Sollution to the #1 Overall Pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sollution to the #1 Overall Pick

49ers Coach Mike Nolan has the perfect solution to not having to pay #1 Overall money if you have the #1 Overall Pick with no clear cut #1 player.

Nolan says the obvious answer is to let your clock run out. Go down three or four picks. Then say I'll take that guy right there.

As crazy as this sounds I think it would work.
    If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
    Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Is that possible? If you time out you can choose to make your decision whenever you like?

Comment

yeah minnesota did it (unintentionally) a few years ago

Comment

Dallas did it (intentionally) a few times over the last 10 years.
        If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

MN did it in back to back drafts...

That only helps 1 team though, then #2 becomes #1 and gets paid. That would create a logjam for 4 hours until somebody jumped up and took a player. Berman would have a kiniption (sp) trying to do commentary

on second though, great idea!
          Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Parcells would do it purely on entertainment value.

Comment

Which drafts were they?

Comment

I cant remember what I did last week (Concussions). Think it was twice in the late 90's for Dallas. Not sure the exact year.

Comment

This may be the residue of too much booze last night and the after shock of the ugly girl this morning, but for some reason I think they did it with McKinnie too?

Comment

No, I don't think so. Then again, I'm not feeling so great either, so who knows.

Comment

I bet if Miami did that, then no one would make their pick. Then during the draft Goodell would command the draft start over and if Miami doesn't make their pick then it is forfeited.
                      2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Miami could just admit to taping all the teams they beat last year, and as a self imposed penalty they forfiet thier 1st rd selection... every team does this, then the true #1 is actually the first pick of the 2nd round, and thus the salary is reduced. The teams can just agree on this, and since the NFL is exempt from the anti trust laws the owners cant be prosecuted for collusion.

Comment

hes going to philadelphia,

superbowlz.
                          Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bwest36 View Post
                            hes going to philadelphia,

superbowlz.
                            Who is?

Comment

LOL BWEST your back man!!!!! Prolly not for long though
                              2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Working...
                              X