Concern I have with coverage of the Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Concern I have with coverage of the Draft

I was watching the 2007 Draft the other day and I noticed how fast hte picks went by in the 2nd round (10 mins each) and NFL Network could barely analyze each one.

Also, if there are commercial breaks I will be pissed cuz it is going to go by so fast (it seems).
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
    I was watching the 2007 Draft the other day and I noticed how fast hte picks went by in the 2nd round (10 mins each) and NFL Network could barely analyze each one.

Also, if there are commercial breaks I will be pissed cuz it is going to go by so fast (it seems).
    yeah, the commercials will be more than last year i'll bet, because more people are starting to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post

They should scroll the picks at the bottom of the TV when in commercial breaks…I hope

Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

10 min is plenty. They're just going to show the same highlight reels that we've been watching since who knows when and saying the same stuff we already know. I only really enjoy the debate and the surprise factor in picks. 6 min picks would be ideal for me.

Comment

I dont even know how I'm going to watch the draft live in the UK, thats my concern

Comment

Doesn't NFL stream it on their homepage?
            Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

I agree with Matt. When they started considering the change I thought that 12 minutes would be better, especially since teams need time to talk trades.

Comment

I've noticed that Mayock gets very frantic when the third round comes along and he has to talk about the prospect in less than 5 minutes.

Comment

I hated this 10-minute rule when it first came out. It completely sucks.
                  2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

I love it, it will force teams to get together and agree to trade a little faster, and make it not take 10 years for the 1st round to end. I thought they should have left 10 minutes for 2nd round picks though.
                    Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Luke #28 View Post
                      I dont even know how I'm going to watch the draft live in the UK, thats my concern
                      Sky Sports will broadcast it this year, but it'll be on nfl.com anyway.

Comment

this will just force teams to be more disciplined and do better homework, ie communicating with teams about scenarios beforehand. it will make things run a lot smoother.

Comment

I like commercials in the NFL Draft less than I do Star's Richard Dean Anderson Avatar. At least make it a Jack O'Neill Avatar, Star. Gee Wiz.
                          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Once you get out of the 1st round they don't even always go to the podium to announce it. If they pick during the commercial sometimes it takes a while show it again. I hate how at the beginning of every hour they replay the intro and it takes 2 minutes away from the coverage. Im just glad I have high-speed internet and a laptop this year. So hopefully between ESPN, NFLN, and Internet there will be decent deep round coverage.

How long are the picks for the rest of the rounds?
                            My 2014 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

My 2013 Big Board and Mock Draft Thread

sigpic

Comment

i think rd 2 is 7, and the rest are 5.

Comment

Working...
                              X