No announcement yet.

2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reset the "Days Since An NFL Player Was Arrested" counter to zero.

Colts defensive lineman David Parry arrested in Arizona

The victim told officers he had picked up three people from a downtown bar in his "transportation cart" - a street-legal golf cart police say was used as a taxi - and had dropped two of them off. When he got out of the cart to collect payment, the victim told police the third person, later identified as Parry, hit him on the head and left the scene in the cart.

Police were later called to a hit and run collision nearby, where responding officers found the golf cart crashed into a gate. Officers later found Parry on the sidewalk, apparently drunk, according to police.
    ~

Comment

• So the Browns have about $106.8M in cap space right now. Last year they ended with $46.9M in cap space and $21M in 2015. So what do we think happens first? Do the Browns end a season with less than $10M in cap space or do they hit a point where they have more cap space left than the non-adjusted salary cap?

Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
      Chiefs signing a guard for that much, and are struggling to find space for Eric Berry.
      But he doubles as the team doctor...

Edit: I thought Antonio Brown was paid more? How did the Steelers get him so cheap? His cap hit for this year is barely more than CJ's cap hit last year, when he didn't even play, and CJ's cap hit in 2015 was $1.5M more than the highest single year Brown's will be without another restructure. That wouldn't be so odd to me, but CJ signed that extension in 2012 when the cap was only $120.6M and less than $1M of this 2015 hit was due to restructures. I don't know whether I should be more confused by the fact that the WR market still hasn't caught up to CJ;s recent cap hits or if I should be more angry with Tom Lewand (former Lions president) for being terrible at contracts and cap management. Probably the latter.
      Last edited by kirmie; 02-28-2017, 09:55 AM.
      http://i.imgur.com/gF4v0yy.gifv

Comment

• Adrian Peterson to be a free agent officially.

Comment

• End of an era. Wow. I remember when Peterson was drafted. I can't believe it's been 10 years. One of the greatest Vikings ever. Some stupid **** happened the last few years, too bad it ended the way it did. I'll always remember that 2009 game against Cleveland where he tossed that guy right off the field on a long TD run. Thanks for the memories, AP.

Comment

• Chiefs lock up Eric Berry, release Jamal Charles.
            Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Berry getting 13 a year for 6 years, Kirk getting franchised. What a big day.

Crow got a 2nd round chicken tendie, and hopefully Pryor gets a deal soon, as the Browns don't want to tag him.

Comment

• I guess most of the moves have been expected, for instance the Jets released Revis.

But Jack Doyle will be a free agent.
                ~

Comment

• Saints releasing Byrd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnnyallstar View Post
                    Saints releasing Byrd.
                    I wonder if Byrd is gonna do a flip when he packs up his stuff.
                    Annoyer of Everyone, and I'm not sorry about it.

Owner of the Portland Horned Owls.

Lord Of the Mentally Retarded

Long May MD4L homer Florida players

May Rags always be drunk.

Defense wins championships, Murderers win at everything.

Comment

• Joe Thomas is a funny guy.
                      ~

Comment

• Originally posted by ifthethunderdontgetya View Post
                        I guess most of the moves have been expected, for instance the Jets released Revis.

But Jack Doyle will be a free agent.
                        ~
                        Doyle may be my favorite TE in the league. Not the best, but my favorite. Kelsey lost that crown by revealing himself to be a major d-bag.
                        Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Chris Burke‏Verified account @ChrisBurke_SI 52m52 minutes ago

John Lynch also just said he used to do mock drafts, for fun. ONE OF US ONE OF US
                          ====
                          ~

Comment

• Great re-signing of Matt Cassel by the Titans. A very good quarterback.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Watching Solomon Thomas

He has no idea what he's doing, but he's just so god dam athletic

It's unleash the dragon time yall

Comment

• Originally posted by Lenny View Post
                                Great re-signing of Matt Cassel by the Titans. A very good quarterback.
                                I don't get why Walt gave that an F. That's a dumbass grade. Cassell knows the offense, he won the only game he started in 2016, and everyone knows if Mariota goes down, the Titans are boned anyway. Signing a better backup won't change that much.

Originally posted by RoflDogs View Post
                                Watching Solomon Thomas

He has no idea what he's doing, but he's just so god dam athletic
                                Yeah, I don't get the hype there. I think he's a first round talent for sure, but top 10 seems a bit rich for him, especially with such a good edge class.

Comment

Working...
                                X