Updated Trade Value Chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Updated Trade Value Chart

I've tried to do this in the past but I got stuck with my values. Check out the latest ESPN Mag for their pathetic excuse for a TVC (6th round pick + #2 overall pick = #1 pick).

I tried to do a better version, it isn't where I want it to be yet, but it is a rough version. Please critique it very hard, both good and bad, I want to make an elite TVC, better than anyone else has done. Mine is one the left, the current/real TVC on the right.

Last edited by Matt McGuire; 04-12-2008, 12:26 AM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Here is my TVC for 250 picks (224 for 7 rounds of 32 picks each, plus 26 more comp picks).

Comment

Matt could you please post this as an attachment so I can do some anal. on it without having to type in all 250 numbers?

Just on the surface though, I am always in favor of innovation. The basic trend that I notice superficially is that you don't drop nearly as much in the current TVC in value as you progress through the picks. I think this is good in a way.

To get technical a system where you come up with standards at various levels and apply them can make for better consistency of results from year to year. I remember in HS my state had a system where for each subject they tried to define as well as possible the A-/B+ B-/C+ C-/D+ etc. borderline standards. From there they had schools rank students in order, send in a couple of portfolios of the borderline grade students, and then ajudge whether they were the same/better/worse. This way it tries to ensure consistency from school to school.

If in the draft you somehow determine what constitutes a 1000TVC, a 250TVC, a 50 TVC and a 10 TVC (number pulled out of my ass) player at each position. Then punch those into your big board rankings and voila! Hopefully then you could come up with some kind of TVC that takes into account strong and weak drafts. This might allow consideration for strong classes between picks 1-15 with a sharp dropoff after that.

Just my thoughts.

Comment

In the 7th rd picks 27 through 32 they should have decimal values...you show it at no value
        27) .9
        28) .8
        29) .7
        30) .6
        31) .5
        32) .4

Comment

Does the TVC take into consideration the salary each spot will recieve?
          Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

You can't trade comp picks so you really don't have to show their value.

Comment

Since every team has thier own TVC, they all think they are screwing the other person in every trade. Interesting
              Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumsteroo View Post
                Since every team has thier own TVC, they all think they are screwing the other person in every trade. Interesting
                I think the value chart should change and fluctuate depending on how strong the draft class is. Like this year for example, early second round picks should have less of a dropoff from the first round picks than they usually do because of how deep the class is.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog0123 View Post
                  In the 7th rd picks 27 through 32 they should have decimal values...you show it at no value
                  27) .9
                  28) .8
                  29) .7
                  30) .6
                  31) .5
                  32) .4
                  how does it show no value?

Comment

Originally posted by huskers3333 View Post
                    I think the value chart should change and fluctuate depending on how strong the draft class is. Like this year for example, early second round picks should have less of a dropoff from the first round picks than they usually do because of how deep the class is.
                    I agree but every team needs to have the same TVC ... and this is impossible for teams to do because they give away their value of players on their big board.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                      I agree but every team needs to have the same TVC ... and this is impossible for teams to do because they give away their value of players on their big board.
                      i think teams will always value players and picks differently, b/c of their systems and needs, so i don't think that there will ever be a universal value chart for every team.

Comment

Originally posted by huskers3333 View Post
                        i think teams will always value players and picks differently, b/c of their systems and needs, so i don't think that there will ever be a universal value chart for every team.
                        Then teams would never agree on trades because it wouldn't be a universal TVC.

Comment

You have higher values on the top picks but it's going in the other direction. The GM"s want to reduce the value because of how much money the picks cost. Is essence the values have already been reduced.

Comment

Yeah but the top picks have to have some elite value and my board is much less value given to the top picks than the current one.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                              Then teams would never agree on trades because it wouldn't be a universal TVC.
                              I disagree. I might agree to a trade because my numbers say its good for me. Your numbers might say its good for you. If each team has their own TVC and it varies according to the strength of the draft you'd still have a lot of trades.

Comment

Working...
                              X