X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post
    Trying to put together my ideal offensive line:

LT Taylor Lewan

LG Andrew Norwell (this was my toughest position, as Norwell and Osemele are the only two guys I could think of that aren't rookies. Any other suggestions?)

C Travis Frederick (if age wasn't a concern for me, this pick would be Alex Mack)

RG Kevin Zeitler

RT Jack Conklin (Lane Johnson was the other option here, but I feel Conklin has more nasty to his game)

Ok, so what y'all got?
    That one's pretty dang solid. Obviously I dig the bookend Titans, and Frederick seems obvious too. Zeitler I can't argue with, but I do feel like I'd take Decastro over Norwell, but that probably puts me in the minority.
    If you're just talking 2018, to make it more interesting, I'd change Conklin, since he's injured, to maybe Ramczyk or Bulaga.

While we're at it, my ideal DLine:

DE: Khalil Mack
    DT: Jurrell Casey
    DT: Aaron Donald
    DE: J.J. Watt

Comment

• Lewan, Martin, Frederick, DeCastro, L.Johnson. You could argue for a lot of different combos though. As for DL? That depends on your scheme. Aaron Donald would be involved either way.

Jameis Winston suspended 3 games.
      sigpic

Comment

• Grrr. I can't double quote. Anyway, I considered both DeCastro and Martin quite a bit. But, I don't want to move anybody from the side of the line they currently play, so I went with the nastier, more physical guy.

I'll have to think about D-line. Also, what is Conklin's injury and when will he be back???
        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Also, does Cleveland trade Kevin Love and/or the #8 pick tonight in an effort to get more "star power" that could convince Lebron to stay? I kinda like the idea of keeping 8 since rumor is Porter Jr will be available at that spot. Unless, of course, he fails the team medical OR McCollum is available in trade for that pick.
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I can't wait to see what 2 or 3 teams are relevant in basketball this year.
            sigpic

Comment

Grrr. I can't double quote. Anyway, I considered both DeCastro and Martin quite a bit. But, I don't want to move anybody from the side of the line they currently play, so I went with the nastier, more physical guy.

I'll have to think about D-line. Also, what is Conklin's injury and when will he be back???
              Tore his ACL in the Pats game. Almost certainly starting the season on IR.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Tore his ACL in the Pats game. Almost certainly starting the season on IR.
                That suuuuuuucks. Btw, Bulaga is expected to start the season on pup.
                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post
                  I can't wait to see what 2 or 3 teams are relevant in basketball this year.
                  Warriors, Celtics, and maybe Cavs if LBJ stays.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Warriors, Celtics, and maybe Cavs if LBJ stays.
                    I harp on the lack of parity, but even if there was parity I just can't get into basketball. College has that tournament upset factor, but that's the beginning and end of it for me. Not sure why, just could never get into it.
                    sigpic

Comment

I harp on the lack of parity, but even if there was parity I just can't get into basketball. College has that tournament upset factor, but that's the beginning and end of it for me. Not sure why, just could never get into it.
                      It kinda sucks. I get marginally interested around the playoffs and for like an hour or two around draft time, but that's about it. The complete lack of anything resembling competitive balance doesn't help matters.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

It kinda sucks. I get marginally interested around the playoffs and for like an hour or two around draft time, but that's about it. The complete lack of anything resembling competitive balance doesn't help matters.
                        Right. And most other sports are too slow to be enjoyed on TV. And then there's soccer that I could never sit down and watch, either.
                        sigpic

Comment

Right. And most other sports are too slow to be enjoyed on TV. And then there's soccer that I could never sit down and watch, either.
                          I feel like to really enjoy baseball you have to know the whole organization, especially the farm system. No way am I watching soccer.
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I was into basketball back when I was young and my team was the Washington Bullets. We've grown apart since then...I like hockey a lot more now.
                            ~

Comment

• Just realized Joel Bitonio would have been another option at LG.
                              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                                I was into basketball back when I was young and my team was the Washington Bullets. We've grown apart since then...I like hockey a lot more now.
                                ~
                                Lol. I can see giving up on the Bullets/Wizards. Congrats on the Cup.
                                Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X