Potential Trade Up in Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Potential Trade Up in Draft

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Saints have had contact with the Rams about a potential trade up in the NFL Draft

"Schefter calls the talks "preliminary." The Saints could be eyeing Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston with Will Smith in a contract season, but might have to offer 2009 picks because they have only six this year. While the Scott Linehan Rams have executed several draft-day trades, future choices won't entice St. Louis with Linehan in must-win mode. According to the new trade chart, it'd take New Orleans' first- and second-round picks to get to No. 2"

Solid trade news. It would be cool to see this happen.
    WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
    Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

I have no idea why they would have any interest in Gholston.

Comment

They will probably trade up to take Balmer, they are scared he wont fall to them at 10 and want to draft him to make Matt happy
      Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Dorsey has to be tempting. Him and Vilma up the middle and you got something. Hard to find elite defensive tackles. Stop the run and work from there.

Comment

Saints Receive: #2 Overall pick (2600 TVC points)
          Rams Receive: #10 and #40 (1800 TVC points)

Trade doesn't have a chance of happening...Saints have to give up much more than that and they can't afford to do so.
          2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

It mentions a new trade chart which could be this.

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/...t-trade-chart/

I personally feel the value of something like in economics or most things in the world is complictaed and takes in a lot of different factors. It does seem very helpful as a guidline but as people we should be fluid and flexible because the value of all things is constantly changing like the universe. What the hell I am talking about? I'm gonna go to sleep.

Comment

Yeah Guapo I already made the new and improved TVC...and the fonts on that TVC are annoying as hell.

Comment

I've seen that. It won't get adopted by NFL teams, so why should we even talk about it?

Comment

The Saints would have to give up a large combination of first and second round picks to get to #2.

I don't think it's worth it. Though it'd be interesting to see.

Rorshach's Journal

Comment

The Saints would be much more likely to trade up for Sedrick Ellis with Oakland than with the Rams for Dorsey.

But neither will happen. Both are locks not to happen.

Comment

Is it just me or doesn't it seem to be a lot of locks in this draft?
                      Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Originally posted by Leo Fender View Post
                        Is it just me or doesn't it seem to be a lot of locks in this draft?
                        When a person like Matt is running his mouth, yeah.

Comment

No one is a lock until their name is on a contract.
                          If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                          Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                            NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Saints have had contact with the Rams about a potential trade up in the NFL Draft

"Schefter calls the talks "preliminary." The Saints could be eyeing Glenn Dorsey or Vernon Gholston with Will Smith in a contract season, but might have to offer 2009 picks because they have only six this year. While the Scott Linehan Rams have executed several draft-day trades, future choices won't entice St. Louis with Linehan in must-win mode. According to the new trade chart, it'd take New Orleans' first- and second-round picks to get to No. 2"

Solid trade news. It would be cool to see this happen.
                            Saints fans would love it, myself included!

Comment

The saints did trade an entire draft for a lazy, pot smoking RB some time ago. Dont put anything past them. The 'lock' here is that the Aints will somehow f*ck up there pick and probably the whole draft.
                              Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Working...
                              X