Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urlacher on way out of Chicago?

Per a KFFL article.

Mike Mulligan of the Chicago Sun Times has reported that Urlacher's agent has asked the team to explore trade options, as Urlacher feels he has outplayed his current contract and wants more money.

Thats insane considering his current contrack is paying him a base salary of 4 mil this year and 5 mil next year, over 6 mil in 2010 and over 7 mil in 2011. That doesn't even include his annual $50,oo0 a year work out bonus

That's surprising. I wouldn't want to see Urlacher in another uniform.

Comment

Here is a link that talks about the situation...

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mulli...bear18.article

Which includes Urlacher threatening medical retirement...

I think its a bad idea on Urlacher's part. He will be 30 when the season starts, not necessarily the best age to start trying to throw our weight around, since its considered the peaking moment before things go down hill...

Comment

Forgot to mention the threat of ritirement using his neck surgery as a cover.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

...no he didn't

Comment

Originally posted by NoNonsenseCoach View Post
            ...no he didn't
            According to the article, he did...

Comment

It was reported on ESPN First Take this morning. So yea he did. Two sources from different parts on the country is a definate confirmation.
              If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

It was also on Mike and Mike this morning, he was using his injuries as an excuse, but that doesnt provide leverage, only an excuse for the team not to sign him.
                Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

It provides him an out Drums. I did it in high school, wasnt getting along with my coach. So I know. I was an a$$.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                    According to the article, he did...
                    i was responding to Joeys post saying that you ...

Comment

It was on First Take, and on Mike and Mike. So. I doubt they made it up NNC.

Comment

Originally posted by Craig Smith View Post
                        Here is a link that talks about the situation...

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/mulli...bear18.article

I think its a bad idea on Urlacher's part. He will be 30 when the season starts, not necessarily the best age to start trying to throw our weight around, since its considered the peaking moment before things go down hill...
                        Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
                        ...no he didn't
                        I guess what I meant to say was, "No Joey, Craig Smith did not forget to mention the threat of retirement. He clearly brings it up right here...
                        Clarified?

Comment

I guess what I meant to say was, "No Joey, Craig Smith did not forget to mention the threat of retirement. He clearly brings it up right here...
                          Clarified?
                          Ah ok. I got ya. Miscommunication. That's cool.

However to feed my ever growing ego I will also take it as an apology. lol

Comment

lol sure, an apology it is.

Comment

Here is what is posted on Rotoworld.com:

"Brian Urlacher called a report in the Chicago Sun Times that he may be threatening to retire a "gossip column."

"I never said that I was going to quit," Urlacher claims. "Reports like that is why I choose not to speak to the media." Urlacher says the Bears are offering him a one-year extension. They're right to hesitate considering his uneven play in 2007, offseason neck surgery, arthritic back, and age (30 in May)."
                              "I love me some me!"

Comment

Working...
                              X