Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NE Pats Might Trade Up for Dorsey

Yea wow I didn't believe this was a rumor at first but here it is,

Citing sources close to the team and the player, Yahoo Sports reports the Patriots are considering trading up in the draft for Glenn Dorsey.

"In fact, the emphasis on speed rushers is so strong that New England, which has the No. 7 overall pick via last year’s draft trade with the San Francisco 49ers, has had Dorsey in for a personal workout and is contemplating a trade up for him, according to a source close to the team and another close to the player. The last time New England used a pick in the top 10, it selected versatile defensive lineman Richard Seymour with the sixth pick in the 2001 draft."

I don't buy it, but it is interesting to think about a scenerio like this one.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...yhoo&type=lgns
    Last edited by Vbsiena; 04-16-2008, 02:35 PM.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

wow... well, i can't say the Pats' GM has no idea what he is doing, but what about CB??? LB???

Also, isn't Dorsey not the right fit for their 3-4 defense?
    NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

hmmm... maybe:
      Atlanta gets:
      #7 overall
      1st round pick 2009
      NEP gets:
      #3 overall

Founder of ScarDraft
      Writer for Drafttek

Comment

He would have to be a DE in a 3-4. Can he play that?
        Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

It's also pretty interesting considering their starting 3 DLine is Richard Seymour (1st round pick) Vince Wilford (1st round pick) Ty Warren (1st round pick)

Comment

I could see it. Dorsey went to DE when LSU went to 3 man fronts. He is obviously athletic, quick, and strong enough. The only concern is his height, which really isn't that bad when considering Luis Castillo is only an inch or two taller.

I was always of the position that Dorsey could play NT in the 3-4 as well. That was, until he weighed in under 300 lbs. at the combine. He still has room to get bigger and stronger, and I could still see it, but not as much as before. He would need to put on about 30 lbs. of muscle and maintain all his athleticism. However, the guy is unmovable. He is an absolute terror in the middle, and if anyone can come up with new and ungodly ways of using him it is Belichick. I would hate to seem Dorsey go to the Patriots because he is probably my favorite player in the draft, and I hate the Patriots, but I can completely see it.

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
              It's also pretty interesting considering their starting 3 DLine is Richard Seymour (1st round pick) Vince Wilford (1st round pick) Ty Warren (1st round pick)
              maybe they are moving to a 4 man front this year?

Founder of ScarDraft
              Writer for Drafttek

Comment

Glenn Dorsey will not be successful in a 3-4 defense

Comment

Belichek might move Dorsey to CB.

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
                    Belichek might move Dorsey to CB.
                    Or bodyguard to the camera man.

Comment

They're hoping he can get in better shape and rehab so he can play both positions, and if he can the trade is that much more probable.

Comment

This is such bull**** and has no chance of happeing.

Man you guys are so ****ing gullible.
                        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Gullible for what? Talking about the possibility of this happening? Anything is possible, however, this scenario may not be probable.
                          Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Anything is not possible. That is a huge misunderstanding with the draft. Miami isn't taking Chris Williams #1...so anything is not possible.

Every pick has a draft range. It is my job to try and call it the most accurately and project trades. Trading up for Dorsey makes zero sense for the Pats.
                            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

If I were the Pats I'd trade up for Colt Brennan... then again I despise the franchise and want to run them into the ground soooo

By the way Matt I just PMed you.

Comment

Working...
                              X