Possible New Orleans Trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible New Orleans Trade

Sportscenter just reported that the New Orleans Saints offered a Second Round Pick to the Giants for Jeremy Shockey.

Good Deal or Bad?
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Marginal trade for NO given his history of injuries, good trade for NYG if he doesn't want to play there anymore

Comment

Good if they can control his temper.

Comment

Good. The guy keeps on getting injured and doesn't produce at the rate he is capable of.

Rorshach's Journal

Comment

Terrible trade. Why not just keep the 2nd rd pick, dont draft anybody, and continually list that pick on IR.
          Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Giants seem to want a first round pick or Second and additional according to ESPN. So I dont see this happening. Shockey isnt worth it.
            If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
            Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Shockey isn't worth it, but some team will overpay.

Comment

I think Jeremy Shockey would be a massive upgrade on their current TE's. And they could then use a 4th or 5th round pick on Jermichael Finley and develop him

Comment

id love to see shockey out of the NFC east, wait nvm hes played like 20games..

honestly tho this would be good for both teams considering that shockey is claiming that he will sit out the year. For the saints sake, hopefully he stays healthy.
                  Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

He would be deadly in the saints offense though, that would be scary if he can stay healthy.

Depends on what you have to give up to get him, but I think he lacks toughness, wont play through injuries and is a locker room cancer.
                    Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

The Saints offered this trade like 2 months ago and got knocked back, not going to happen now either.

The change in Eli's fortunes was down to having a quality slot receiver in Steve Smith and not a pile of trash like Sinorice Moss.

Comment

Schefter said I blieve that NO offered a late round pick and a late round pick in 2009.
                        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

It could be a great trade or it could be a horrible trade. Personly I think it would be a god trade. I think Brees would be able to control Shockeys temper better than Eli did. Also people forget that during Shockeys rookie season witch was also his best season Sean peyton was the ofensive coordinator. So if shockey becomes a Saint he might blow up and be better than ever.

Comment

Y'know, Shockey has only had one season where he missed significant time (2003, where he only played 9 games). Every other year, he's made at least 14-15. I don't know if he was rested for the final game of some years or what the situation was there, but it's not quite like he spends every season on the DL. 83/96 regular season games isn't terrible.

Shockey is a reliable 55-65 reception guy who's pretty much hit his physical prime. He puts up better numbers than Dallas Clark, who is widely considered to be an elite TE. I won't argue that he's been a problem in the locker room, but I think that's because he was frustrated that Eli hadn't developed as a QB. We'll see how things change this season. They may not. If Shockey's problem before was he didn't feel he had a proven QB on the team, then he'll be fine, either in NY or NO.
                            Last edited by Blazedestin; 04-20-2008, 03:43 AM.
                            - Also known as Dan.
                            - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Good for Giants
                              Walter got PWN3D
                              Rams GM

Picks
                              2. Jake Long, OT, Michigan
                              33.Cliff Avril, DE, Purdue
                              65.Tom Zbikowski, S, Notre Dame
                              101.Tavares Gooden, LB, Miami
                              137.Dennis Dixon, QB, Oregon
                              168.Maurice Purify-WR-Nebraska
                              180.Justin Forsett-RB-Cal