The newsiest trend in the League today is:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by huskers3333 View Post
    i don't think they'll draft albert either, but what does the pass heavy offense have to do with anything?
    Because if you pass a lot it really isn't worth it to draft a guard at #7 as opposed to a tackle (if they were to go that route which they won't) or another position.

The Pats are drafting a CB (McKelvin most likely) or Keith Rivers. Lock it up.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      Because if you pass a lot it really isn't worth it to draft a guard at #7 as opposed to a tackle (if they were to go that route which they won't) or another position.

The Pats are drafting a CB (McKelvin most likely) or Keith Rivers. Lock it up.
      Ya, that's as close to a lock as there is imo, as far as picking a certian position.

Comment

Could Matt Light play RT?

Comment

I don't see any chance a team drafts a guard at No. 7, especially in the Pats pass-heavy offense.
          Branden Albert can play anyone of four positions on the OL. It’s like people have to stop looking at Sam Baker as a OT, because he maybe able to play there in a pinch, but he projects to OG at the next level.
          Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

Could Matt Light play RT?
            yes I think he will move there when Branden Albert is ready to take over LT
            maybe not in 08.

Comment

Originally posted by FL_Dawg View Post
              Branden Albert can play anyone of four positions on the OL. It’s like people have to stop looking at Sam Baker as a OT, because he maybe able to play there in a pinch, but he projects to OG at the next level.
              Why can't Baker play tackle, he is a great pass blocker.

Comment

Yeah but Matt Light had a great year. I see no reason to fix something like the Pats OL that isn't broken.

**** they had 3 pro bowlers.

Comment

Wouldn't Ryan Clady be a better pick than Albert though? I would think that just because he is a proven pass blocking LT.

Comment

Why can't Baker play tackle, he is a great pass blocker.
                    He is better suited to playing in a small area, because he doesn’t have great feet and has short arms, but has the attitude and passion for the game I look for in a player.

Comment

He is better suited to playing in a small area, because he doesn’t have great feet and has short arms, but has the attitude and passion for the game I look for in a player.
                      When you say feet, do you mean technique or athletic ability?

Comment

Are you talking about Robert Gallery or Sam Baker?

Comment

Wouldn't Ryan Clady be a better pick than Albert though? I would think that just because he is a proven pass blocking LT.
                          He is a very good LT prospect, maybe the best pure LT prospect in this deep draft. I wouldn’t say he is of blue chip quality and is not as versatile as Branden Albert.

Comment

How can a 6' 7'' guy have short arms

Comment

I think we are comparing apples to oranges. Gallery doesn’t exhibited the same passion. I know we usually don’t see eye to eye, but I thought you would be with me on this one.

Comment

I think we are comparing apples to oranges. Gallery doesn’t exhibited the same passion. I know we usually don’t see eye to eye, but I thought you would be with me on this one.
                                As a prospect that was Gallery's calling card.

Tough mauler and he will go through you...but his 31" arms and slow feet got overlooked by scouts.

You'd think slow feet wouldn't go overlooked since Mandarich, but some think Jake Long should be the #1 or #2 pick when I think he is a reach at those two spots in the draft.

Comment

Working...
                                X