2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Oh yeah, I don't understand anyone hyping Vrabel at all, but I love the OC hire, and Pees was good if he still cares (though coming out of retirement always worries me). Mariota and Carr both had great second years and took a nosedive after getting the same injury at the same time, so I'm assuming it was mostly due to injury and that they'll be better in 2018. The roster is pretty damn good at this point, so that alone is a huge improvement from five to ten years ago.

Who is the new OC again?

Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Oh yeah, I don't understand anyone hyping Vrabel at all, but I love the OC hire, and Pees was good if he still cares (though coming out of retirement always worries me). Mariota and Carr both had great second years and took a nosedive after getting the same injury at the same time, so I'm assuming it was mostly due to injury and that they'll be better in 2018. The roster is pretty damn good at this point, so that alone is a huge improvement from five to ten years ago.

I saw that, and that's cool. I'm already pissed that the NFLPA hasn't already moved to challenge it in some way. As quick as they were to defend suspensions for failed drug tests, cheating, or domestic assault, they're almost as ****ing culpable as the owners if they don't step up on this issue.

And yeah, that's maybe the thing that makes me the angriest. They were going to piss off a group of customers one way or the other, and even with that, knowing that there will be a similar market hit either way, they still couldn't do the right ****ing thing. Or even just not pass the goddamn thing unanimously. The Titans particularly, since they're one of the two teams in the league not owned by a white man.
      As it turns out, there wasn't even an owner vote on this. It literally looks like Goodell tried to sneak this in, and botched it horribly. Yeah...this could be a fun one.
      sigpic

Comment

• Frank Ragnow working at LG for the Lions, which is a mistake imo. He's much better at center.
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
          Frank Ragnow working at LG for the Lions, which is a mistake imo. He's much better at center.
          Who is their current center?
          sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Who is their current center?
            I believe its Glasgow.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I keep seeing different variations of the anthem rule, but if what I heard the most is true I'm kind of OK with it. Player fines are all up to the individual teams. This means an entire team can kneel and none of the players are guaranteed to be punished. What we'll get is to see which owners are cool with it and which aren't. We can hate the individual teams and owners instead of the entire NFL. All while Goodell backs out of the room pointing at Jerry Jones and saying "He's the one fining the players. Not me." Hopefully the push back from everybody going toward the individual owners will make them realize they're racist asshats and it makes them look terrible.

Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I believe its Glasgow.
              That is correct. Not sure how I feel about this, but Glasgow was playing LG when he first came up too. It may just be the team easing him into learning responsibilities.
              http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• I thought so!
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Who is the new OC again?
                  Lafleur.

Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

As it turns out, there wasn't even an owner vote on this. It literally looks like Goodell tried to sneak this in, and botched it horribly. Yeah...this could be a fun one.
                  Yeah, this whole thing keeps looking weirder and weirder. There are reports that 49ers and Raiders owners were against it and abstained from voting, then the reports that there was no vote.

It looks to me like they's just seeing more backlash than they thought.

Comment

• Why do you like Lafleur? I don't even know who that is.
                    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Anybody else feel like the Jags are going to fall off this year? It seems like a number of guys on that defense had career years and I don't expect them to be able to repeat that performance. Anybody y'all expect to either take a step back this year, or conversely, make a leap forward?
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Why do you like Lafleur? I don't even know who that is.
                        Rams' OC last year.

Comment

Anybody else feel like the Jags are going to fall off this year? It seems like a number of guys on that defense had career years and I don't expect them to be able to repeat that performance. Anybody y'all expect to either take a step back this year, or conversely, make a leap forward?
                          Absolutely. Furthermore, they were super healthy last season, outside of Robinson. I think they take a slight step back. 8 wins, maybe.

Comment

Absolutely. Furthermore, they were super healthy last season, outside of Robinson. I think they take a slight step back. 8 wins, maybe.
                            Thats about what I was thinking. 8-10 wins. I don't get the feeling they're about to take the next step yet. They could get there, but I don't think it'll be next season.
                            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Anybody else feel like the Jags are going to fall off this year? It seems like a number of guys on that defense had career years and I don't expect them to be able to repeat that performance. Anybody y'all expect to either take a step back this year, or conversely, make a leap forward?
                              It all hinges on Bortles. Which probably isn't good news for Jacksonville. Plus, I see the AFC being more competitive this year.

​​
                              sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

It all hinges on Bortles. Which probably isn't good news for Jacksonville. Plus, I see the AFC being more competitive this year.

​​
                                What makes you think the AFC wiil be more competitive? Who do you think is gonna be better (other than Indy if Luck is right)?
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X