No announcement yet.

Matt McGuire's Pre-Draft Analysis: San Diego Chargers and San Francisco 49ers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt McGuire's Pre-Draft Analysis: San Diego Chargers and San Francisco 49ers

http://walterfootball.com/mattpredraftsd.php - Chargers

http://walterfootball.com/mattpredraftsf.php - 49ers
    2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

In the 49ers draft you have Sam Baker listed as a possible replacement at guard in the 3rd round range. Did his terrible pro day take him out of consideration for a tackle, or do you just feel he needs time to develop and would be better suited at guard early in his career?
    Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

I really do not see the Chargers taking a corner when they had the most turnovers in the league and they rate Paul Oliver highly.

I see RT, S, MLB as the positions they are most likely to look at.

Comment

Originally posted by giantsfanmike View Post
        I really do not see the Chargers taking a corner when they had the most turnovers in the league and they rate Paul Oliver highly.

I see RT, S, MLB as the positions they are most likely to look at.
        Those turnovers were all thanks to Cromartie, and Oliver is said to move to safety.

Originally posted by Drumsteroo View Post
        In the 49ers draft you have Sam Baker listed as a possible replacement at guard in the 3rd round range. Did his terrible pro day take him out of consideration for a tackle, or do you just feel he needs time to develop and would be better suited at guard early in his career?
        I've always said Baker is a guard.
        2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Comment

Most people have him rated as a tackle, some had him in the 1st round at tackle until that pro day debacal. I didnt notice you had him at guard in the prev mocks. What about him makes you say hes more of a guard?

Comment

He's small with slightly short arms. Thin frame. I love his athletic ability and pass protection at guard.

Think Alan Faneca. Baker is a great fit for teams like the Coltsl, Broncos, Texans, and Patriots.

Comment

Hes listed at 6-5 and 312 lbs, thats hardly thin. If were comparing him to Faneca then he belongs in the 1st round again

I just read his profile on nfl.com and they said he struggles in space, has trouble at the 2nd level and would be better suited to in-line blocking. I guess thats the definition of a guard...

Where does he rank, in your opinion, with the other guards in this draft then, assuming no team considers him a tackle?

Comment

He's really closer to 6'4 and 305 from what I've read. That's small for a LT, and way too small for a RT.

I think as a guard he is the 2nd best one in this class behind Albert, and he is in the late 2nd/early 3rd round draft range.

Baker can play T in a zbs.

Comment

Thanks, now I know to be pissed if Chicago takes him as a tackle....

Comment

Working...
                  X