2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
    Dang. I think I can jump that high and I have no ups at all. Nor have I ever put any effort into improving my ups. I haven't seen his broad jump yet, but at this rate I bet I could beat it within 10 seconds of getting out of my chair at work.
    6'10''. Lowest of the group. Lowest recorded since 2003, even. It's possible he might turn out to be a good tackle anyways, but he's sure killing his stock out there.
    ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

6'10''. Lowest of the group. Lowest recorded since 2003, even. It's possible he might turn out to be a good tackle anyways, but he's sure killing his stock out there.
      ~
      Maybe I'm wrong, but I think he's DJ Fluker.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• @NicoleAuerbach The NCAA football rules committee has proposed a significant change the kickoff play -- any successful fair catch between the 25-yard line and the receiving team's own goal line will be considered a touchback.
        That's just... dumb.
        http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• So, why doesn't Walt provide the heights for prospects anymore? He slacking.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

They actually have that. The heels aren't tall, but I would have totally gone barefoot instead of running in them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yj9ED4e2R1s
            I don't have the words for this, but I know who does:

Oh, and Saquon Barkley is basically a Terminator.
            sigpic

Comment

• Rams trade Robert Quinn to the Dolphins.

Originally posted by kirmie View Post

That's just... dumb.
              May as well eliminate kickoffs at that point.
              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                Oh, and Saquon Barkley is basically a Terminator.
                Yeah. I'm with Walter, re: the Browns strategy. Take Barkley at one, then you'll still have a choice of QBs at 4.

It's not as if none of them have warts. And all of them have something to like, too.
                ~

Comment

Yeah. I'm with Walter, re: the Browns strategy. Take Barkley at one, then you'll still have a choice of QBs at 4.

It's not as if none of them have warts. And all of them have something to like, too.
                  ~
                  If the Browns pass on a QB, then they either think there are legitimately four franchise QBs in this class (there aren't), or they're ready to trade up to two or three (where other teams will be bidding against them).

Barkley is a beast, but look at Fournette vs. Kareem Hunt or Alvin Kamara. This is a deep RB class. Take Kerryon Johnson and Sony Michel in the second or something. Get a QB that will actually be a face of a franchise.
                  I mean, look at it this way, they essentially have the same choice as the last two years. They can either take the studly non-QB (like Miles Garrett), or trade down and pickup multiple picks (like 2016), but they miss out on Carson Wentz and Deshaun Watson.
                  I'm not gonna track down the players they got from trading down in 2016, but honestly, do you think they would keep the players they got if they could trade them for Wentz now? Do you think they'd keep Garrett if they could get Deshaun Watson right now? Of course not.

Tell me one thing about Barkley that wasn't also said about Miles Garrett last year and I'll agree with you, but until then QB>anything else.

Comment

• Tell me who the studly QB is?
                    Sam Darnold
                    Josh Rosen
                    Josh Allen
                    Baker Mayfield
                    ?
                    ~

Comment

• I still think they should hand Cousins a blank check and promise to use their 10000 picks to build around him.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                        I still think they should hand Cousins a blank check and promise to use their 10000 picks to build around him.
                        Just because Cousins is about to make a ridiculous fortune doesn't mean he can lead you to the promised land.
                        ~

Comment

Just because Cousins is about to make a ridiculous fortune doesn't mean he can lead you to the promised land.
                          ~
                          I think he could. Especially with a powerful OL and good skill position guys.
                          sigpic

Comment

~
                            The NFC Championship game was qb'd by Nick Foles and Case Keenum, Nick Foles was SB MVP. Dan Marino never won a SB. Drew Brees and A-Rod only have one a piece. People need to stop thinking you need Johnny Unitas to compete for a SB. That said, Cousins ain't going to Clevetown.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

I actually really, really like the interior OL class. Braden Smith and Scott Quessenberry helped themselves, there's still James Daniels, Isaiah Wynn, and Billy Price who sat out but are high end prospects too.
                              Quenton Nelson and Will Hernandez are absolutely tearing the combine up though. They look like blue chips.
                              I like those guys, especially Price. I think Corbett and Cole are also intriguing and Clapp can be a really nice C/G reserve that could develop similar to Ben Jones. I think some people are gonna be a little high on Braden Smith though. Guys from that wacky scheme always have trouble adjusting to the NFL. He was on my preseason "watch list" and I like his potential, but still...
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• DJ Chark with a 4.34 40.
                                ~

Comment

Working...
                                X