No announcement yet.

With the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select Jake Long

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• With the first pick in the 2008 NFL Draft, the Miami Dolphins select Jake Long

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=3358424

They will regret this for years.
    2014-2015 Kentucky Wildcats (38-1)

Congrats to Wisconsin. Even more congrats to UK haters.

I'm not sure how much they will regret this.

If Craig Smith is right, and they slap Jake Long on the right side of the line, he can work well. He'll make a few pro bowls there, especially if the Dolphins provide some veteran leadership on the line later on.

However, Chris Long is an insane player who provides personality and fangs to the defensive front seven who only comes around once every few years.

Jake Long at RT is a waste of a first overall pick. They'd have been better served trying to trade up to acquire Gosder Cherlius, who won't be that much worse at RT.
    - Also known as Dan.
    - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

Bad call. Love Parcells, dont like the pick.
      If you like quality gaming, conversation, and crazy antics of Chunder, the live stream of Chunderfluff, live, on Twitch.com. Come join the fun at http://www.twitch.tv/chunderfluff#/w...rce=20121004en

Kermit The Frog + Miss Piggy = Yoda
      Moral of this story: USE CONDOMS KIDS! NEVER KNOW WHAT WEIRD LITTLE JEDI MIGHT POP OUT IF YOU DON'T!

Comment

Would have been a great pick if Long was a great LT, not RT. Not the best pick, but by no means a bad one.

Comment

Parcells has hardly been perfect when drafting talent.

You don't draft an average athlete #1 overall draft.

Comment

Originally posted by bbix1134 View Post
            Would have been a great pick if Long was a great LT, not RT. Not the best pick, but by no means a bad one.
            It's a bad pick for so many reasons.

Was Robert Gallery a bad pick on draft day? Leonard Davis? Tony Mandarich? MIke Williams?

Comment

Well , I dont know why he did but he most have his reasons.

We will have to wait until the news conference.

Good that I didnt update my (german) mock for a very longt time

Comment

Woot, I was right. Suck it Matt.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                  Woot, I was right. Suck it Matt.
                  This doesn't mean it's the right decision, you know. We were all under the assumption that Bill Parcells wasn't completely delusional.

A much better idea would have been trading #32 and #100 to the Chargers for #27. It's purely identical (680 TVC Points each). The Chargers need the extra picks, and the Dolphins could have gotten Carl Nicks, Gosder Cherlius, or maybe Jeff Otah there.
                  - Also known as Dan.
                  - Also known as the footballclod, where I do my own fantasy football and other football related stuff. -> www.footballclod.wordpress.com

Comment

i'd like to know where people are getting the idea that he's going to play RT

Comment

Originally posted by princefielder28 View Post
                      i'd like to know where people are getting the idea that he's going to play RT
                      He's not agile enough to be an elite LT. He is however, big enough, strong enough, and nasty enough to be an elite mauling right tackle in this league.
                      - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt McGuire View Post
                        It's a bad pick for so many reasons.

Was Robert Gallery a bad pick on draft day? Leonard Davis? Tony Mandarich? MIke Williams?
                        Obviously we won't really know how good/bad this pick was for a few years, but to me Jake Long is a cut under Joe Thomas, who he beat as a junior for the Big Ten Offensive Lineman of the year. The only problem I see is that he is a better fit at RT, which means this isn't a great value pick.

Comment

I was right, and I think this is a good pick. He will have a solid career and make MIA fans happy.

Comment

Originally posted by 49ersfan View Post
                            I was right, and I think this is a good pick. He will have a solid career and make MIA fans happy.
                            He will make a few pro bowls if he's placed at RT.

However, I think Chris Long is the most likely candidate for DROY, and he's a rare player to see. I think he's one of the best DE's to come out in a while.
                            - Also known as Dan.

Comment

Miami is going to start him off as their LT; you don't spend the #1 pick on a player who, in your eyes, is going to be your RT for the next 10 years.

Comment

Working...
                              X