Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Schefter: Quentin Groves has heart condition

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...=114891&spln=1

Interesting he is a projected first round pick, but I can't see any teams later in the first round that need a hybrid linebacker, other than San Fran and I think that is not a very big need for them.

Will Groves' condition hurt his stock?
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Might. What and how bad is the condition is. I wouldnt want him to have a heart attack on the field though.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I wanna know what the Walterfootball medical expert Jimmyp thinks about this. Take it Stephania..er I mean Jimmyp.
      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

It's a pretty big need for SF
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I don't know Walter they have Manny Lawson and you can get a solid hybrid in the mid-late rounds this year.

Comment

Well considering Lawson is coming off an ACL and Tully Banta-Cain sucked major *******s, I'd say DE/OLB is their biggest need, save for offensive line help
            2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

It could be a huge hit to his draft stock if it real bad but if it is not that bad then i could se him faling a litle but not much.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                Well considering Lawson is coming off an ACL and Tully Banta-Cain sucked major *******s, I'd say DE/OLB is their biggest need, save for offensive line help
                Groves is coming off heart surgery Walter in case you didn't read the thread. Draft another health risk? Smart decision.

Comment

...sucked major *******s?...

Comment

Yeah. All the rectal openings had commissions.
                    - Also known as Dan.
                    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Walter View Post
                      Not true at all. We have some intriguing guys who we got off the practice squad, and the coaches are high on them. Also, Bryant Johnson is overrated and Bruce is old. WR is still our biggest need.

Comment

NFLN Total Access said that it is fixed now, and that teams aren't scared of it as of right now.

Comment

Ya, it was a very minor surgery and Groves has sent a letter out to GMs about it. Don't think it will effect his status.

Comment

I think it WILL affect his draft status. When you draft a player with an early pick you expect that long term he'll be an everydown player for you, people with heart conditions don't have the same physical motor as the majority of people.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                              I wanna know what the Walterfootball medical expert Jimmyp thinks about this. Take it Stephania..er I mean Jimmyp.
                              I wish I was as hot as Stephania Bell.

From what I read he has Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome (WPW) which is basically just an abnormal conducting pathway in the heart. Think of it like a shortcut. Sometimes because of it impulses can get to the main part of the heart faster than they would via the main pathway and there is potential for a loop to develop with a fast heart rate.

Even untreated it isn't very severe (mostly) and a lot of people, roughly 1 in 500 have the condition. Interestingly Meatloaf has WPW. Ma! Meatloaf!

Ablative surgery fixes the problem in over 80% of people (eliminates the extra pathway). The way you know if its fixes is by doing an ECG (and maybe some more complicated studies). If Groves' surgery was successful, its as if it never was, so absolutely no change in value. Even if it wasn't, I can't see it really changing where he goes.

WPW is completely different from weak hearts, holes in the hearts, heart attacks etc.

Comment

Working...
                              X