Make your bold NFL draft claims here!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make your bold NFL draft claims here!

Everybody has made them in the past, pointing who will be bust, who will be a steal, what player will have the best teeth etc. Post those here. They don't *have* to be bold, but it would be cool that way.

-Jake Long will be a perennial Pro Bowl offensive tackle

-Darren McFadden will never meet the expectations set for him. He'll be RBBC his entire career, face significant injuries and not accumulate a lot of yards

-Rashard Mendenhall and Jonathan Stewart are going to be completely abused and at least one of the two will retire before the age of 30.

-Felix Jones will be at best be a change of pace/3rd down back in the NFL

-Limas Sweed will be the best wide receiver to come out of this draft.

-Matt Ryan will be the next Tim Couch.

-Brian Brohm will be the only quarterback that will have significant, long-term success as a starter.

-Vernon Gholston will be more like Mario Williams than Mike Mamula

-Ray Rice is the next Maurice Jones-Drew.

-Of the following tackles: Jake Long, Ryan Clady, Jeff Otah and Chris Williams, Otah will have the most disappointing career

-Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie will not be as good as his cousin

-Antoine Cason is the most underrated cornerback in this draft class and will make at least one Pro Bowl during his NFL career

-Aqib Talib is Pacman Jones, minus the talent: Caveat emptor!

-Not a single safety in this draft class will ever make it to more than one Pro Bowl during their career.

-Ali Highsmith will have a far better career than most people expect

-Dustin Keller will be at best an average H-Back in the NFL
    Last edited by SuperUberBob; 04-18-2008, 09:09 PM.

Rorshach's Journal

-Matt Ryan will not be the franchise QB everyone is making him out to be.

-Darren McFadden will lead rookie RBs in yards and touchdown.

-Brian Brohm will be most successful QB in draft.

-Texans will not draft a RB in round 1.

-Vernon Gholston will have more sacks than Chris Long.

-Baltimore will not select Ryan at #8 if he is there.

-John David Booty will be a draft steal in the late rounds

Will add some later when I think more

Comment

-Jonathon Stewart will win OROY.
      -Glenn Dorsey will win DROY.
      -He'll also only have a 5 year career.
      -Matt Ryan will be the franchise QB everyone is not making him out to be.
      -Vernon Gholston will be a better athlete than a football player and bust.
      -Tashard Choice will be a very good pickup at RB.
      -Jerome Simpson will go in the third round and enjoy a solid career as a #2.
      -Joe Flacco will struggle with footwork and pocket presence his entire career.
      -Ryan Clady will be the best T to come out of the draft.
      -Zach Bowman will make the team that drafted him very happy two years from now.
      -DRC will go higher than Mike Jenkins, but Jenkins will be better.
      -Dennis Dixon will get cut in training camp.
      -Brandon Flowers will be a safety within two years.
      -Matt Ryan will draw comparisons to Peyton Manning based on his game preparations
      -Brian Brohm, Matt Ryan and Chad Henne will combine for eight pro bowls within 5 years.
      -Kendall Langford will get drafted at the top of the third round and be starter in his sophmore season.
      -Andre Woodson will go in the fourth round
      Last edited by PuppyPuncher; 04-19-2008, 10:49 PM.

Comment

-Matt Ryan is my number 3 rated quarterback behind Brian Brohm and Andre Woodson.

-Darren McFadden is my number 3 Running Back behind Rashard Mendenhall and Johnathan Steward.

-Brandon Albert is the best offensive lineman in this draft.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
        Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Originally posted by Joey_Potter View Post
          -Matt Ryan is my number 3 rated quarterback behind Brian Brohm and Andre Woodson.

-Darren McFadden is my number 3 Running Back behind Rashard Mendenhall and Johnathan Steward.

-Brandon Albert is the best offensive lineman in this draft.
          You win the title of bold.

Comment

-Chris Long will get HOF consideration at end of his career
            -Andre Woodson will be considered to be the best QB out of this draft class
            -Best WR out of this class will be Earl Bennett.
            -Biggest draft bust will be Darren McFadden 5 years down the road (I expect a great rookie season like Reggie Bush, then teams will adjust).
            -Steals of the Draft will be Steve Johnson and Ali Highsmith if taken in 3rd round plus.
            2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              -Chris Long will get HOF consideration at end of his career
              -Andre Woodson will be considered to be the best QB out of this draft class
              -Best WR out of this class will be Earl Bennett.
              -Biggest draft bust will be Darren McFadden 5 years down the road (I expect a great rookie season like Reggie Bush, then teams will adjust).
              -Steals of the Draft will be Steve Johnson and Ali Highsmith if taken in 3rd round plus.
              The old Bold King is dead. Long live the new Bold King.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                The old Bold King is dead. Long live the new Bold King.
                D*mn you all! At least I still have my quote about crow.
                If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
                Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

-Andre Woodson will never start more than 1 full season.

-This draft will go 7 rounds

-Jamaal Charles will be better than Darren McFadden

-Brandon Albert will either bust or won't play LT (good G though)

-Chris Williams will have a better career than Jake Long

-Joe Flacco will be the next Rex Grossman

-The best WR in the draft will be a late rounder who was completely over looked.

