2018 NFL & College Football Discussion Thread

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by steelers_pens_fan View Post

Didn't he get the "character issues" label when he was drafted? He may want to see what's going on, but could he do it without getting himself in trouble? There may be a good reason he's been told to stay away. I'm sure it is a difficult situation either way.
    I think he got bounced from Fla and had to go to Bugtussle Directional State before being drafted. Like I said, I'd be hip deep in the situation. But, maybe he and his family roll like A-Hern. Or maybe he's like a friend I had, whose family is a bunch of drugged out screw ups. I have no idea. Regardless, It's definitely a bad situation.
    Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So it appears both JJ's brother, who spent time in prison for some variety of assault with some variety of weapon, and this guy were living at JJ's house. They got into a fight and JJ's brother "inflicted injuries resulting in death". He was then arrested in some other part of NY on other charges.
      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• So, how long until Jameis Winston is out of the league? And why would anyone be shocked about it?
        sigpic

Comment

So, how long until Jameis Winston is out of the league? And why would anyone be shocked about it?
          Where's Charlie to white knight Jameis some more???
          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

Where's Charlie to white knight Jameis some more???
            Still don't get that. A guy can love football and be a locker room leader but be a total ****head off of it at the same time. It's not uncommon at all for awful people to fake it really. He's had a pattern of this behavior, and he went to probably the worst possible location for a guy like that.

I get why the Bucs took a chance on him, he checks all of the boxes you want football-wise. But most of these guys don't right the ship, especially with the way social media is today. Which is something Ben is really lucky about. That and being in a strong organization.
            sigpic

Comment

Still don't get that. A guy can love football and be a locker room leader but be a total ****head off of it at the same time. It's not uncommon at all for awful people to fake it really. He's had a pattern of this behavior, and he went to probably the worst possible location for a guy like that.

I get why the Bucs took a chance on him, he checks all of the boxes you want football-wise. But most of these guys don't right the ship, especially with the way social media is today. Which is something Ben is really lucky about. That and being in a strong organization.
              Whatever the case, I hope the guy pulls his head out and can get things turned around. He says he's stopped drinking, and that's a good first step. I wish him the best in finding the right path.
              Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

So, how long until Jameis Winston is out of the league? And why would anyone be shocked about it?
                Eh, I don't know. He plays like a franchise QB most of the time, and he's managed to stay out of big trouble so far. I guess the question is which comes first: a deep playoff run, or big trouble? Because the one that comes first will probably decide whether or not he sticks in the league.

Comment

• Originally posted by Daniel View Post

Eh, I don't know. He plays like a franchise QB most of the time, and he's managed to stay out of big trouble so far. I guess the question is which comes first: a deep playoff run, or big trouble? Because the one that comes first will probably decide whether or not he sticks in the league.
                  I just hope they beat the Panthers twice this year.
                  Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Castiron View Post

I just hope they beat the Panthers twice this year.
                    Still not letting Cam off the hook, eh?
                    sigpic

Comment

Still not letting Cam off the hook, eh?
                      I hate $Cam sooooo much.
                      Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

• I like Cam. Anyone who embarrasses Bama on the biggest possible stage like he did gets a lifetime pass on just about everything.

Comment

• GLOW season 1 on netflix is hilarious!
                          Flinchy McTapQwik

Lol

Comment

I like Cam. Anyone who embarrasses Bama on the biggest possible stage like he did gets a lifetime pass on just about everything.
                            He had the craziest one year run. Just show up, dominate, leave. I'm ignoring his time in Florida of course. And what may/may not have happened with Miss. State.

Speaking of Miss. State, I'm looking forward to what Moorhead does there. A fun, up tempo, spread out Mississippi school is like all of Bama's kryptonite combined.
                            sigpic

Comment

He had the craziest one year run. Just show up, dominate, leave. I'm ignoring his time in Florida of course. And what may/may not have happened with Miss. State.

Speaking of Miss. State, I'm looking forward to what Moorhead does there. A fun, up tempo, spread out Mississippi school is like all of Bama's kryptonite combined.
                              As a Vol fan, I'm all about any team being able to beat Saban. Miss St will be interesting; with Ole Miss in constant hot water, I think they can be a consistent contender, and Moorhead was a good hire.

Tennessee is going to suck this season. Hard. Like, upside is a losing team that manages to beat one actual football team at some point in the season. Then, in the entirety of this hire, the best case scenario is that Tennessee is keeping Bama's next head coach's seat warm.

Comment

As a Vol fan, I'm all about any team being able to beat Saban. Miss St will be interesting; with Ole Miss in constant hot water, I think they can be a consistent contender, and Moorhead was a good hire.

Tennessee is going to suck this season. Hard. Like, upside is a losing team that manages to beat one actual football team at some point in the season. Then, in the entirety of this hire, the best case scenario is that Tennessee is keeping Bama's next head coach's seat warm.
                                Seems like Tennessee always has players but never the coaching behind them. Of course their last coaching search was a mess. I don't think Schiano was a great choice or anything but they made a mockery of themselves. As far as that division goes Georgia is the only solid threat right now, though Florida may be on their way back.

I expect a step back for Penn State this year. Not a massive flop, but they shouldn't have last year's lofty expectations either. Probably 10 wins. Maybe 9 if they get a 15 to 8 Ferentzing. Because no one scores points normally when Iowa is involved.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X