2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

One of the greatest plays in SB history if you ask me.

Deebo personified what I think the Steelers were much like Lloyd and Faneca before him. That seems gone now. End of an era.
    Yeah, they don't really have anyone really nasty. DeCastro, maybe. No one on defense has that demeanor though. I think that they wanted Mitchell to bring that. But between playing him out of position and some poor tackling on his part, he was not successful. If you're gonna be nasty, you have to have the game to back it up.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

I'm waiting for him to un-retire as soon as someone needs him. Still, if this is the end, what a career it was. This is probably my favorite play on Steelers history (I'm way too young to remember any 70s stuff.)

I still don't understand how he made it all the way back for a TD.
      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• This LVE neck deal kind of reminds me of Jonathan Allen last year.

P.S. J. Allen last year before he got the Lisfranc.
        ~

Comment

• Nick Mangold officially retires.
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Yeah, they don't really have anyone really nasty. DeCastro, maybe. No one on defense has that demeanor though. I think that they wanted Mitchell to bring that. But between playing him out of position and some poor tackling on his part, he was not successful. If you're gonna be nasty, you have to have the game to back it up.
            Put Billy Price on that line, run more with Conner, and you'll see an attitude change on offense at least. On D, the only guys that seems to have some edge are Tuitt and V-Will.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Put Billy Price on that line, run more with Conner, and you'll see an attitude change on offense at least. On D, the only guys that seems to have some edge are Tuitt and V-Will.
              Price visited the Redskins yesterday, Via today.
              ~

Comment

• A lot of the Steelers visits have been at S, ILB, and WR, with various others mixed in.
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

Price visited the Redskins yesterday, Via today.
                  ~
                  Price is a goddamn mauler.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.sbn...ans-josh-sweat

I'm ahead of the disappointment curve.

Comment

• Of the three mentioned in that article as options, I'd rank Sweat 3rd.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Based on what's been rumored, Jacksonville's new unis are going to be good.
                        sigpic

Comment

• We shall see, I suppose.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Of the three mentioned in that article as options, I'd rank Sweat 3rd.
                            Same. I feel like Sweat's potential ceiling is Bruce Irvin. His potential floor is INSERT PASS RUSHER OUT OF THE LEAGUE BEFORE HIS ROOKIE CONTRACT WAS UP HERE.
                            I don't get people saying Nwosu is an edge player though.

Hubbard bothers me in a 3-4. Has a good assortment of pass rushing moves, but he does not do well in space. I feel like every time I watched him standing up and needing to try to tackle someone in space, he got embarrassed. Doesn't have elite speed either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Same. I feel like Sweat's potential ceiling is Bruce Irvin. His potential floor is INSERT PASS RUSHER OUT OF THE LEAGUE BEFORE HIS ROOKIE CONTRACT WAS UP HERE.
                              I don't get people saying Nwosu is an edge player though.

Hubbard bothers me in a 3-4. Has a good assortment of pass rushing moves, but he does not do well in space. I feel like every time I watched him standing up and needing to try to tackle someone in space, he got embarrassed. Doesn't have elite speed either.
                              I agree with most of this. I think Hubbard can be a force 'backer in a 3-4, though would be best served in a 4-3, and Nwosu is more of a #2 type rusher than your #1 pro bowl stud type imo. He's still learning and I think his best football is ahead of him. Or, he could bust. Not sure there is much in between with him.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Miami went back to their old color scheme. Jags new uniforms are even more basic than originally rumored. I liked the slashes on the pants of the rumored version. These are fine though. They fixed those helmets.
                                Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 04-19-2018, 02:48 PM.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X