Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• huskers3333
    replied
    Oakland fans also blow up cars on occasion.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    Originally posted by FL_Dawg View Post
    Al Davis does not typically draft RB’s high in the draft, because like Denver he believes his system is what makes the RB. Like I said I want to hear why McFadden is so high in your mind….what are his attributes that decide that for you? No one has showed me anything other then his 40 time and thats just not enough to warrant this high a selection in my mind.
    Oakland fans used that argument as to why they weren't taking Jamarcus Russell and were going to take Calvin Johnson.

Leave a comment:

• FL_Dawg
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
    1. Al Davis loves flashy players. And yes, that 40 time has a lot to do with it. Davis values Height/Weight/Speed very highly, and if we go by that criteria, McFadden and Gholston are the two best prospects in the draft (4.58 on a 266 pound guy is probably better than McFadden's 4.33 on a 211 pound frame).

2. Sedrick Ellis is apparently not an option, because Tommy Kelly and Terrell Sands are both on larger contracts than Justin Fargas is on. To counter this, I would like to say that Tommy Kelly is penciled in at LDE for the Raiders.

3. Who's behind Justin Fargas? LaMont Jordan? Dominic Rhodes? They do however, have Michael Bush, who might be useful later on.
    Al Davis does not typically draft RB’s high in the draft, because like Denver he believes his system is what makes the RB. Like I said I want to hear why McFadden is so high in your mind….what are his attributes that decide that for you? No one has showed me anything other then his 40 time and thats just not enough to warrant this high a selection in my mind.

Leave a comment:

• Blazedestin
    replied
    Okay Matt if you think McFadden is such a sure lock to go with the 4th pick....tell me why you think so and you better not give me his 40 times j/k
    1. Al Davis loves flashy players. And yes, that 40 time has a lot to do with it. Davis values Height/Weight/Speed very highly, and if we go by that criteria, McFadden and Gholston are the two best prospects in the draft (4.58 on a 266 pound guy is probably better than McFadden's 4.33 on a 211 pound frame).

2. Sedrick Ellis is apparently not an option, because Tommy Kelly and Terrell Sands are both on larger contracts than Justin Fargas is on. To counter this, I would like to say that Tommy Kelly is penciled in at LDE for the Raiders.

3. Who's behind Justin Fargas? LaMont Jordan? Dominic Rhodes? They do however, have Michael Bush, who might be useful later on.

Leave a comment:

• FL_Dawg
    replied
    Okay Matt if you think McFadden is such a sure lock to go with the 4th pick....tell me why you think so and you better not give me his 40 times j/k

Leave a comment:

• FL_Dawg
    replied
    Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    We'll see what happens on draft day. I think McFadden is the large frontrunner for the #4 pick
    McFadden is in the back seat and more probably in the commissioners office.
    We all Make our jokes about Al Davis, but the truth is that the Raiders have had pretty good luck with their recent 1st round picks. Gallery included.

Leave a comment:

• NoNonsenseCoach
    replied
    FL_Dawg, you gotta give Matt the Business...

"You don't know me son! You betta check yo'self befo' ya wreck yo'self boi! I'mma slap you and your mutha if you don't step back and quit knockin my game film watchin! Boo-ya!

Leave a comment:

• bufordht
    replied
    Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
    Not saying you don't have an argument, just saying that you should be attacking his actual point, not "LAWL YOU CAN'T TYPE."

I think that Long will have his greatest success in the NFL as a defensive end, whether it's in the 3-4 or 4-3, I don't think it'll be a big difference to him. Chris is as close to a safe pick as you'll ever find in the NFL.
    in all honesty i thought basically the same thing when i saw "since" but i'm a little anal sometimes.

you could attack the point by saying that a dome will improve everyone's 40 time not just Long's thus negating anything gained by Long.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    We'll see what happens on draft day. I think McFadden is the large frontrunner for the #4 pick

Leave a comment:

• FL_Dawg
    replied
    Derrick Burgess says hello.
    Derrick Burgess Contract with the Raiders is up after 2008 season and is not happy in Oakland. Tommy Kelly is moving to the 3 slot vacated by Sapp and Edwards is nothing more then a stop gap at DE.

Leave a comment:

• Matt McGuire
    replied
    why?
    Derrick Burgess says hello.

Leave a comment:

• FL_Dawg
    replied
    Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
    I would punch a hole in my TV if Gholston went to the Raiders.
    why?

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    I would punch a hole in my TV if Gholston went to the Raiders.

Leave a comment:

• FL_Dawg
    replied
    Originally posted by Luke #28 View Post
    Agreed, Lombardi is a tard, although I can see Gholston to Oakland, I dont see Ryan to Jets or McFadden to Cinci.
    I never said he was the second coming, but if you were a GM in this league you have connections that most of us only wish we could. At least the guy explains his picks.....I never said I agree with all of his picks. I do agree that the big 4 will be Chris Long, Jake Long, Glenn Dorsey and Vernon Gholston.
    Last edited by FL_Dawg; 04-13-2008, 08:34 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Luke #28
    replied
    Lombardi is an idiot.

He said the NBA draft is like the NFL draft because a lot of the top picks are traded. There is a reason he is out of an NFL job.

His mock is garbage, only pick I see happing is DRC to BAL
    Agreed, Lombardi is a tard, although I can see Gholston to Oakland, I dont see Ryan to Jets or McFadden to Cinci.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X