Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Bills mock draft and why they will not take Harvey at #11....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Bills mock draft and why they will not take Harvey at #11....

First off, I think Harvery will make a great DE in the NFL with a combo of speed and size. I had a mock up here before saying the Bills would select Harvey at #11, but the more I think of it the less it makes sense the Bills will select Harvey.....

Partly because of the contracts of Schobel and Kelsay but the majority of my reasoning is based on the signing of Stroud. I think the FO and Jauron believe with the signing of Stroud and the emergance of McCargo based on last yr. that Schobel will return to forum. Stroud is such a talent that WHEN healthy teams must game plan for him. It has been a while since that has occured ( Pat Williams). Stroud eats up double teams thus isolating Schobel on the end.

On the opposite end we all know Kelsay and Denney are not a 2 headed monster, but are they adaquate? Yes....esp. with a solid rotation something that was lacking last year with Denney injured.

Well after that long rant here is how my mock for the Bills looks (No trades included)

RD 1-#11 Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie CB TSU: You cant teach size and now that NFL WR's are getting BIGGER and faster why not select the 6-1 1/2 CB who ran a 4.33.....This selection will allow Greer to move back to Nickle.

RD 2- #41 Martellus Bennett TE Texas A&M: Has Tremendous potential at 6-6 259. Said to have long arms and reliable hands. He will give the Bills an instant red zone threat. I like him as the #1 TE in this draft beacuse of his upside. Said to have been underutilized in the Aggies run oriented offense, still caught 50 balls for 587 yds and 4 tds. Was a NBA draft entree out of HS before withdrawing his name.

Rd 3:#72 Jordy Nelson WR Kansas State: Excellent size at 6-2 5/8 217 pds. I believe this gives the Bills great value at the WR spot in round 3. Was VERY productive in a solid conference (Big 12). Caught 122 balls for 1,606 yds and 11 tds. Said to have soft reliable hands and good after the catch.

Rd 4# 114 Jeremy Zuttah C Rutgers: Known as a very good mobile athlete with speed, strength and a good work ethic. Gives the Bills a chance to groom their Center for the future behind Folwer. Also has experience with multipe positions on the OL which is very important.

Rd 4 # 132 Jeremy Thompson DE Wake Forest : At 6-4 264 pds. has a frame to get even bigger. Should provide adaquate help to spell Schobel. One of his strenghts is against the run.

Rd 5# 143 Owen Schmitt FB WVU: Great blocker that would open holes for Lynch. Said to run decent routes in the air game. We all know Turk wants to utilize the FB spot evident the Bills signing one within a couple hours of his OC hireing.

Rd 6 - Steve Johnson WR Kentucky: Very good pick up late in the draft. Offers insurance on the Nelson pick. Good size at 6-2 210 pounds. Has long arms and is a terrific athlete. Was more than productive at Kentucky with over 1,000 yds and 13 tds.
    Alex Carrington for mayor

Congratulations Andrew Luck, You are storing your winning Lottery Ticket in a Styrofoam safe until 2012, the manufacturer of this safe does not cover hazards such as Injury, Rookie Pay Scales, or declining skills

-You know you are right on message boards when no one responds to your post

DRC probably won't be around at #11. Not with the Jets, Ravens, Patriots, and Saints all possibly looking at CB's.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
      DRC probably won't be around at #11. Not with the Jets, Ravens, Patriots, and Saints all possibly looking at CB's.
      ehh I dont see the Jets or Ravens going CB. I believe either McFadden or Gholston falls to the Jets, if that is the case they will select one of them in 1 min. I have the Ryan going to the Ravens. If Rivers is on the board I think the Saints take him, and there is a good possibility the Pats COULD go OL.
      Alex Carrington for mayor

Congratulations Andrew Luck, You are storing your winning Lottery Ticket in a Styrofoam safe until 2012, the manufacturer of this safe does not cover hazards such as Injury, Rookie Pay Scales, or declining skills

-You know you are right on message boards when no one responds to your post

Comment

Your DEs really aren't making that much money.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie :sick:

"He's not a very physical corner, so drafting him for a Tampa 2 scheme would require a scouting staff who has seen him jam well and recover in workouts, plus a coaching staff willing to mold him into a physical cornerback."

I never liked him much anyways

Martellus Bennett I don't think he is worth 41

Jordy Nelson not a big fan

I like Jeremy Zuttah

Owen Schmitt, 5th round okay, I wish

Steve Johnson 6th, I wish

Comment

Originally posted by bills_red View Post
            Martellus Bennett I don't think he is worth 41
            What did you think on draft day with Whitner at 8 and McCargo at 26? Great values right?

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              What did you think on draft day with Whitner at 8 and McCargo at 26? Great values right?
              1. D.Whit still is not a top 10 pick
              2. McCargo still isn't worth a 1st round pick

point?

Comment

1. D.Whit still is not a top 10 pick
                2. McCargo still isn't worth a 1st round pick

point?
                although I disagree with you about Whitner, I feel like your viewpoint is pretty picky for a team that made such HUGE reaches in the first round.

Comment

So I should say Kelly at 11, sounds good to me? Fowlers at 11 sounds great cuz we never know what BUF might do. viewpoint is pretty picky, give me a ****ing break

Comment

So I should say Kelly at 11, sounds good to me? Fowlers at 11 sounds great cuz we never know what BUF might do. viewpoint is pretty picky, give me a ****ing break
                    Well they have a wider draft range in the 2nd round, so yeah I think you are nitpicky with Bennett there.

I mean I am picky about the Bills drafting Harvey at 11, but that is because I narrow my thought process the higher in the draft we go.

Comment

Coming from one of the most nitpicky guys imo.
                      You don't draft only on need MB is a late2-earlt3 so ya drafting him at 41 would make me mad.

I'm done arguing with Matt on anything cuz he acts like his rules are the second coming of the 10 commandments

Comment

I like Aaron Schobel, but putting Derrick Harvey at LE could suddenly make this one of the elite defensive lines in the NFL. It's the Tampa-2, cornerback isn't that big a deal.

Comment

I think DRC could play physical at the next level.

Comment

Working...
                          X