Calvin Johnson hooked on Vicodin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calvin Johnson hooked on Vicodin

Just read on nflgridirongab.com that in the latter part of the season Johnson was taking the pain killer tablets twice a game. Wow, so he and House have something in common. I just wonder though how it would have affected his mental performance.

It looks like the back problem that caused the pain should be resolved for next season so it was interesting Johnson's claim that 1,200 yards is attainable. Certainly if he managed 750 in his rookie year with a bad back and a need for opiates, would anyone be surprised it he passed this mark?

Jimmy, being a Doc, what is that called when you have a deep bruise at the top of the glute muscles, just below the small of the back that stays hard and lumpy for a long time?

That's what he had that was bothering him last year and he says he can still feel it, although it doesn't hurt anymore.

To answer your question, I have no doubt he can do it if the Lions can put the ball in his hands.

Comment

Brett Favre used the stuff to keep his streak alive. Iron man has some chemical help.
      Bears offseason wish list:

Jay Cutler, I am good, for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Drumsteroo View Post
        Brett Favre used the stuff to keep his streak alive. Iron man has some chemical help.
        favre never took vicodin before a game. he used it all week to practice and for some recreation.

Comment

Originally posted by animal52 View Post
          Jimmy, being a Doc, what is that called when you have a deep bruise at the top of the glute muscles, just below the small of the back that stays hard and lumpy for a long time?

That's what he had that was bothering him last year and he says he can still feel it, although it doesn't hurt anymore.

To answer your question, I have no doubt he can do it if the Lions can put the ball in his hands.
          isn't that just a contusion? sounds like one to me

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
            isn't that just a contusion? sounds like one to me
            I've heard there's a different name for it, and I've also heard that, for some reason, such a type of contusion is different in that area.

Comment

I've heard there's a different name for it, and I've also heard that, for some reason, such a type of contusion is different in that area.
              Bone Bruise?
              WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
              Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Why did you say he's hooked on vicodin?
                Chi-Towns Finest!

Comment

what is that called when you have a deep bruise that stays hard and lumpy for a long time?
                  Those are called Hematomas.
                  Do or do not. There is no try.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyP View Post
                    Those are called Hematomas.
                    That's it.

Comment

I had one of those once. Not fun.

Comment

That really sucks. I felt like 750 yards for a rookie WR was pretty good. He must have a lot of pressure on him since he was touted as a hall of famer even before the draft started.

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
                          That really sucks. I felt like 750 yards for a rookie WR was pretty good. He must have a lot of pressure on him since he was touted as a hall of famer even before the draft started.
                          Yeah good point. Plus we all now rookie WRs never have the same success as RBs.

Comment

i dont think taking vikes during a game will cloud him mentally.... whenever i took them i actually felt pretty sharp. of course if you throw alcohol into the mix, goodnight!
                            NY Giants fan since birth.

Comment

Working...
                            X