Stock rise?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stock rise?

So question, if you run a 40 time .06 faster at your pro day compared to the combine, should that raise your draft stock?

Please answer!
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    So question, if you run a 40 time .06 faster at your pro day compared to the combine, should that raise your draft stock?

Please answer!
    No, that is no significant difference, the times could be off by at least .15 off or so anywhere you work out.

Comment

no

Comment

No. Why dont they make them run the dash on grass in pads, lets show some football speed!
        Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Well someone please tell Walter: Donnie Avery's stock rose from 4.4 at the combine to 4.34 at his pro day.

Comment

Well, 4.34 looks a lot better than 4.4, but he stock shouldn't do up

Comment

I think at the faster ends of the spectrum, it should.

At the higher ends, no.

If Donnie Avery improved a 4.7 with a 4.64, it shouldn't matter. His raising of his 4.40 with a 4.34 should help, although only a little. Walter had Avery as a late 2nd, 3rd round prospect before this. He didn't jump that much.
              - Also known as Dan.
              - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                I think at the faster ends of the spectrum, it should.

At the higher ends, no.

If Donnie Avery improved a 4.7 with a 4.64, it shouldn't matter. His raising of his 4.40 with a 4.34 should help, although only a little. Walter had Avery as a late 2nd, 3rd round prospect before this. He didn't jump that much.
                Good point, i change my mind. If that .06 increase is actually real (which it could be just a pro-day BS time) and it puts him into the elite speed catagory, it would make him better.

Comment

OH WOW WOW WOW

So now I tag Walter's name to this Huskers and you go from

"No, that is no significant difference, the times could be off by at least .15 off or so anywhere you work out."

to

"Good point, i change my mind. If that .06 increase is actually real (which it could be just a pro-day BS time) and it puts him into the elite speed catagory, it would make him better."

That's bull****.

Comment

OH WOW WOW WOW

"No, that is no significant difference, the times could be off by at least .15 off or so anywhere you work out."

to

"Good point, i change my mind. If that .06 increase is actually real (which it could be just a pro-day BS time) and it puts him into the elite speed catagory, it would make him better."

That's bull****.
                    Ok, wow, just flip out on me. I am just saying what makes sense to ME. Walter has nothing to do with it. I am sorry i am not some huge big shot expert.

Comment

Okay Walter doesn't have anything to do with it....then why so contradictory?

Comment

Bumping it from a 4.4 to a 4.34 should make him go up but it shouldnt it it was from like a 4.56 to a 4.5 or something like that

Comment

also for a speed guy like Avery the lower time is important

Comment

to

That's bull****.

I think he had a good point, and because you didn't state all of the facts when posing the question, you made it a loaded one.

It's like asking someone...

Which QB would you rather have on your team?

One who put up 4 fumbles, a 71.2 passer rating, 26 TD's and 28 INT's

Or...

One who put up 2 fumbles, a 106.0 passer rating, 34 TD's and 10 INT's

???

Then after everyone makes the obvious answer, you mention the fact that these are the 1998 stats for Peyton Manning and Randall Cunningham. That's just a crappy way to put a question and it was right for those who answered without knowing all the facts to change their mind. The fact that you are calling people out for it... well.. in your own words...

That's bull****.
                            Blazedestin's point was a very valid, and intelligent one, and I agree with him. The .06 change doesn't amount to a hill of beans at the slower echlons of 40 times... but it makes a significant difference when you're talking the difference between 40 times of 4.4 and a 4.34.

$0.02,

--Z
                            Last edited by ZN0rseman; 04-11-2008, 07:08 PM.
                            sigpic
                            WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                            PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                            NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                            Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                            Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                            MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                            PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                            Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                            Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                            ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                            Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                            TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                            InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                            Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                            EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                            EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                            Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                            BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                            Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

unless there is a proven injury then no.
                              Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Working...
                              X