Jake Long Looking Like Going #1 To Fins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jake Long Looking Like Going #1 To Fins

SI.com's Peter King reports that the Dolphins have given Jake Long a deadline to agree to a contract that would make him the No. 1 overall pick.

"King says Long is the only player Miami has seriously negotiated with so far. If Long lets the deadline pass, the 'Fins are expected to turn their attention to Vernon Gholston. Long is seemingly at very little risk of falling out of the top three, so he has some leverage"

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...4/draft/1.html

Not a big fan of Peter King and everything he reports, but wow. I'd love for this to happen.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

It's too early..just setting up a contract to sign Chris.

Still calling it a lock.
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 04-14-2008, 12:11 PM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
      It's too early..just setting up a contract to sign Chris.s

Still calling it a lock.
      I agree, I think this is just going to be used as leverage to sign Chris Long.

Comment

I dunno it could be some sort of smoke screen, but the more and more I hear the more I think they might be taking Jake Long. I agree with most of you that Chris Long would be the better pick. But I'm hearing too much that is making me think they are gonna take Jake.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
          I dunno it could be some sort of smoke screen, but the more and more I hear the more I think they might be taking Jake Long. I agree with most of you that Chris Long would be the better pick. But I'm hearing too much that is making me think they are gonna take Jake.
          So is Chris Long's agent, the Fins are basically going to blackmail them into signing before the draft.

Comment

So when this gets completed today, does that give the right to the rams to start negotiations w/ chris long ( or whomever they want to select) and on down the line? Wouldnt that be interesting if the top 5 were selected and signed before the draft!
            Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              So is Chris Long's agent, the Fins are basically going to blackmail them into signing before the draft.
              I'll give you major props if that is in fact what happens. Only a few more days will tell...

Comment

Boo, that would be boring. I hope we hear nothing more about this and the 1st pick of the draft has some mystery to it.

Comment

I just think the Dolphins came out with way too much interest way too early with Jake Long and I find it HIGHLY suspicious they have no interest in Chris Long.

Seems like it is "too good to be true" for Jake Long.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                    Boo, that would be boring. I hope we hear nothing more about this and the 1st pick of the draft has some mystery to it.
                    I'd prefer Chris to be signed before the draft.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                      I'll give you major props if that is in fact what happens. Only a few more days will tell...
                      Parcells has done all this before. Nothing new for him. He will talk to two or three guys getting closer to a deal with eachone before getting to the guy he wants.
                      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

I think the pick will be Jake Long.

He is the best Tackle prospect in a long time, even though Matt disagrees with me, he is superior to even Joe Thomas.

Comment

Chris Long has to be the #1. They'd be nuts not to. He's the high motor, high talent prospect that would totally revitalize that defense. He's the closest thing to a safe pick that we've seen in years.
                          - Also known as Dan.
                          - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

He did win Big Ten offensive lineman of the year in 2006, when Joe Thomas was at Wisconsin... and everyone knows those awards are fact, there is no politics in involved

They will get a deal hammered out with Jake, then fax it directly to Chris' agent and offer them a 'take it or leave it' deal. By thursday Jake will have a contract with the Rams, they will over the same deal to Dorsey, then Jake will negotiate with the Falcons..... Then he will say 'f*ck the NFL, I hate you guys, I am taking my ball and going to Canada'
                            Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                              I think the pick will be Jake Long.

He is the best Tackle prospect in a long time, even though Matt disagrees with me, he is superior to even Joe Thomas.
                              Craig...what? Long doesnt have the athleticism Thomas did. I never saw Thomas on his back in Collage like I have Long. Long is not on the Level of Joe Thomas. Many arent even sure he is quick enough to be a Left Tackle in the pro game where they get rushed by good pass rushers every game.

Long is NOT as good as Thomas was. I saw long a lot and he is not a Joe Thomas.
                              If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                              Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Working...
                              X