2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
    You know what I'd really like to see? NFL Network show some of the first drafts they covered. I think it would be interesting.
    What was the first draft that they covered? Before that, ESPN had them exclusively, back when ESPN was still good.
    sigpic

Comment

• Almost time for me to try and turn my current mock into a mock draft contest entry. Question for the crowd about Broncos picking Quenton Nelson:

This seems to be a consensus pick. But does it make sense? Sure Nelson is the best offensive lineman in the draft. But...this draft is packed with quality talent at center-guard. So wouldn't it make more sense to trade back? They could pick Will Hernandez or Isaiah Wynn or James Daniels (or whomever they like the most) and gain another high pick.

P.S. It's easy to make the argument for Bradley Chubb if they can't get a decent trade-back offer, too. That is: the dropoff in pass-rushing talent after Chubb is far steeper than interior lineman after Nelson.
      ~
      Last edited by ifthethunderdontgetya; 04-22-2018, 10:39 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
        Almost time for me to try and turn my current mock into a mock draft contest entry. Question for the crowd about Broncos picking Quenton Nelson:

This seems to be a consensus pick. But does it make sense? Sure Nelson is the best offensive lineman in the draft. But...this draft is packed with quality talent at center-guard. So wouldn't it make more sense to trade back? They could pick Will Hernandez or Isaiah Wynn or James Daniels (or whomever they like the most) and gain another high pick.

P.S. It's easy to make the argument for Bradley Chubb if they can't get a decent trade-back offer, too. That is: the dropoff in pass-rushing talent after Chubb is far steeper than interior lineman after Nelson.
        ~
        Lots of teams could trade back with teams wanting those QBs.
        sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Lots of teams could trade back with teams wanting those QBs.
          They sure could, but that's why I'm looking at Denver with the 5th pick. My assumption now is that 3 QBs and Saquon Barkley go in the top 4. In other words, it feels like the Broncos would be trading the 5th pick overall with the Colts at 6 for free.
          ~

Comment

What was the first draft that they covered? Before that, ESPN had them exclusively, back when ESPN was still good.
            Not a clue, which is partially why I'm curious to see them.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post

They sure could, but that's why I'm looking at Denver with the 5th pick. My assumption now is that 3 QBs and Saquon Barkley go in the top 4. In other words, it feels like the Broncos would be trading the 5th pick overall with the Colts at 6 for free.
              ~
              I'm thinking Allen #1, Darnold #2 (but not to the G-men), Mayfield #3, and Barkley at #4. After that, I can see teams moving up to get Rosen or Jackson.
              sigpic

Comment

I'm thinking Allen #1, Darnold #2 (but not to the G-men), Mayfield #3, and Barkley at #4. After that, I can see teams moving up to get Rosen or Jackson.
                I feel like the Broncos take whichever QB is there, or try and trade out. I see Nelson going to TB or, at the very least, that's where he makes the most sense to me.

Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Barkley, Allen, Chubb, Nelson, no clue.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I may end up doing a mock tonight, depending on how much I feel like it.

Edit: I got to Seatttle, but can't think of anything but trade down. But I can't think of who will trade up, as I have the first round QBs gone already. They are in a tough spot.
                  Last edited by steelers_pens_fan; 04-22-2018, 08:35 PM.
                  sigpic

Comment

I may end up doing a mock tonight, depending on how much I feel like it.

Edit: I got to Seatttle, but can't think of anything but trade down. But I can't think of who will trade up, as I have the first round QBs gone already. They are in a tough spot.
                    'hawks need a CB to take Sherm's place, a DE/DT to replace Bennett and a RB to finally replace BeastMode. If Guice is still on the board, That's the way I'd go but Seattle is weird. Guice might lack the requisite character red flags for ol' Petey. I mean, you just know they're gonna draft Holton Hill 2-3 rounds too early.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

'hawks need a CB to take Sherm's place, a DE/DT to replace Bennett and a RB to finally replace BeastMode. If Guice is still on the board, That's the way I'd go but Seattle is weird. Guice might lack the requisite character red flags for ol' Petey. I mean, you just know they're gonna draft Holton Hill 2-3 rounds too early.
                      They have a ton of glaring needs, few picks to fill them, and are generally hard to predict anyways. So I stopped for the night. I'll look again tomorrow.
                      sigpic

Comment

They have a ton of glaring needs, few picks to fill them, and are generally hard to predict anyways. So I stopped for the night. I'll look again tomorrow.
                        I had them picking Davenport, but I'm going to move him up. Thinking of putting Landry there. I don't think they'll be making the pick, they need to trade back and probably will. So I'm just trying to get these guys into the right neighborhoods.
                        ~

Comment

• 3 1/2 days boys. Can't believe it's finally here.

Best/worst cases for everyone?
                          CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• I think for the Titans, they'll either get the third pass rusher or inside linebacker off the board with the 25th pick (Landry or LVE), and a decent option at the other position in the next round. I guess also, that the staff feels good enough about Corey Levine to take a DT 3rd, a TE fifth, and a, OT sixth.

Worst case scenario is both players I named off the board and no trade down partners. Or if the Titans just ignore what their actual needs are and take guards, tight ends, and receivers, like Walt, McShay, and Kiper keep mocking to them.

Comment

• Hard for me to imagine how they could screw it up. With the 13th pick, and 4 QBs going in the top 12 (my assumption), they'll have a choice of at least two of the top tier defenders. Or else we can trade back, as Charlie noted there are a lot of excellent day 2 values and it'd be nice to get another one of them.

Here's one possibility: Mark Bullock (a writer I like a lot for his player breakdown pieces) suggested maybe we would use the pick on Derrius Guice. He got some feedback...
                              ~

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post
                                I think for the Titans, they'll either get the third pass rusher or inside linebacker off the board with the 25th pick (Landry or LVE), and a decent option at the other position in the next round. I guess also, that the staff feels good enough about Corey Levine to take a DT 3rd, a TE fifth, and a, OT sixth.

Worst case scenario is both players I named off the board and no trade down partners. Or if the Titans just ignore what their actual needs are and take guards, tight ends, and receivers, like Walt, McShay, and Kiper keep mocking to them.
                                Interesting. I have your team marked as one Dallas might move back with to jump Detroit for an EDGE. I guess everyone in that pick range kind of wants to trade down.

My shortlist for Dallas would probably be Derwin, Landry, McGlinchey, Wynn. Failing that, I could be talked into Ridley or Vea, but would ideally rather move back.
                                CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

Working...
                                X