X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slip by Jeff Ireland? Or head games?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3351721

How come no one has posted this yet?

My dad heard it on the radio, and he said it really sounded like Ireland slipped. I don't know, this is getting down the wire, but I'm sticking with Chris Long and sticking with the lock.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I think it will be Chris Long but I'm not crazy enough to call it a lock.
    (this is where Matt responds "crazy like a fox")
    www.Elemental-Designs.com

Comment

I feel like it should be Chris Long but it could be Vernon Gholston. He fits that mold of athletic pass rusher that Parcells likes. He did pick Demarcus Ware over Shawne Merriman.

Comment

Yeah I don't see how you can call it a lock but I'm still sticking with Howie's kid.
        2016 NFL Mock Draft

Sales Tips, Sales Techniques, Sales Planning and Sales Blogs to Increase Sales Commissions

Comment

Originally posted by PuppyPuncher View Post
          I feel like it should be Chris Long but it could be Vernon Gholston. He fits that mold of athletic pass rusher that Parcells likes. He did pick Demarcus Ware over Shawne Merriman.
          Plus Gholston may be more willing to take the Dolphins offer.......Who knows......I can see a argument for all three. My guess is still Chris.

Comment

You can hear it on the front page. It is in the MIke and Mike Podcast with Kiper and titled "Ryan's no franchise QB"

Mel Kiper said, if Matt Ryan slips past the Ravens he will retire.

Could I be NEXT?
            Last edited by Matt McGuire; 04-21-2008, 01:21 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
              You can hear it on the front page. It is in the MIke and Mike Podcast with Kiper and titled "Ryan's no franchise QB"
              I heard it last week on sirius radio. Definitely makes you pause and think.

Comment

Ireland might have practiced it, but you never know why it happened.

What I do know is that Chris Long is a LOCK.

Comment

Gholston had more reps on the bench and is faster than Chris Long. Though not good arguments, there are arguments as to why Gholston might go ahead of Long...

That being said, DE is obviously a lock. Long? Long would be the logical option, but I'm not 100% convinced.
                  - Also known as Dan.
                  - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                    Gholston had more reps on the bench and is faster than Chris Long. Though not good arguments, there are arguments as to why Gholston might go ahead of Long...

That being said, DE is obviously a lock. Long? Long would be the logical option, but I'm not 100% convinced.
                    That's how I feel too. Chris Long will be a better player than Gholston and is in a tier along with Glenn Dorsey above him. But you can't stop Parcells if he likes seeing Gholston. Maybe it will provide a motivational boost to Chris Long.

Comment

Originally posted by Blazedestin View Post
                      Are you seriously going to ****ing sit here and debate miniscule bench presses and forty times?

Long is a great athlete as well, granted Gholston is more quick twitch, but I think Chris Long has better agility and instincts (not to mention he is an explosive football player).

How many games have you seen Chris Long play Blaze? I only have 3 Virginia tapes in my closet, but I have watched each one about 15 times. This kid is an elite prospect, and I couldn't ask much more out of a football player.

Gholston on the other hand lacks great instincts and doesn't have a consistent motor. Technique is poor at times.

I watch game film. You watch the combine. This is where we differ.

Comment

Maybe it will provide a motivational boost to Chris Long.
                        LOL With Chris Long's motor you think he needs a "motivational boost"???? HAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAH

I'm surrounded by idiots.

Comment

Are you seriously going to ****ing sit here and debate miniscule bench presses and forty times?

Long is a great athlete as well, granted Gholston is more quick twitch, but I think Chris Long has better agility and instincts (not to mention he is an explosive football player).

How many games have you seen Chris Long play Blaze? I only have 3 Virginia tapes in my closet, but I have watched each one about 15 times. This kid is an elite prospect, and I couldn't ask much more out of a football player.

Gholston on the other hand lacks great instincts and doesn't have a consistent motor. Technique is poor at times.

I watch game film. You watch the combine. This is where we differ.
                          We're not arguing who is a better player, but it's not like teams have never chosen worse prospects than one's available.

Comment

We're not arguing who is a better player, but it's not like teams have never chosen worse prospects than one's available.
                            We are talking about the #1 pick. Not 7. Not 20. Not 153. #1.

You can not mess this pick up. Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland won't mess this pick up. Chris Long is the lock.

Comment

We are talking about the #1 pick. Not 7. Not 20. Not 153. #1.

You can not mess this pick up. Bill Parcells and Jeff Ireland won't mess this pick up. Chris Long is the lock.
                              You'll see. You'll see. MUAHAHAHAHA

Comment

Working...
                              X