,G, Oregon State
                        Round 3, (71) Eddie Royal, WR/KR, Virginia Tech
                        Round 3, (89) Ray Rice, RB, Rutgers
                        Round 4, (125) Barry Richardson, OT, Clemson
                        Round 5, (147) Tommy Blake, DE, TCU
                        Round 5, (158) Andre Fluellen, DT, Florida State
                        Round 5, (159) Erik Ainge, QB, Tennessee

Comment

That's another this that hurt Quinn. It looked like Russel just out played him when really they played 2 different games. Russel was playing catch in the back yard, and Quinn was playin catch-up against a great defense lead by the 6th pick in the draft LaRon Landry.

Comment

fatty fat fatfat

Comment

LOL, you have to be kidding me. Ryan has the talent of a mid-2nd round pick. He is just lucky that all the "experts" love him.

Comment

Working...
                              X