No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jordan Thomas is apparently winning the "I'm bigger than you in every way" award for TEs.

Mason Cole combine explains a lot. Average bench showing he isn't weak, but isn't overly strong either. Solid 40 and split showing his mobility. Then the tiny arms helping explain why a guy who moves that well with decent strength wasn't better at LT.

Originally posted by Daniel View Post
    Three RBs only got nine reps. That is insane.

Also, oh my God, please let the anti-hype on Fitzpatrick hold until pick 25.
    What's really crazy is that NCAA strength programs are supposed to make players quite a bit stronger than they were in high school. Did these guys never work out a day in their life before college? Nick Bawden is the most pathetic since he weighs 20 lbs more than what they were benching. How can you be a big back and not be at least moderately strong? Did he mess up or something?
    http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• So I guess Will Hernandez is a first rounder now. Dude is a stud.

Originally posted by kirmie View Post
      What's really crazy is that NCAA strength programs are supposed to make players quite a bit stronger than they were in high school. Did these guys never work out a day in their life before college? Nick Bawden is the most pathetic since he weighs 20 lbs more than what they were benching. How can you be a big back and not be at least moderately strong? Did he mess up or something?
      I know, right? I can get 9 reps of 225, and I'm a 5'8" 31 year old lawyer. There's weak guys every year, but this year is already looking pretty poor, strength-wise.

Comment

• So Billy Price suffered a biceps tear (partial, is the early word) within his first 3 reps at the bench press. If partial, he should be ready for the season's start and it might not hurt his draft stock at all.

BUT...if a guy known for playing angry suffers this type of injury, does it make you wonder if he was on the juice?
        ~

Comment

• For an idea of just how slow Orlando Brown's 5.85 40 was, the Lions have a female beat writer named Tori Petry who ran a sub 6 second 40 in heels.

Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
          So Billy Price suffered a biceps tear (partial, is the early word) within his first 3 reps at the bench press. If partial, he should be ready for the season's start and it might not hurt his draft stock at all.

BUT...if a guy known for playing angry suffers this type of injury, does it make you wonder if he was on the juice?
          ~
          I'd still take him on the Lions with the tear. If he was on the juice then if he becomes a Lions i hope he keeps the strength up and stays clean/never gets caught. If not a Lion then I hope Green Bay drafts him and he gets caught, confesses, and throws tOSU under the bus.

Comment

• Man, the drop off from McGlinchey to the next OT is looking huuuge right now. I know it's just the combine, but Brown's lack of athleticism has got to be a big red flag.

Comment

• Kolton Miller looks like an athletic monster at OT. He ranked 8th of 881 total OTs for Relative Athletic Score that a Lions writer does. The 7 above him are pretty darn solid other than Lyndon Murtha, who was a 7th round pick.

Linky
              Last edited by kirmie; 03-02-2018, 12:00 PM. Reason: Add working link since the one that pops on the bottom failed and I can't get rid of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                I'm sure he's gonna rip it up in the three-cone, tho.
                It gets better. I mean, BUTTER!

Chase Goodbread‏Verified account @ChaseGoodbread

A few OL verticals:
                Connor Williams: 34"
                Braden Smith: 33.5"
                Quenton Nelson: 26.5"
                Orlando Brown: 19.5"
                ~

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

I get that spread offenses now ask for more agile big men instead of raw power, but what's he doing with those 345 lbs if strength isn't his game?

I don't think that this is a good OL class in general.
                  Hitting that buffet line.

I think there are some good OL in this class, just not a lot, and not at tackle so much.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

So Billy Price suffered a biceps tear (partial, is the early word) within his first 3 reps at the bench press. If partial, he should be ready for the season's start and it might not hurt his draft stock at all.

~
                    No.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                      For an idea of just how slow Orlando Brown's 5.85 40 was, the Lions have a female beat writer named Tori Petry who ran a sub 6 second 40 in heels.
                      I want video of this.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Just looking at the draft and FA, and man, the Browns could very easily rebuild this team. I look for them to Browns it up though.
                        sigpic

Comment

It gets better. I mean, BUTTER!

~
                          Dang. I think I can jump that high and I have no ups at all. Nor have I ever put any effort into improving my ups. I haven't seen his broad jump yet, but at this rate I bet I could beat it within 10 seconds of getting out of my chair at work.

Edit:

Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I want video of this.
                          They actually have that. The heels aren't tall, but I would have totally gone barefoot instead of running in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9ED4e2R1s
                          Last edited by kirmie; 03-02-2018, 01:07 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

They actually have that. The heels aren't tall, but I would have totally gone barefoot instead of running in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9ED4e2R1s
                            I want her to have my babies.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Whoa. Horrible times for Michel and Walton.

My boy Guice coming in under 4.5 is nice. That dude is like a mini-tank.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Hitting that buffet line.

I think there are some good OL in this class, just not a lot, and not at tackle so much.
                                I actually really, really like the interior OL class. Braden Smith and Scott Quessenberry helped themselves, there's still James Daniels, Isaiah Wynn, and Billy Price who sat out but are high end prospects too.
                                Quenton Nelson and Will Hernandez are absolutely tearing the combine up though. They look like blue chips.

Comment

Working...
                                X