2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Good luck with that. I used to think it was all Lebeau, but the zone coverage bs hasn't gotten any better, although the rush concepts seem to have improved. This is what you're running until Tomlin is gone or Rooney says otherwise.

Oddly, in the course of continuing to complain about the team drafting Rudolph, Ben accidentally made a good point. The hell did they draft Dobbs for? Did they waste that 4th rounder, mis-evaluate Dobbs or what?
    I don't think anything has improved, really. And yeah, the Dobbs pick was rendered pointless. Yeah, I get it, Ben was threatening retirement, they were actively looking at Mahomes and Kizer last year, so they took a swing on a developmental guy in the 4th. But there were a bunch of other options there, and now you have a guy that is no longer serving any purpose. It makes no sense in hindsight.
    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Yeah, in retrospect they have killed it on the offensive side of the ball. Haven't been impressed with their defensive acquisitions though. Between injury issues and character risks, always seems like there's something wrong there.
      Lawrence is a great player obviously, otherwise I would tend to agree, we clearly haven't gotten much return on investment on Gregory, Jaylon, or Taco (yet). Byron Jones and Maliek Collins are alright, could do worse in the late first to early third draft range. Hitchens was a nice pick but is gone now.

I'm projecting Awuzie, Lewis, and Xavier Woods to all become solid to high level starters, which may be a bit of a stretch, but to potentially get 60% of a quality starting secondary in a single draft is pretty dope. I honestly think Lewis has a Chris Harris type of ceiling if they primarily focus him on the slot.
      Last edited by whatdoyouwant711; 05-06-2018, 11:05 AM.
      CMD VI Cattle Wranglers of Arlington

Comment

• Originally posted by whatdoyouwant711 View Post

Lawrence is a great player obviously, otherwise I would tend to agree, we clearly haven't gotten much return on investment on Gregory, Jaylon, or Taco (yet). Byron Jones and Maliek Collins are alright, could do worse in the late first to early third draft range. Hitchens was a nice pick but is gone now.

I'm projecting Awuzie, Lewis, and Xavier Woods to all become solid to high level starters, which may be a bit of a stretch, but to potentially get 60% of a quality starting secondary in a single draft is pretty dope. I honestly think Lewis has a Chris Harris type of ceiling if they primarily focus him on the slot.
        Lewis seems to already be on his way, it didn't look like Awuzie ever got going last year due to injuries and I think Woods is a rotational guy/Jeff Heath type (only slower).
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Lewis seems to already be on his way, it didn't look like Awuzie ever got going last year due to injuries and I think Woods is a rotational guy/Jeff Heath type (only slower).
          Thoughts on Devin White?
          sigpic

Comment

Thoughts on Devin White?
            Best suited as a buck in 3-4. Don't think he has the speed I want in a stud mack. Will be interesting to see how he develops this year. Better player, athlete and prospect than the kid at Michigan imo.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Congrats to the Ice Redskins!
              ~

Comment

• Roquan Smith already had his team iPad taken. That was fast.

Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                Congrats to the Ice Redskins!
                ~
                I support this statement as a fan of teams that don't have Cindy Crosby.
                http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• In an actual football news, here's a report about a Bills trade the Broncos turned down because Chubb fell to number 5.
                  ~

Comment

• The Chiefs released Rakeem Nunez-Roches after he signed his RFA tender. That's weird.

Two random video editors are also suing the Lions for race and/or age discrimination. That could get interesting or be a lot of nothing.

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                      Congrats to the Ice Redskins!
                      ~
                      Boooooo...

Oh well. Team looked gassed after back to back cup runs. Probably wouldn't get past Tampa. They could use another good defensive pairing as well.

I know this isn't football, but does the immediate success of Vegas make anyone else think that the NHL should take another look at the expansion draft? They basically got to cherry pick a championship team.
                      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post
                        Roquan Smith already had his team iPad taken. That was fast.

I support this statement as a fan of teams that don't have Cindy Crosby.
                        Says butthurt Wings fan. Seriously though, Sid may not be the most likable guy but at least he's not Ben. Or Bell. Or Brown. But, much like the Steelers, I think the team is too damn soft.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Boooooo...

Oh well. Team looked gassed after back to back cup runs. Probably wouldn't get past Tampa. They could use another good defensive pairing as well.

I know this isn't football, but does the immediate success of Vegas make anyone else think that the NHL should take another look at the expansion draft? They basically got to cherry pick a championship team.
                          Yeah, we lost Nate Schmidt and that hurt. Team doesn't have many young quality defense guys in the system. But I must admit this is also due to bad cap management and such as.
                          ~

Comment

• NFLPA finally filed a grievance on behalf of Eric Reid. About time. Him not being signed is worse than Kaepernick.

Also, since yall are all talking hockey, go Preds! This season vs the Jets has been pretty epic.

Comment

Says butthurt Wings fan. Seriously though, Sid may not be the most likable guy but at least he's not Ben. Or Bell. Or Brown. But, much like the Steelers, I think the team is too damn soft.
                              I totally hated him back in 2008 when the Wings beat them for Stanley as well. Too much of a pretty boy and he had all his teeth for so long. Though the Wings have been soft for years outside of a few random guys. Like pre-injury Kronwall.

Speaking of hockey and injuries, for you non-NHL fans this is a picture of Drew Miller. He played in the next game which was 2 days later after that injury. Movie makeup artists wish that could make cuts that cool.

Comment

• Originally posted by kirmie View Post

I totally hated him back in 2008 when the Wings beat them for Stanley as well. Too much of a pretty boy and he had all his teeth for so long. Though the Wings have been soft for years outside of a few random guys. Like pre-injury Kronwall.

Speaking of hockey and injuries, for you non-NHL fans this is a picture of Drew Miller. He played in the next game which was 2 days later after that injury. Movie makeup artists wish that could make cuts that cool.

Y'all are just salty. In all seriousness, the NHL is more focused on speed and offense than the NFL is. I guess it makes sense: butts in seats matter to a league that actually lost a season and a ton of popularity.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X