Why Baltimore will not pick Matt Ryan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Baltimore will not pick Matt Ryan

Doesn't Baltimore have like ZERO cap room? Would they risk a pricey pick at 8 with no money to pay for it?

I see them taking a lineman, then waiting for a guy like Henne, Woodson, or Flacco in the 2nd.
    NY Giants fan since birth.

Originally posted by yem123 View Post
    Doesn't Baltimore have like ZERO cap room? Would they risk a pricey pick at 8 with no money to pay for it?

I see them taking a lineman, then waiting for a guy like Henne, Woodson, or Flacco in the 2nd.
    They are going to have to pay a rookie at that pick regardless of who they take.
    sigpic
    WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
    PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
    NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
    Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
    Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
    MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
    PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
    Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
    Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
    ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
    Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
    TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
    InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
    Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
    EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
    EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
    Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
    BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
    Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

There is a rookie alotment every year, so they can sign him this year and then have to make the cap work next year when all thier defense files for social security beneftis.
      Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
        They are going to have to pay a rookie at that pick regardless of who they take.
        yeah, but doesn't a QB command a higher price than a, let's say, DT picked at the same spot?

Comment

Originally posted by Drumsteroo View Post
          There is a rookie alotment every year, so they can sign him this year and then have to make the cap work next year when all thier defense files for social security beneftis.
          Oh... I did not know that... maybe then that blows my theory out of the water

Comment

Originally posted by yem123 View Post

I don't think they will have to worry about Ryan he will already be gone
            Browns fan since 1961.....(semper-fi)

Comment

The defense is not that old. The average age of our starters right now is about 28 years old. We have young stars in Dawan Landry and Haloti Ngata. I'm sick of how everyone on this forum perceives Baltimore.

And it doesn't matter who we take number 8 overall, they still get the same money.

Comment

There was some sarcasm in there puppy

Balt does get a bad image because guys like McCallister, Rolle, Ray Lewis and McNair. Reed is young but it seems like hes been there forever too. At least Boller gave you some youthfull injection to the lineup.

Comment

BS. They will probably cut Rolle, McAllister, etc, freeing up a lot of cap room. Besides, you can't compromise your franchise to save money (are you listening, Bill Bidwell).

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                    BS. They will probably cut Rolle, McAllister, etc, freeing up a lot of cap room. Besides, you can't compromise your franchise to save money (are you listening, Bill Bidwell).
                    We are not cutting a shut down corner.

We'll save a lot of cap when Suggs and Lewis get their extensions.

Comment

Why would they extend Lewis? Hes old and on the downside of his career.

Comment

He's still a servicable starter and is the face of the franchise. He sells tickets.
                        Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

Downside of his career is still perennial pro bowler. That's a pretty good downside, if you ask me.

Comment

the pro bowl is nothing but a name recognition contest. He gets there because ignorant people dont know any other middle linebackers in the AFC. Thats not saying hes still not a starter, and the ticket sales factors in, but he only has a few years left, no use paying him big money.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                              (are you listening, Bill Bidwell).
                              No, I can pretty much guarantee that he is not listening.
                              www.Elemental-Designs.com

Comment

Working...
                              X