2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
    I feel like were gonna keep getting crazy trades this offseason, in part because teams see what PHI and NE did last year and want to emulate that, but mostly because, once Brees re-signs and Bell, Lawrence, and Robinson get tagged, this free agent class is straight trash.
    I see you guys got a bunch of comp picks again. We never do, because of always being over-active in free agency. I hope for once we just sign some of our own guys and don't bother with anyone else's.
    ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

I see you guys got a bunch of comp picks again. We never do, because of always being over-active in free agency. I hope for once we just sign some of our own guys and don't bother with anyone else's.
      ~
      Haha yeah, that's what happens when you lose half your team to free agency and don't sign anyone else's players. Then you get dudes like Crawford and T-Will locked into starting jobs they're not qualified for, on contracts the team can't get out of.

Life is all about trade-offs.
      CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

You could get the kid from UNC in the 5th round to do that (score return TDs), though.
        Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post
        I think you got 47 and 78 from us and that Moses was your own pick

Still, moving up for Lawrence wasn't even close to worth it unless he has some kind of 12 sack breakout season and someone overpays him and gets us a 3rd round comp pick
        Got 'em

Comment

Got 'em
          Ha! Which contract year player will you work your magic on in 2018?
          ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Ha! Which contract year player will you work your magic on in 2018?
            ~
            I'm guessing Byron Jones or David Irving will be on your team within 13 months.

Comment

And follow in the footsteps of Terrell McClain and Kevin Hatcher by never having a season that good again.
              ~

Comment

Is Dez is Dallas next year? Pay cut maybe?

Oh, and David Irving needs to go away. Draft Mo Hurst and leave Collins at 1-tech ffs.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Jags extend Bortles through 2020. So bummed, I really wanted Cousins in Jax. I think they could have put a halt to the Pats dominance.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Jags extend Bortles through 2020. So bummed, I really wanted Cousins in Jax. I think they could have put a halt to the Pats dominance.
                    Yeah. Cousins will likely head to Denver. I wonder if Bortles' deal is structured so he'd be easy to cut down the road if/when he sucks. It would almost have to be.
                    ​​​​​​
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Yeah. Cousins will likely head to Denver. I wonder if Bortles' deal is structured so he'd be easy to cut down the road if/when he sucks. It would almost have to be.
                      ​​​​​​
                      I would hope so, and I suppose Cousins going to Denver is better than him going to the Vikes. But, unless the Jags found out Cousins would Not sign there, I can't help but feel this is a monumental blunder.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Is Dez is Dallas next year? Pay cut maybe?

Oh, and David Irving needs to go away. Draft Mo Hurst and leave Collins at 1-tech ffs.
                        I would probably move on from Dez at this point, but I'm not sure they will. There's like no other way they can create cap room without pushing back a bunch of $ to dudes with injury histories.

Irving I would hate to see leave, make him prove he can play well in a contract year like D-Law before you decide to let him go.

Comment

I would probably move on from Dez at this point, but I'm not sure they will. There's like no other way they can create cap room without pushing back a bunch of $ to dudes with injury histories.

Irving I would hate to see leave, make him prove he can play well in a contract year like D-Law before you decide to let him go.
                          I just don't think Dak and Dez mesh. But, despite my posting history and what some might guess, I like Dez. I just wish he'd put some effort into running routes. But, really, he's a back shoulder fade, 50-50 ball, jump ball guy and that's it. Dak doesn't seem comfortable with those throws, so Dez isn't going to be worth the money.

Irving is like one strike away from Josh Gordon territory, and he's going to get that strike. He has a history going all the way back to high school. Get Mo Hurst, he's a perfect fit for Marinara. JMO.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Irving is like one strike away from Josh Gordon territory, and he's going to get that strike. He has a history going all the way back to high school. Get Mo Hurst, he's a perfect fit for Marinara. JMO.
                            I don't think that's the case, although I suppose you never know for sure. His suspension last year was for a supplement he was promoting that he didn't realize was banned. There's always something with him, which is why he's not getting paid here long term, but I don't think he's close to a year-long/lifetime ban. If anyone on this team is (other than Gregory), it's Zeke.

Personally I would sign a nose in free agency, draft Hurst, and keep Collins and Irving for '18. DL for daaaaaays. Never gonna happen though.

Comment

• I keep hearing about teams intrigued by Martavis Bryant but it seems a bit like smoke to me. But if someone wants him the Steelers should flip him for a defensive player. Juju is the #2 now anyways. Only problem would be depth: it's cloudy beyond AB, Juju, and MB thanks to Rodgers tearing an ACL and everyone else a likely candidate to be cut.
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                                I keep hearing about teams intrigued by Martavis Bryant but it seems a bit like smoke to me. But if someone wants him the Steelers should flip him for a defensive player. Juju is the #2 now anyways. Only problem would be depth: it's cloudy beyond AB, Juju, and MB thanks to Rodgers tearing an ACL and everyone else a likely candidate to be cut.
                                You can find depth in the middle of the draft or cheap free agents when you have a clear top two and a premier RB.
                                Personally, I'm hoping the Titans find a way to offload Kevin Dodd.

Comment

Working...
                                X