No announcement yet.

Tampa Defense in 2008 - Whatcha think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tampa Defense in 2008 - Whatcha think?

Matt & others, what are your thoughts about Tampa's D in 2008? I know you're a big supporter of the team, but take off your Bucs hat for a second and give me your best objective view, warts and all. You know them a lot better than I ever will, but I'm thinking they look pretty strong on defense in 2008. The core is all there. They were a very strong under-the-radar defense last season, and their 2008 schedule looks promising. I've read your other posts about offseason needs and such, and it looks like their biggest potential weakness is CB.

What do you think? I know you know a lot about the details of their defense, and I'd be happy to read as much detail as you are willing to give. Any thoughts on particular players that cause concern? Any thoughts on the coaching and the defensive scheme generally?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to hearing from you.

We hardly got to see Tampa last year. They seemed to be fast and good. They could use another corner now.

Comment

Gaines Adams is going to explode like Mario did in his second year.

Combine that with additions of Eugene Wilson at CB and Marques Douglas at UT and our defense is much improved. Quincy Black has more expierence, so does Tanard Jackson. We get Sabby PIscitelli back he brings competitivenss to the SS position in TC with Phillips.

Top 3 defense next year. And we have a weak schedule.
      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

They were top 5 last year. Their cornerbacks are a bit old, but beyond that, they've improved from last season.

I can't see them being outside of the top 10, unless two or three key players go down.
        - Also known as Dan.
        - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

If I was a TB fan I'd be all about some Jared Allen. You have the money to pay him and I think he's the perfect compliment to a guy like Adams. DE isn't a dire need but wtf, if you have a chance at forming a nasty young tandem like that why not go for it?

If you can get Allen and keep this years 2nd rounder for a CB like Flowers, that defense would be SICK.

Comment

Originally posted by noidroid View Post
            If I was a TB fan I'd be all about some Jared Allen. You have the money to pay him and I think he's the perfect compliment to a guy like Adams. DE isn't a dire need but wtf, if you have a chance at forming a nasty young tandem like that why not go for it?

If you can get Allen and keep this years 2nd rounder for a CB like Flowers, that defense would be SICK.
            Jared Allen doesn't help out our huge needs at CB and WR. We are going to get pressure at LDE with Greg Whtie, and Kevin Carter is extremely good vs. the run.

Allen would be a luxury...and a very expensive one at that.

Comment

You have to wait until preseason before making any kinds of predictions. Injuries will dictate what kind of year you will have.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                You have to wait until preseason before making any kinds of predictions. Injuries will dictate what kind of year you will have.
                lol you can't predict injuries even in the preseason...PLUS what are we supposed to do after the draft? We have to make predictions...I mean come on baseball can only be so entertaining!!!!

Comment

Need another corner desperately. Chavis Jackson seems like a perfect fit.

Comment

Working...
                  X