Comment

Andre Woodson will be the next Akili Smith.

Darren McFadden will never live up to his hype.

Dustin Keller will be hurt all of the time and never amount anything more than one of those players who shows a few flashes of greatness before winding up on IR.

None of the WR's drafted in the first round will ever be considered great.

Brian Brohm will be the most successful player in the entire draft class. (Note: Unless he gets picked by Atlanta.)
                    sigpic
                    WFB Comments on Vikings @ Steelers Game Rigging
                    PuppyPuncher:"It sure was nice enough of Roger Goodell to let the refs from Ark-Florida officiate the Vikings-Steelers game"
                    NoNonsenseCoach:"As a Steelers fan living in Pittsburgh I can still admit that tripping penalty was a complete ghost call."
                    Simonds:"The tripping call was awful, yes, but there were a number of other absurd calls that went against the Vikings, including a DEFENSIVE delay of game penalty against the Vikings only called after a failed attempt to convert a third and 2 by the Steelers. Even the commentators were utterly floored that the refs made that call."
                    Wraith36444:"A shady tripping call on Minnesota essentially gave the game to the Steelers. The Vikings were the better team, but it is too hard to beat a decent team and the refs. Oh and Harvin is the man."
                    MaineMan:"I have to agree that it was an awful call and that it changed the outcome. Overall a great game by the Vikes and tragic that the well-deserved victory was stolen away like that."
                    PaddyPatriot:"I've seen this play and I have to agree, I can't believe they called it tripping"
                    Johndoe:"You know the officiating is bad when a Steeler's fan, like myself, thinks it was pretty bad."
                    Steelers_Pens_Fan:"I will admit that the whole "tripping" thing probably shouldn't have been a flag."
                    ZN0rseman:"It's great to know that good old fashioned pro football game rigging is still alive and well in America."
                    Klunker18:"I'm with Z on this one. Definitely one of those games that makes you wonder if the NFL wants certain teams to win."
                    TRICKaz"I agree that was a BS call"
                    InjuredReserve:"Have yet to hear anyone say it was the right call. Seems as if the Vikings were cheated a bit."
                    Eagles4Life:"Coaches just need to be able to challenge penalties"
                    EL_Guapo:"The tripping call was bad, the delay of game was stupid Either way, the Vikings showed they are a top team."
                    EllijayFalconsFan:"The tripping penalty was rediculous."
                    Archon095:"Even as a Steeler fan I agree that the call was bull."
                    BroncosCon:"I'm sorry that was a total bull**** call and it changed the outcome of the game. Pittsburgh still won, but it was almost like Denver winning at Cincy."

Tony Dungy:"The Vikings are just one bad tripping penalty away from being undefeated.
                    Jon Gruden:"That was just a bad, bad call. It cost the Vikings an important win at Pittsburgh, and it could really hurt them in the post season."

Comment

Originally posted by ZN0rseman View Post
                      None of the WR's drafted in the first round will ever be considered great.
                      That by no means is a bold prediction (Mayock didn't give any WR a first round grade), nor Woodson being the next Akili Smith (which I am sure you would not say Smith if Woodson wasn't black) because everyone hates on him anyways.
                      Last edited by Matt McGuire; 04-19-2008, 01:51 AM.
                      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Here are the predictions I made on Feb 19th:

Originally posted by me
                        Guys who will become NFL STUDS
                        DT Sedric Ellis
                        QB Matt Ryan
                        QB Chad Henne
                        WR Adrian Arrington
                        CB Dominique Rodgers Cromartie
                        RB Rashard Mendenhall
                        TE Jermichael Finley
                        RB Jamaal Charles
                        WR Early Doucet
                        QB John David Booty

Guys who will become NFL BUSTS
                        RB Darren McFadden
                        FS Kenny Phillips
                        QB Andre Woodson
                        DE Calais Campbell
                        RB Tashard Choice
                        RB Mike Hart
                        I'll follow that up with:

Adrian Arrington will turn out to be better than Mario Manningham.

Calais Campbell will be out of the league in 2011.

Chad Henne will have the best pro career of all QBs in this draft, followed by JD Booty.

Ben Moffitt out of USF will be a late rounder, or possibly UDFA, but he will make it to at least one Pro Bowl.

Kyle Orton will be remembered as a better NFL QB than Joe Flacco.
                        NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

WTF??? My post dissapeared. Anyway:

Andre Woodson will go #1 in every redraft
                          Johnathan Stewart will be forced to retire by injuries
                          Dustin Keller will be looked back on as one of the biggest busts of this year's draft...
                          along with Calais Campbell

Comment

In hindsight Andre Woodson will be viewed as the best QB of the class

McFadden will be seen as an inept and pathetic attempt at obtaining the next AP

Matt Ryan will be a solid QB, making 1 pro bowl and 4 playoff apperances

Limas Sweed will be a pro bowler

Steve Slaton, in round 3, will prove that he is underrated and provide a playoff calibar team with a superb change of pace back, at least garnering 35 percent of the carries.

Comment

when all is said and done josh johnson will be seen as the best QB from this class

derrick harvey will bust

vernon gholston will be the number 1 selection

Comment

Working...
                              X