X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    Originally posted by Drumsteroo View Post
    Is there any new news about Jonathan Ogden? If he is leaning towards retirement they suddenly have a need for an OT, they can have anyone but Long at #8. Thier running game is far more important to them than passing, so OL takes precedence over QB, they can get one of those in RD3 (corner has to be the rd2 pick)
    Adam Terry is probably our stop gap solution until Jared Gaither develops. I wouldn't mind Ryan Clady at 8 though. I refuse to take a QB in the third round.

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    Haven't heard any news on Ogden as of late.

Leave a comment:

• Drumsteroo
    replied
    Is there any new news about Jonathan Ogden? If he is leaning towards retirement they suddenly have a need for an OT, they can have anyone but Long at #8. Thier running game is far more important to them than passing, so OL takes precedence over QB, they can get one of those in RD3 (corner has to be the rd2 pick)

Leave a comment:

• Joey_Potter
    replied
    Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
    They are going to have to pay a rookie at that pick regardless of who they take.
    Yes but Top 10 quarterbacks usually demand more money. Something about quarterback being the most important position on offense according to a few people. I would wait until Round 2.

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
    McAllister is not a shut down corner anymore. I'm not sure what ravens team you were watching, but the one I saw had major issues at cornerback. McAllister will most likely be a cap casualty.
    You didn't see him. He was injured all year and then went on IR.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
    We are not cutting a shut down corner.

We'll save a lot of cap when Suggs and Lewis get their extensions.
    McAllister is not a shut down corner anymore. I'm not sure what ravens team you were watching, but the one I saw had major issues at cornerback. McAllister will most likely be a cap casualty.

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    the pro bowl is nothing but a name recognition contest. He gets there because ignorant people dont know any other middle linebackers in the AFC. Thats not saying hes still not a starter, and the ticket sales factors in, but he only has a few years left, no use paying him big money.
    No, this year he still made a lot of plays. Who besides DeMeco Ryans deserved it more? He has 3 years of good football to play.

Leave a comment:

• offset
    replied
    (are you listening, Bill Bidwell).
    No, I can pretty much guarantee that he is not listening.

Leave a comment:

• Drumsteroo
    replied
    the pro bowl is nothing but a name recognition contest. He gets there because ignorant people dont know any other middle linebackers in the AFC. Thats not saying hes still not a starter, and the ticket sales factors in, but he only has a few years left, no use paying him big money.

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    Why would they extend Lewis? Hes old and on the downside of his career.
    Downside of his career is still perennial pro bowler. That's a pretty good downside, if you ask me.

Leave a comment:

• regoob2
    replied
    He's still a servicable starter and is the face of the franchise. He sells tickets.

Leave a comment:

• Drumsteroo
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PuppyPuncher
    replied
    BS. They will probably cut Rolle, McAllister, etc, freeing up a lot of cap room. Besides, you can't compromise your franchise to save money (are you listening, Bill Bidwell).
    We are not cutting a shut down corner.

We'll save a lot of cap when Suggs and Lewis get their extensions.

Leave a comment:

• 49ersfan
    replied
    BS. They will probably cut Rolle, McAllister, etc, freeing up a lot of cap room. Besides, you can't compromise your franchise to save money (are you listening, Bill Bidwell).

Leave a comment:

• Drumsteroo
    replied
    There was some sarcasm in there puppy

Balt does get a bad image because guys like McCallister, Rolle, Ray Lewis and McNair. Reed is young but it seems like hes been there forever too. At least Boller gave you some youthfull injection to the lineup.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X