X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Brohm tidbit from McFraud

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=3335993

On the slide
    2. QB Brian Brohm, Louisville -- Scouts complained that Brohm avoided some of the tougher throws they wanted to see during his uninspiring on-campus workout last month. Some teams love his consistency and think he can thrive with the proper supporting cast in the NFL, while others simply think Brohm is too limited physically.

Doesn't surprise me a 2nd round prospect that avoids the combine doesn't make NFL throws at his pre-planned Pro Day workout.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

You know, when I saw you post someting with Brohm's name in the title, I had no doubt that you dug up some negative material from the bowels of the internet.

Interesting that you got that tidbit from the same people who thought it was a good idea to hire Emmit Smith to be a sportscaster. lol

Of course, you like Andre Woodson and based on some of the things you've said about him, I don't think I'm going to be taking any queues from you when it's related to evaluating QB talent.

sigpic
    WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
    PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
    NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
    Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
    Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
    MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
    PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
    Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
    Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
    ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
    Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
    TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
    InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
    Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
    EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
    EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
    Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
    BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
    Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
      You know, when I saw you post someting with Brohm's name in the title, I had no doubt that you dug up some negative material from the bowels of the internet.

Interesting that you got that tidbit from the same people who thought it was a good idea to hire Emmit Smith to be a sportscaster. lol

Of course, you like Andre Woodson and based on some of the things you've said about him, I don't think I'm going to be taking any queues from you when it's related to evaluating QB talent.

Everybody is going to be taking my queues if Andre is a very good NFL player.

Also, typical McShay doesn't give his opinion it is everyone around him, which is why I think what he said is important.

Comment

Weird - others praised Brohm's workout. Hmmm...
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Matt and Todd sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G

I'm seriously starting to think Matt is pulling off the ultimate draft smokescreen. MATT IS ACTUALLY TODD MCSHAY DISGUISED AS A STUDENT FROM KENTUCKY.
          Last edited by PuppyPuncher; 04-11-2008, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
            Matt and Todd sitting in a tree K-I-S-S-I-N-G

I'm seriously starting to think Matt is pulling off the ultimate draft smokescreen. MATT IS ACTUALLY TODD MCSHAY DISGUISED AS A STUDENT FROM KENTUCKY.
            You got me. Damn I thought I got away with it.

Comment

On a related tidbit, SI wrote that any team that was looking to pick up Brian Brohm in the second round was out of luck because two teams in the late first were going to pick him if he was there. Uhh... San Fran and Tampa Bay?

Comment

Tampa, maybe. San Fran? I know that Alex Smith sucks, but Shaun Hill might be a serviceable QB for a season or two. Let them muddle it out, this season's going to be a wash for them anyway. They can take Tebow/Stafford/Harper/Daniel/Bradford in '09.
                - Also known as Dan.
                - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                  Tampa, maybe. San Fran? I know that Alex Smith sucks, but Shaun Hill might be a serviceable QB for a season or two. Let them muddle it out, this season's going to be a wash for them anyway. They can take Tebow/Stafford/Harper/Daniel/Bradford in '09.
                  I think McCloughan and Nolan could use the development of Brohm as a way to maybe save their jobs. I don't trust Shaun Hill and I understand that Mike Martz is supposed to be great at developing QBs, but so is Norv Turner and he could only make Alex Smith mediocre.

Comment

Here is another stat, Brohm had 101 passes deflected at the line of scrimmage.
                    Why? He has a very low release point.
                    Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

Brohm just visited with the Vikings and they apparently liked him a-la NFLN

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft...odd&id=3335993

On the slide
                        2. QB Brian Brohm, Louisville -- Scouts complained that Brohm avoided some of the tougher throws they wanted to see during his uninspiring on-campus workout last month. Some teams love his consistency and think he can thrive with the proper supporting cast in the NFL, while others simply think Brohm is too limited physically.

Doesn't surprise me a 2nd round prospect that avoids the combine doesn't make NFL throws at his pre-planned Pro Day workout.
                        Do you really think a draft prospect, especially a quarterback is going to work hard to show off his WEAKER points to NFL Scouts. Hell no. He wants to show his strengths. If they asked him to throw a certain pass he probobly would but why do it if they dont ask to see it. Show off your strengths. I have no problems with that.
                        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Agreed. Vince Young never really flaunted his wonderlic score and in turn he tricked the Titans into thinking he could be a good QB.

Comment

So.... Besides Ryan, and the 1 guy here that has a man-crush on woodson, nobody here seems to like any other QB's in this draft?? Also, every year some crap QB throws a ball 90 yards from his knees through the goalposts, who is that this year?
                            Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumsteroo View Post
                              So.... Besides Ryan, and the 1 guy here that has a man-crush on woodson, nobody here seems to like any other QB's in this draft?? Also, every year some crap QB throws a ball 90 yards from his knees through the goalposts, who is that this year?
                              This year that quarterback is Joe Flacco from Delaware.
                              He has a good arm but I would not call him a "crap quarterback", he is very raw and has good potential.

Comment

Working...
                              X