X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Football Team in L.A?

Soon there may be a team in L.A with this new stadium
    http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

"The one obvious obstacle standing in the way is a tenant for the new stadium. Possibilities might include the New Orleans Saints, Jacksonville Jaguars, Minnesota Vikings and San Diego Chargers because of their stadium uncertainties."

I'm still waiting for that Toronto team.

Comment

Can you say 'Toronto Bills' in 2012
      Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumsteroo View Post
        Can you say 'Toronto Bills' in 2012
        If the team is move, Toronto isn't allowed to use Bills, apparently.

Comment

Well then lets go with the 'toronto puppypunchers'

I would file paperwork to trademark your forum name

Comment

on second thought, that might not go over too well with dog lovers and PETA... well need something else.

Comment

Buffalo sells out a lot more than JAX so they should be the 1st to move. Don't know about the other teams

Comment

Oakland may move again. They never sell out their games anyway.

Comment

Hey, this almost sounds somewhat possible. The only way it's going to happen is if some billionaire private individual funds the project themselves.

If a team were to move to LA, it would be Jacksonville. Buffalo would only be moving to Toronto, because they already have a large fanbase there.

Comment

I don't think I could still be a Jags fan if they moved...

Comment

Toronto Fans are what allow Bills games to be seen on TV in Buffalo. My friend went to school in Buffalo in the mid 90s, and their games were blacked out every week. It's only since they began heavily marketing in Toronto that they sell out every game.

As for who will move to LA? The Jags. Jacksonville is just way too small a market to support and NFL team. For geographical reasons with team travel, I suspect they could always swap the Chiefs to the AFC South and the Jags to the West.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluto View Post
                        For geographical reasons with team travel, I suspect they could always swap the Chiefs to the AFC South and the Jags to the West.
                        Eh....I have a hard time seeing that happen. The Chiefs have been in the same division with the same teams for too long. The NFL would be extremely hesitant to move them, fearing the outcry. You won't see Dallas moving out of the NFC East anytime soon either.

The Jags would probably stay in the AFC South for a while until they had things figured out. LA is indeed geographically "south", but yeah, the time zones would be killer and they have nothing in common with the other "South" teams.

Comment

**** La.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumsteroo View Post
                            Well then lets go with the 'toronto puppypunchers'
                            They could sign Michael Vick as their QB...

Actually I hope Jacksonville stays. I like small market teams...
                            Forgive me I'm Swedish!

Comment

Yeah, the geographical thing has always bugged me - like having the Colts in a division with Jacksonville, Houston, and Tennessee...doesn't make sense.

Putting LA, Houston, Indianapolis, and Nashville all in one division? It's like having a division with one team each from the south, north, east, and west. Dumb.

LA Tech being in the WAC in college football also bugs the crap outta me, haha. I guess I'm so ridiculously neat and anal that it carries over to stuff like this at times.

Anyway, hopefully the Jags will stay...

Comment

Working...
                              X