Which prospect would you rather have?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which prospect would you rather have?

Here are two anonymous scouting reports (if you reveal who they are then you will receive an infraction). If you have a top ten pick, just based on these reports, vote on which player you would rather have. Draft Day Eve, I will reveal who these players are...both are OT prospects.

Player A:

Strengths: A mammoth OT prospect. Can simply engulf defenders at the POA with his massive size. He is quick and has the feet to consistently get in position. Has good initial quickness for his size. He shows a quick set in pass protection. Rarely gets beat around the edge with pure speed. An elite athlete for the position. Shows balance and will rarely get caught on his heels. Really shuffles his feet well and stays under control in pass pro. Has long arms and does a very good job of forcing a wide arc from edge rushers. Has tremendous upside because of his rare combination of size and athleticism. Is fluid and shows good body control for his size. Also runs very well for a 320-pound OT.

Weaknesses: Needs to be more physical and technically sound. He doesn't always take great angles and will do a poor job at times with his first step. He is very athletic, but won't look it when he comes out of his stance high and plays too erect. He still needs to improve his hand-placement and overall awareness in pass pro. Also will need to improve his upper body power in order to jar DL upon initial contact.

Player B:

Strengths: An experienced, technically sound OT prospect with great size-potential. Is versatile; has experience at left and right tackle and could play either/both in the NFL. Also has proven capable of performing at a high level in power-run scheme and new zone-blocking scheme. Possesses excellent height, adequate bulk and the frame to get bigger if necessary. He has a massive wingspan with long arms and big hands. A natural knee-bender; he gets set quickly in pass pro, plays with good body lean and rarely gets caught lunging. He shuffles his feet quickly and can get back inside to defend double move. Uses long arms and powerful punch to jar defenders and run them wide as pass rushers. Shows excellent awareness in pass pro; consistently gives inside help and does an great job of picking up stunts, twists and blitzes. He takes very good angles as a run blocker. Has adapted very well zone-blocking and shows the mobility to execute in a similar scheme in the NFL. He has good upper-and-lower body strength as a run blocker. Also works hard to sustain and shows a good mean streak.

Weaknesses: Lacks elite mobility for an elite OT prospect. Has enough quickness and balance to perform at a high level in the NFL, but he is not as nimble as former top OT prospects such as Orlando Pace (Rams), Jonathan Ogden (Ravens), and D'Brickashaw Ferguson (Jets)...Durability is somewhat of a concern after he missed the first seven games of the 2005 season with an ankle/foot injury.
    Player A
    41.67%
    Player B
    58.33%
    Last edited by Matt McGuire; 04-22-2008, 12:11 AM.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

Player B

Comment

Vote maybe?

Comment

i picked b, reason - going by the scouting report, A has to many Key weaknesses my likeing. As for Player B, i love the fact that he is versatile, that to me shows that he has the smarts to succced in this business, also gotta live the experience + Great size Potential.
        Last edited by bwest36; 04-22-2008, 12:08 AM.
        Philadelphia Eagles - One.Team.Dream.City

sigpic

Comment

these are incomplete scouting reports. it's like apples and oranges. i'll take the DE.

Comment

I want you to know my opinion...I can read.

Comment

a

Comment

I said A..

Comment

Sorta sucks that I am pretty sure who both of these guys are.

A.

Rorshach's Journal

Comment

I'll say B, i am pretty sure i know who they both are as well.

With B you getting someone who can play in any scheme whether is man blocking or zone blocking and a man that can play both tackle positions. I also prefer run oriented offenses, so excelling at run blocking is a bonus if i am picking between the two. Probably from all those years watching Barry Sanders run, but whatever...

By the way if i had to guess, i would say A. is _______ and B is _________
                    Last edited by Vbsiena; 04-22-2008, 10:02 AM.

Comment

Craig I gotta edit that last line of yours so Matt doesn't hit you with an infraction.
                      WalterFootball.com Forum Moderator

Siena NFL ATS Record(TBD)
                      Down LOSING Units Through Week 16

Comment

Originally posted by vbsiena24 View Post
                        Craig I gotta edit that last line of yours so Matt doesn't hit you with an infraction.
                        No big deal V

Comment

Based off the scouting reports B has be the choice

Comment

Originally posted by starqb14 View Post
                            these are incomplete scouting reports. it's like apples and oranges. i'll take the DE.
                            DE? I didn't see a third option.

Who are these guys Matt?

Oh and I'd take player B as well. You can be the absolute physical prototype with elite athleticism and everything, but if you don't play smart you'll never be a great player. The HOF is littered with guys with less than elite physical talent who just played the game well.

Comment

Player A is Alex Barron.

Player B is Jake Long.

Comment

Working...
                              X